/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Argh!
Posted By: LunairDate: 1/29/04 6:18 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Argh! (Neoptolemus)

: No, don't jump to conclusions. Besides, everybody in the world is a shithead,
: our own president is a shithead, EVERYBODY is a shithead and always will
: be... and myself included.
Okay, okay. You unbolt the POST from the wall and hold it aloft. A great shaking begins. The IRONY collapses down upon you, crushing you in twain. Apparently, this was an ironic POST.

: Ok, whatever, NOW this is getting PERSONAL.
: No, that isn't true. The problem is you smoke too much crack. I'm just trying
: to get help for a counter-argument to people who hate ME for MY opinions.
: Then this kind of went into a weapon debate also, and now you're cutting
: it down to some kind of excuse to flame people. How charming. If you don't
: like the way this discussion is going, then just go away from here, nobody
: needs a sample of your fat ego's essence.
First, that ain't personal. Yossarian is pointing out what may be the issue here, that you're not agreeing to disagree. You're insisting that your view of the situation is the One True View, and when others (like me) point out that there are legitimate complaints against the pistol in terms of netgame usage (on the average netmap), you say that our complaints are incorrect. If I have in any way misinterpreted the situation, please point out the exact way in which I strayed from reality. Don't call me a crackhead and ignore my points -- this is what's known as an Ad Hominem attack, wherein the speaker is ridiculed instead of the arguments being refuted.

: And there could also be some people that agree with me: You're using people's
: opinions as an outlet for your immaturity and flaming, because apparently
: you have some sort of problem. It's all been experienced before, but that
: doesn't mean we need more.
Again, Yossarian isn't flaming you. You ain't seen nuthin' in the way of flames yet, I think, if Yossarian's post came off as a flame to you.
Also, don't try to use that pop-psych in real life. The way you've said it, it comes off as more of an ad hom than anything else: Yossarian is a crazy loon, therefore any opinions he holds are invalid!
And by the way, chalk me up as someone who agrees with the Y-Man, in that being called an idiot/moron/shithead by a teenager (or, for that matter, anyone else) on the Computer Screen Intarweb Thing isn't really a devastating event. It's much more, hugely more, dear gods it is unbelievably more effective to point out what is idiotic/moronic/shitheaded about someone's position than to simply attack their person.

: Do you really need to post stupid shit like this? C'mon, Yoss, I know you're
: not that kind of guy. Seriously!
"Still Life: Bowl of fruit... after I got hungry." He said it himself: it's probably fruitless... but sometimes you just have to fight the good fight.

: Heh. And after all of that, that's how you close it up. I like it, but
: unfortunately your outburst has kept me from marveling it.

: Happy happy, carnage carnage!
I'm gonna respond to this phrase in my next post. Stay tuned for Lunair and company in... The Magnificent Speed!

Lunair

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Argh!Neoptolemus 1/25/04 6:33 p.m.
     Re: Argh!Neoptolemus 1/25/04 6:38 p.m.
           Re: Argh!Yossarian 1/26/04 6:36 a.m.
                 Re: Argh!Neoptolemus 1/27/04 1:14 p.m.
                       Re: Argh!Johannes Gunnar 1/27/04 1:58 p.m.
                             Who do you play MP with? no message *NM*Andrew "Document" Nagy 1/27/04 2:52 p.m.
                                   People online. *NM*Johannes Gunnar 1/28/04 1:47 p.m.
                             Re: Argh!Neoptolemus 1/27/04 7:00 p.m.
                                   Re: Argh!Lunair 1/27/04 7:33 p.m.
                                         Re: Argh!Neoptolemus 1/28/04 4:16 a.m.
                                               Re: Argh!deathmonger 1/28/04 8:20 a.m.
                                                     Good answer! :-) *NM*Johannes Gunnar 1/28/04 9:18 a.m.
                                                           Thanks *NM*deathmonger 1/28/04 11:46 a.m.
                                                     Re: Argh!Neoptolemus 1/29/04 2:51 p.m.
                                                           Re: Argh!deathmonger 1/29/04 3:42 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Argh!Adam Ashwell 1/29/04 3:59 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Argh!deathmonger 1/29/04 6:34 p.m.
                                                           Re: Argh!Lunair 1/29/04 6:53 p.m.
                                               Re: Argh!Yossarian 1/28/04 9:19 a.m.
                                                     Re: Argh!Neoptolemus 1/29/04 2:40 p.m.
                                                           Re: Argh!Adam Ashwell 1/29/04 2:48 p.m.
                                                           Re: Argh!Yossarian 1/29/04 6:18 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Argh!Neoptolemus 1/29/04 6:56 p.m.
                                                           Re: Argh!Lunair 1/29/04 6:18 p.m.
                                               Re: Argh!ukimalefu 1/28/04 8:07 p.m.
                                               Re: Argh!D-M.A. 1/29/04 12:47 a.m.
                                                     Re: Argh!Neoptolemus 1/29/04 1:33 p.m.
                                                     Re: Argh!Lunair 1/29/04 5:24 p.m.
     Re: Argh!the Battle Cat 1/26/04 5:38 a.m.
           Re: Argh!deathmonger 1/26/04 6:17 a.m.
     Re: Argh!Boomer 1/26/04 9:50 a.m.
           Re: Argh!Bob-B-Q 1/26/04 2:09 p.m.
                 Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsYossarian 1/26/04 3:33 p.m.
                       Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsKommienzuspadt 1/26/04 3:44 p.m.
                             Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsthe Battle Cat 1/27/04 5:27 a.m.
                       Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsElliott 1/26/04 5:44 p.m.
                             Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsYossarian 1/27/04 5:12 a.m.
                             Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsthe Battle Cat 1/27/04 6:15 a.m.
                                   Re: Argh! + shotgun musingspaolo mk IV 1/27/04 8:29 a.m.
                                         Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsAdam Ashwell 1/27/04 9:56 a.m.
                                               Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsElliott 1/27/04 11:44 a.m.
                                               Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsAben Zin 1/27/04 11:45 a.m.
                                               Re: Argh! + shotgun musingspaolo mk IV 1/27/04 11:48 p.m.
                                                     Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsAdam Ashwell 1/28/04 4:00 a.m.
                                                           Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsNeoptolemus 1/28/04 4:21 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsAdam Ashwell 1/28/04 4:44 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsthe Battle Cat 1/28/04 7:17 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsAdam Ashwell 1/28/04 7:34 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsLunair 1/28/04 7:27 p.m.
                                                     Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsthe Battle Cat 1/28/04 7:12 a.m.
                                                           Re: Argh! + shotgun musingspaolo mk IV 1/28/04 7:22 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsBob-B-Q 1/28/04 3:23 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsthe Battle Cat 1/29/04 7:26 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsthe Battle Cat 1/29/04 7:01 a.m.
                                                           Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsD-M.A. 1/29/04 1:00 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsthe Battle Cat 1/29/04 7:14 a.m.
                                                                       THIS IS THE BEST WEAPON EVER!!! ;-p *NM*ukimalefu 1/29/04 5:29 p.m.
                                                                             Re: THIS IS THE BEST WEAPON EVER!!! ;-pukimalefu 1/29/04 8:13 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: THIS IS THE BEST WEAPON EVER!!! ;-pthe Battle Cat 1/30/04 6:02 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: THIS IS THE BEST WEAPON EVER!!! ;-pBob-B-Q 1/31/04 5:57 a.m.
                                                                             red X *NM*Andrew Nagy 12/3/04 1:36 p.m.
                                   Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsElliott 1/31/04 8:22 a.m.
                                         Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsthe Battle Cat 2/1/04 7:39 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.