glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: When she plays, she plays for keeps...
Posted By: Wado SGDate: 3/14/03 11:43 a.m.

In Response To: Re: When she plays, she plays for keeps... (Finn)

: This idea may have more merit than you realize. Arthurian flavor is a Bungie
: hallmark, and we'd be fools to pass over it.

: Where can we take this? In legend, the only once named sword (not to be
: confused with Excalibur, a different blade, from the Lady of the Lake) was
: drawn from the stone as a test of nobility and a sign of his worthiness to
: rule.

: What person, race, or group in the Halo universe could claim such a role?

: Finn

The MC claims the Index, he could now be deemed noble enough to rule (who knows how many have tried and couldn't do it). This makes the MC, the potential Arthur.

Well, 343 GS claimed the Index for a while, but he couldn't retrieve it or reunify it with the core. This could be more like he is Merlin (if good) or he could be like Mordred (if evil). Mordred would use deception and lies to trick Arthur, 343 GS kind of fits that bill. But what would 343 GS gain out of all this, Mordred would be king, 343 GS would still be a monitor, only everyone else would be dead. I suppose 343 GS could be secretly working for someone else. Hmmm... however, if 343 considered himself the ruler of the Flood, he would rule only so long as the Flood were under his control. If the Flood escaped Halo (like the Garden of Eden -- yes nothing to do with Arthurian legend) then they would not consider 343 GS useful to them any more. So long as there is no food in the galaxy and no way for the Flood to escape, 343 GS could be their provider and they would be his servants/children. Children of a lesser god or something like that.

However, back to the who would claim the Index/Cortana from the MC to become ruler or deemed worthy of that role. 343 GS did try. Maybe he is working for someone and his true purpose the whole time was to set off Halo, but he couldn't do it himself.

Otherwise, the Covenant sure have an interest in Cortana or the MC. Boarding the POA and perhaps later using Keyes as bait to capture the MC or Cortana. The Flood certainly appeared to lay a trap in the 343 GS level, waiting for the MC to get deep into the complex before attacking him.

I'm probably leaving out the Prophets, but I don't know enough about them plus they are part of the Covenant anyways.

Even Keyes is suspicious, suggesting things that "he overheard the Covenant guards saying" thus sort of nudging Cortana to find the Control Room and then later going off to "get that weapon's cache" which could have believed to be the Index, perhaps. I don't know what Keyes could have gained from this though, unless the Prophets have some kind of mind control or hypnosis and they put the whammy on Keyes.

Too many questions, I think there might be something to all of this, but I'm not able to take this theory to the next level without more information.

Message Index

Replies:

Cortana's holograph can move things?Mauriac 3/13/03 3:49 p.m.
     Re: Cortana's holograph can move things?Konrad9 3/13/03 3:53 p.m.
           Re: Cortana's holograph can move things?Finn 3/13/03 4:26 p.m.
                 Re: Cortana's holograph can move things?JAGUAR2G 3/13/03 4:56 p.m.
                       JAGUAR2G, I must agree.Ankalon 3/13/03 5:07 p.m.
                       Re: Cortana's holograph can move things?P_40E 3/13/03 5:36 p.m.
                 Re: Cortana's holograph can move things?Wado SG 3/13/03 5:07 p.m.
                       To Wado SGAnkalon 3/13/03 5:30 p.m.
                             Re: To Wado SGWado SG 3/13/03 5:39 p.m.
                       Re: When she plays, she plays for keeps...Finn 3/14/03 1:33 a.m.
                             Re: When she plays, she plays for keeps...Wado SG 3/14/03 2:37 a.m.
                                   Re: When she plays, she plays for keeps...Luca 3/14/03 3:22 a.m.
                                         Re: When she plays, she plays for keeps...Wado SG 3/14/03 3:37 a.m.
                                   No biscuit for Wado, yin and yangWado SG 3/14/03 3:35 a.m.
                                         Re: No biscuit for Wado, yin and yangCiarán 3/14/03 7:06 a.m.
                                               Re: No biscuit for Wado, yin and yangWado SG 3/14/03 11:17 a.m.
                                   Re: When she plays, she plays for keeps...Finn 3/14/03 10:34 a.m.
                                         Re: When she plays, she plays for keeps...Wado SG 3/14/03 11:43 a.m.
                                               Re: When she plays, she plays for keeps...Finn 3/14/03 12:20 p.m.
                                                     HSP THX LWU FINN *NM*Wado SG 3/14/03 1:49 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.