/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 4/28/04 4:37 a.m.

In Response To: Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? (Dr. John Sumner)

: I will simply walk over it like I did the first time it was lowered, thank
: you. I'd appreciate it if you would not respond like I am some kind of
: idiot Steve. I have played this level over and over again and have never
: come close to being trapped anywhere. I simply do not see how anyone could
: get trapped.

Yikes! I guess I should have realized that there was a reason you weren't seeing the problem - I certainly wouldn't consider you to be an idiot, even if you were acting like one. John, I have utmost respect for you and your Marathon knowlege and abilities. Unfortunately, I think you're the one eating humble pie this time. You never raised the elevator platform in the first place, whereas Mark and I did. I think that Ian clearly had intended for the platform to be raised. I would also point out that although you might not be troubled by making that jump across and then having limited manouverability to deal with the monsters awaiting you, most players would. Maybe the rest of us are idots but, clearly, if someone can be trapped, they will and we need to fix it.

BTW, rather than counting on Forge (there are plenty of examples of things that work in Forge and not in gameplay), I went and replayed the level last night with a little help from NUKE in Aleph's cheat codes. The problem is exactly as mark said - falling off the platform leaves the player trapped unless you QWE your way back up (cheat codes again). Personally, I'd rather have a switch to lower the platform back down than to raise both halves, but that is a matter of aesthetics from my standpoint.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/26/04 7:17 a.m.
     Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Steve Levinson 4/26/04 9:48 a.m.
           Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/26/04 10:56 a.m.
     Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/26/04 10:18 a.m.
           Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/26/04 10:45 a.m.
                 Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/26/04 12:20 p.m.
                       Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Steve Levinson 4/26/04 3:08 p.m.
                             Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/26/04 3:22 p.m.
                                   Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/26/04 3:50 p.m.
                                   Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Steve Levinson 4/26/04 4:44 p.m.
                                         Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/26/04 5:17 p.m.
                                               Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Steve Levinson 4/26/04 5:49 p.m.
                                                     Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/26/04 9:45 p.m.
                                                           Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/27/04 10:47 a.m.
                                                                 Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/27/04 3:51 p.m.
                                                                       Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/27/04 5:12 p.m.
                                                                             Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Steve Levinson 4/27/04 5:51 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/28/04 2:50 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!Steve Levinson 4/28/04 4:37 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!Dr. John Sumner 4/28/04 6:37 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!Mark Levin 4/28/04 6:56 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!Steve Levinson 4/28/04 7:42 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!Dr. John Sumner 4/28/04 9:20 a.m.
                                                                             Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/27/04 5:55 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/28/04 3:06 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/28/04 3:17 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.