/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Argh!
Posted By: NeoptolemusDate: 1/29/04 2:51 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Argh! (deathmonger)

: uhh... I don't know about you, but I would rather be able to take someone
: down with quickness and extreme violence than just sit there and plink at
: them with the magnum. Don't get me wrong, I really like the magnum, but if
: you use it in a net game, you're going to get your skinny little hinny
: smoked by a SPNKR. You say that people diss the magnum because it's not
: the most powerful weapon in the game, you say that people constantly
: choose the most powerful weapon, and this is somehow unfair. Erm, HELLO?
: Don't you remember the bit about wielding superior firepower, and
: slaughtering the defenseless? If you have the magnum, and I have the
: shotgun, I am the one wielding superior firepower, and I will slaughter
: you, o defenseless one.

THERE IS NO SUPERIOR FIREPOWER. People who wield magnums are not defenseless. So wise guy, go ahead, just take out your shotgun and FIRE AT ME FROM A DISTANCE. Oh, sure, the shotgun is a 'superior' weapon all right. Whatever you say. I could slaughter you with the magnum from a distance faster than you could say, "Happy happy carnage carnage!" I just can't believe that people think that the magnum is an inferior weapon.

You guys have just got to learn about different concepts, not just stopping power. Speed? Accuracy? Ammo capacity? Range? Any of those ring a bell? Erm, HELLO!

Go ahead, just take out your 'superior' shotgun and we'll dual each other from a distance. Wow, not a scratch on me! And I like those hole decorations on the wall from the pathetically inaccurate fire. Thanks, deathmonger!

: You constantly advocate the use of the magnum. Well, so do I, but I’m not
: sitting here calling people shitheads just because they don’t like it. If
: you like the magnum so much, why don’t we set up a ‘net game with Aleph
: One. You use the magnum, and I’ll use whatever I feel like. If you school
: me and waste my ass good, even though you were using only the magnum,
: fine, good for you, you taught me good, I’ll shut up. But until then, stop
: bitching.

I never called people shitheads, and when you criticize people for being mean, also realize how YOU are doing. Thank you. The magnum isn't good for ALL situations, but one thing's for sure, in sniping I will whoop your ass, and though the magnum isn't good up close, I still have a lot of experience with it. You keep whining about the magnum being 'inferior', which isn't even true, so I'll stop bitching when you do. Don't be a wise guy.

: “Move fast, Seize the Initiative, Wield Superior Firepower, Dive Into the
: Melee, Anticipate Enemy Movements, Slaughter the Defenseless, Endure.”

When they said wield superior firepower, they probably meant wielding better firepower than the Pfhors. Of course, I don't know about that, after all the cyborg is the one with the shields, but anyway...

The reason why you criticize the magnum is because you don't have strategy: you just run in like a crazy grunt without much consideration for your weakpoint, which is probably why you prefer weapons like a shotgun. I could be wrong, this is just a possibility, but seriously, get your facts right. If the magnum sucks, EVERY weapon sucks. That's what I say.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Argh!Neoptolemus 1/25/04 6:33 p.m.
     Re: Argh!Neoptolemus 1/25/04 6:38 p.m.
           Re: Argh!Yossarian 1/26/04 6:36 a.m.
                 Re: Argh!Neoptolemus 1/27/04 1:14 p.m.
                       Re: Argh!Johannes Gunnar 1/27/04 1:58 p.m.
                             Who do you play MP with? no message *NM*Andrew "Document" Nagy 1/27/04 2:52 p.m.
                                   People online. *NM*Johannes Gunnar 1/28/04 1:47 p.m.
                             Re: Argh!Neoptolemus 1/27/04 7:00 p.m.
                                   Re: Argh!Lunair 1/27/04 7:33 p.m.
                                         Re: Argh!Neoptolemus 1/28/04 4:16 a.m.
                                               Re: Argh!deathmonger 1/28/04 8:20 a.m.
                                                     Good answer! :-) *NM*Johannes Gunnar 1/28/04 9:18 a.m.
                                                           Thanks *NM*deathmonger 1/28/04 11:46 a.m.
                                                     Re: Argh!Neoptolemus 1/29/04 2:51 p.m.
                                                           Re: Argh!deathmonger 1/29/04 3:42 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Argh!Adam Ashwell 1/29/04 3:59 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Argh!deathmonger 1/29/04 6:34 p.m.
                                                           Re: Argh!Lunair 1/29/04 6:53 p.m.
                                               Re: Argh!Yossarian 1/28/04 9:19 a.m.
                                                     Re: Argh!Neoptolemus 1/29/04 2:40 p.m.
                                                           Re: Argh!Adam Ashwell 1/29/04 2:48 p.m.
                                                           Re: Argh!Yossarian 1/29/04 6:18 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Argh!Neoptolemus 1/29/04 6:56 p.m.
                                                           Re: Argh!Lunair 1/29/04 6:18 p.m.
                                               Re: Argh!ukimalefu 1/28/04 8:07 p.m.
                                               Re: Argh!D-M.A. 1/29/04 12:47 a.m.
                                                     Re: Argh!Neoptolemus 1/29/04 1:33 p.m.
                                                     Re: Argh!Lunair 1/29/04 5:24 p.m.
     Re: Argh!the Battle Cat 1/26/04 5:38 a.m.
           Re: Argh!deathmonger 1/26/04 6:17 a.m.
     Re: Argh!Boomer 1/26/04 9:50 a.m.
           Re: Argh!Bob-B-Q 1/26/04 2:09 p.m.
                 Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsYossarian 1/26/04 3:33 p.m.
                       Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsKommienzuspadt 1/26/04 3:44 p.m.
                             Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsthe Battle Cat 1/27/04 5:27 a.m.
                       Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsElliott 1/26/04 5:44 p.m.
                             Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsYossarian 1/27/04 5:12 a.m.
                             Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsthe Battle Cat 1/27/04 6:15 a.m.
                                   Re: Argh! + shotgun musingspaolo mk IV 1/27/04 8:29 a.m.
                                         Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsAdam Ashwell 1/27/04 9:56 a.m.
                                               Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsElliott 1/27/04 11:44 a.m.
                                               Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsAben Zin 1/27/04 11:45 a.m.
                                               Re: Argh! + shotgun musingspaolo mk IV 1/27/04 11:48 p.m.
                                                     Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsAdam Ashwell 1/28/04 4:00 a.m.
                                                           Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsNeoptolemus 1/28/04 4:21 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsAdam Ashwell 1/28/04 4:44 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsthe Battle Cat 1/28/04 7:17 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsAdam Ashwell 1/28/04 7:34 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsLunair 1/28/04 7:27 p.m.
                                                     Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsthe Battle Cat 1/28/04 7:12 a.m.
                                                           Re: Argh! + shotgun musingspaolo mk IV 1/28/04 7:22 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsBob-B-Q 1/28/04 3:23 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsthe Battle Cat 1/29/04 7:26 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsthe Battle Cat 1/29/04 7:01 a.m.
                                                           Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsD-M.A. 1/29/04 1:00 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsthe Battle Cat 1/29/04 7:14 a.m.
                                                                       THIS IS THE BEST WEAPON EVER!!! ;-p *NM*ukimalefu 1/29/04 5:29 p.m.
                                                                             Re: THIS IS THE BEST WEAPON EVER!!! ;-pukimalefu 1/29/04 8:13 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: THIS IS THE BEST WEAPON EVER!!! ;-pthe Battle Cat 1/30/04 6:02 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: THIS IS THE BEST WEAPON EVER!!! ;-pBob-B-Q 1/31/04 5:57 a.m.
                                                                             red X *NM*Andrew Nagy 12/3/04 1:36 p.m.
                                   Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsElliott 1/31/04 8:22 a.m.
                                         Re: Argh! + shotgun musingsthe Battle Cat 2/1/04 7:39 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.