glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

This is my thoughts on the Infestation in Halo Wa.
Posted By: InnerRaygDate: 3/20/09 9:48 p.m.

In Response To: Terminals inconclusive?/Watchmen connection *sp* (SonofMacPhisto)

This is how I see the events of 100,000 years ago unfolding. I think the Halo pulse did in fact destroy a great deal of life in the universe. Not all life, but a good deal. I think it was enough to take out most of the Flood mass. But not all.

I think that some of the Flood must have been imprisoned on the Halo rings by the Forerunner, but I do not think the Flood on the Shield Worlds were ever meant to be there. I think they may have been attacking them.

After all, the entire purpose of a shield world is supposedly to shield whoever is inside from the affects of the Halo rings, no? Seems like a prime target for the Flood to attack, either to save themselves or to get at the Forerunner they assume are hidden inside. So they're around the planet when the pulse goes off. The majority of them are destroyed, the rest crashing into the planet. There may have been enough infection forms left to begin scavenging calcium and other organic matter, but it would be slow. Very slow. After all, there won't be much other life left on the planet after the pulse, would there?

Fast forward to our time, Regret discovers the Shield world through the information on Harvest. He visits, sending a team down....and loses them. Suddenly the Flood have a smorgasboard of new food. They begin building the proto-gravemind we see in the game. Then Spirit of Fire arrives sometime later after chasing the captured Anders. Now we have even more food, thus accelerating the growth of the Proto-Gravemind up until we kill it. Or perhaps subdue it is the better word, because it's fairly obvious the Flood begin making more inroads almost immediately, even penetrating down into the inner world.

Not so hard to swallow. Also argue with the idea that the Flood have no purpose in the story....obviously not, they're a gameplay device. But so were the original Flood. They didn't make sense in the original story either. Everyone who ever played the game has at one point or another said "why the hell would they keep the flood alive on the rings?". It sounds dumb because it is a dumb thing to do. It was just so you could have something else to fight.

Message Index

Replies:

Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*Avateur 3/20/09 4:17 a.m.
     Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*Louis Wu 3/20/09 7:05 a.m.
           Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*JeSteR 343 3/20/09 8:26 a.m.
           Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 3/20/09 10:45 a.m.
     Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*Bry 3/20/09 10:28 a.m.
           Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*elpolloguapo 3/20/09 1:29 p.m.
                 Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 3/20/09 1:43 p.m.
                       Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*xMixMasterx 3/20/09 2:02 p.m.
                             Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 3/20/09 3:43 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*XMixMasterX 3/20/09 5:35 p.m.
                                         Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 3/20/09 7:55 p.m.
                                               Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*InnerRayg 3/20/09 9:51 p.m.
     Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 3/20/09 10:57 a.m.
           Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*Bry 3/20/09 11:37 a.m.
                 Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 3/20/09 3:38 p.m.
                       Here's a couple things you haven't considered.InnerRayg 3/20/09 4:31 p.m.
                             Re: Here's a couple things you haven't considered.Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 3/20/09 4:57 p.m.
                             I think you're right, they don't work.SonofMacPhisto 3/20/09 5:27 p.m.
                                   Re: I think you're right, they don't work.Avateur 3/20/09 5:46 p.m.
                                         Re: I think you're right, they don't work.Bry 3/20/09 6:56 p.m.
                                               Terminals inconclusive?/Watchmen connection *sp*SonofMacPhisto 3/20/09 7:21 p.m.
                                                     This is my thoughts on the Infestation in Halo Wa.InnerRayg 3/20/09 9:48 p.m.
                                                           Re: This is my thoughts on the Infestation in HaloBry 3/20/09 9:55 p.m.
                                                                 Re: This is my thoughts on the Infestation in HaloInnerRayg 3/21/09 12:11 a.m.
                                                                       Re: This is my thoughts on the Infestation in HaloBry 3/21/09 6:35 a.m.
                                                                             Stupid new information, always changing things :PInnerRayg 3/21/09 4:56 p.m.
                             Re: Here's a couple things you haven't considered.Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 3/20/09 7:54 p.m.
                                   Re: Here's a couple things you haven't considered.InnerRayg 3/20/09 9:38 p.m.
                                         Re: Here's a couple things you haven't considered.Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 3/20/09 9:51 p.m.
                                               Re: Here's a couple things you haven't considered.Bry 3/20/09 9:59 p.m.
                                                     Re: Here's a couple things you haven't considered.Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 3/20/09 11:05 p.m.
                                                           Re: Here's a couple things you haven't considered.Bry 3/20/09 11:21 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.