/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?
Posted By: Mark LevinDate: 4/26/04 10:45 a.m.

In Response To: Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? (Dr. John Sumner)

: All I can say about this is Bless you Mark, Bless you :) A recharger would be
: most welcome. Actually, before I get too excited, you do mean a recharge
: station and not just a 1x canister right?

Actually, I did mean a canister. We can't have it be TOO easy :P

The beetles in the elevator strike me as the hardest single spot, it's nearly impossible to avoid taking a large amount of damage in there, and then you have to do the last 2/3 of the level with a tiny amount of health.

: Ok, you've lost me here. Where are you talking about getting trapped? If the
: player falls back into the beginning of the level, can't they just retrace
: their steps?

The part of the central area that rises up when you press the switch blocks the path that leads from the start of the level to that switch. If you fall off the platform into the start of the level, there is no way to get back up there or get that half of the shaft back down (unless I'm missing something).

(If you think it's important to not have the extra space when fighting, we could also add a switch to reset the shaft in the beginning of the level.)

: I like Steve's idea. Put a PB in the hallway before the exit room. Make the
: entire floor in the final room an exit poly and yellow like G3.

Sounds good.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/26/04 7:17 a.m.
     Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Steve Levinson 4/26/04 9:48 a.m.
           Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/26/04 10:56 a.m.
     Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/26/04 10:18 a.m.
           Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/26/04 10:45 a.m.
                 Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/26/04 12:20 p.m.
                       Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Steve Levinson 4/26/04 3:08 p.m.
                             Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/26/04 3:22 p.m.
                                   Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/26/04 3:50 p.m.
                                   Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Steve Levinson 4/26/04 4:44 p.m.
                                         Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/26/04 5:17 p.m.
                                               Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Steve Levinson 4/26/04 5:49 p.m.
                                                     Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/26/04 9:45 p.m.
                                                           Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/27/04 10:47 a.m.
                                                                 Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/27/04 3:51 p.m.
                                                                       Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/27/04 5:12 p.m.
                                                                             Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Steve Levinson 4/27/04 5:51 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/28/04 2:50 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!Steve Levinson 4/28/04 4:37 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!Dr. John Sumner 4/28/04 6:37 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!Mark Levin 4/28/04 6:56 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!Steve Levinson 4/28/04 7:42 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop? - OUCH!Dr. John Sumner 4/28/04 9:20 a.m.
                                                                             Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Mark Levin 4/27/04 5:55 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/28/04 3:06 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: RED 1.1: Why did it stop?Dr. John Sumner 4/28/04 3:17 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.