/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Argh! + shotgun musings
Posted By: the Battle CatDate: 1/28/04 7:12 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Argh! + shotgun musings (paolo mk IV)

: Thanks. The concept is still a bit nebulous but I think I've got the idea.
: As far as excusing vs. forgiving, english is not my first language (I am
: italian) so I think I could be forgiven.
: Or you could try to explain what a washer is in Italian ;)
: Ciao.

I have always had the greatest admiration for a person who speaks multiple languages. DcBob has tried to teach me some Icelandic but it all goes right over my head. The same with my Finland buddy Erkky. I used babelfish to translate the below description to Italian:

A washer can be any shape but typically a washer looks like a coin with a hole in the center. A washer is an object used in conjunction with a nut and a bolt. The washer has a hole in the center that the bolt fits through. One or two washers may be used depending on the situation. The washer has several functions. The washer keeps the surface of the material being bolted from becoming marred. The washer keeps the bolt and the nut from sinking into the surface, if the bolt and the nut sink into the surface it cannot be turned. The washer is also used to provide precise torque when there is a need to tighten a nut to a prescribed specification.

Here it is translated by http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/

Una rondella può essere tutti i figura ma tipicamente assomigli della rondella ad una moneta con un foro nel centro. Una rondella è un oggetto usato insieme con un dado e un bullone. La rondella ha un foro nel centro che il bullone misura attraverso. Una o due rondella può essere usata secondo la situazione. La rondella ha parecchie funzioni. La rondella mantiene la superficie del materiale che è serrato dall'essere guastata. La rondella mantiene il bullone ed il dado dall'abbassamento nella superficie, se il bullone ed il dispersore del dado nella superficie esso non possono essere girati. La rondella inoltre è usata per fornire la coppia di torsione precisa quando ci è una necessità di stringere un dado ad una specifica prescritta.

I have no idea if that translation makes sense to you because when the above Italian is reconverted back to English below, I don't know what the hell it means!

A washer can be all the figure but typically it resembles of the washer to one currency with a hole in the center. A washer is an object used with with a dice and a bolt. The washer has a hole in the center that the bolt measure through. Or a two washer can be used the situation second. The washer has several functions. The washer maintains the surface of the material that is locked the put out of order being. The washer maintains the bolt and the dice from the lowering in the surface, if the bolt and the scatterer of the dice in the surface it cannot be turn to you. The washer moreover is used in order to supply the brace of precise torsion when necessity to tighten a prescribed dice to a specific one is one.

Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Argh!Neoptolemus 1/25/04 6:33 p.m.
     Re: Argh!Neoptolemus 1/25/04 6:38 p.m.
           Re: Argh!Yossarian 1/26/04 6:36 a.m.
                 Re: Argh!Neoptolemus 1/27/04 1:14 p.m.
                       Re: Argh!Johannes Gunnar 1/27/04 1:58 p.m.
                             Who do you play MP with? no message *NM*Andrew "Document" Nagy 1/27/04 2:52 p.m.
                                   People online. *NM*Johannes Gunnar 1/28/04 1:47 p.m.
                             Re: Argh!Neoptolemus 1/27/04 7:00 p.m.
                                   Re: Argh!Lunair 1/27/04 7:33 p.m.
                                         Re: Argh!Neoptolemus 1/28/04 4:16 a.m.
                                               Re: Argh!deathmonger 1/28/04 8:20 a.m.
                                                     Good answer! :-) *NM*Johannes Gunnar 1/28/04 9:18 a.m.
                                                           Thanks *NM*deathmonger 1/28/04 11:46 a.m.
                                                     Re: Argh!Neoptolemus 1/29/04 2:51 p.m.
                                                           Re: Argh!deathmonger 1/29/04 3:42 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Argh!Adam Ashwell 1/29/04 3:59 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Argh!deathmonger 1/29/04 6:34 p.m.
                                                           Re: Argh!Lunair 1/29/04 6:53 p.m.
                                               Re: Argh!Yossarian 1/28/04 9:19 a.m.
                                                     Re: Argh!Neoptolemus 1/29/04 2:40 p.m.
                                                           Re: Argh!Adam Ashwell 1/29/04 2:48 p.m.
                                                           Re: Argh!Yossarian 1/29/04 6:18 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Argh!Neoptolemus 1/29/04 6:56 p.m.
                                                           Re: Argh!Lunair 1/29/04 6:18 p.m.
                                               Re: Argh!ukimalefu 1/28/04 8:07 p.m.
                                               Re: Argh!D-M.A. 1/29/04 12:47 a.m.
                                                     Re: Argh!Neoptolemus 1/29/04 1:33 p.m.
                                                     Re: Argh!Lunair 1/29/04 5:24 p.m.
     Re: Argh!the Battle Cat 1/26/04 5:38 a.m.
           Re: Argh!deathmonger 1/26/04 6:17 a.m.
     Re: Argh!Boomer 1/26/04 9:50 a.m.
           Re: Argh!Bob-B-Q 1/26/04 2:09 p.m.
                 Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsYossarian 1/26/04 3:33 p.m.
                       Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsKommienzuspadt 1/26/04 3:44 p.m.
                             Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsthe Battle Cat 1/27/04 5:27 a.m.
                       Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsElliott 1/26/04 5:44 p.m.
                             Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsYossarian 1/27/04 5:12 a.m.
                             Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsthe Battle Cat 1/27/04 6:15 a.m.
                                   Re: Argh! + shotgun musingspaolo mk IV 1/27/04 8:29 a.m.
                                         Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsAdam Ashwell 1/27/04 9:56 a.m.
                                               Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsElliott 1/27/04 11:44 a.m.
                                               Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsAben Zin 1/27/04 11:45 a.m.
                                               Re: Argh! + shotgun musingspaolo mk IV 1/27/04 11:48 p.m.
                                                     Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsAdam Ashwell 1/28/04 4:00 a.m.
                                                           Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsNeoptolemus 1/28/04 4:21 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsAdam Ashwell 1/28/04 4:44 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsthe Battle Cat 1/28/04 7:17 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsAdam Ashwell 1/28/04 7:34 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsLunair 1/28/04 7:27 p.m.
                                                     Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsthe Battle Cat 1/28/04 7:12 a.m.
                                                           Re: Argh! + shotgun musingspaolo mk IV 1/28/04 7:22 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsBob-B-Q 1/28/04 3:23 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsthe Battle Cat 1/29/04 7:26 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsthe Battle Cat 1/29/04 7:01 a.m.
                                                           Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsD-M.A. 1/29/04 1:00 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsthe Battle Cat 1/29/04 7:14 a.m.
                                                                       THIS IS THE BEST WEAPON EVER!!! ;-p *NM*ukimalefu 1/29/04 5:29 p.m.
                                                                             Re: THIS IS THE BEST WEAPON EVER!!! ;-pukimalefu 1/29/04 8:13 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: THIS IS THE BEST WEAPON EVER!!! ;-pthe Battle Cat 1/30/04 6:02 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: THIS IS THE BEST WEAPON EVER!!! ;-pBob-B-Q 1/31/04 5:57 a.m.
                                                                             red X *NM*Andrew Nagy 12/3/04 1:36 p.m.
                                   Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsElliott 1/31/04 8:22 a.m.
                                         Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsthe Battle Cat 2/1/04 7:39 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.