Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*
Posted By: Louis Wu <halo@bungie.org>Date: 3/20/09 7:05 a.m.

In Response To: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP* (Avateur)

: Moving on, the Flood are a huge problem in the game, seemingly put there for
: no reason other than to make a "complete Halo game." Fine,
: whatever.

: But you expect me to believe that a planet with that much Flood covering the
: surface that has had the Flood on said surface for who knows how long
: (maybe when the Covenant showed up, maybe far longer) is only just now
: developing a proto-Gravemind the moment I show up in time to kill it?
: Also, where's the altering of the atmosphere? I saw how quick the Flood
: appeared to get a proto-Gravemind going in H1 with only a few resources,
: and I saw how quickly they began to alter High Charity in H2 (not to
: mention they already had a Gravemind).

There's a simpler problem:

What were they doing there? We know the array was fired in the past - so the combat forms were destroyed, right? So where did all these new ones come from? What were they eating?

(The combat forms that aren't abstract look awfully Elite-like... if Elites were killed here, how did a full-scale outbreak not occur?)

Another problem, not mentioned in your initial post: the Forerunner ships the Covenant found. Where did they come from? The Halo 3 terminals made it pretty clear that every last resource was used in that final battle... if there was a huge collection of ships in storage here... why weren't they used then?

The Halo Wars story stands reasonably well on its own... but fitting it into the existing Halo canon might be a little rough.

Message Index

Replies:

Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*Avateur 3/20/09 4:17 a.m.
     Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*Louis Wu 3/20/09 7:05 a.m.
           Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*JeSteR 343 3/20/09 8:26 a.m.
           Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 3/20/09 10:45 a.m.
     Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*Bry 3/20/09 10:28 a.m.
           Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*elpolloguapo 3/20/09 1:29 p.m.
                 Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 3/20/09 1:43 p.m.
                       Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*xMixMasterx 3/20/09 2:02 p.m.
                             Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 3/20/09 3:43 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*XMixMasterX 3/20/09 5:35 p.m.
                                         Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 3/20/09 7:55 p.m.
                                               Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*InnerRayg 3/20/09 9:51 p.m.
     Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 3/20/09 10:57 a.m.
           Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*Bry 3/20/09 11:37 a.m.
                 Re: Halo Wars canonical issues *SP*Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 3/20/09 3:38 p.m.
                       Here's a couple things you haven't considered.InnerRayg 3/20/09 4:31 p.m.
                             Re: Here's a couple things you haven't considered.Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 3/20/09 4:57 p.m.
                             I think you're right, they don't work.SonofMacPhisto 3/20/09 5:27 p.m.
                                   Re: I think you're right, they don't work.Avateur 3/20/09 5:46 p.m.
                                         Re: I think you're right, they don't work.Bry 3/20/09 6:56 p.m.
                                               Terminals inconclusive?/Watchmen connection *sp*SonofMacPhisto 3/20/09 7:21 p.m.
                                                     This is my thoughts on the Infestation in Halo Wa.InnerRayg 3/20/09 9:48 p.m.
                                                           Re: This is my thoughts on the Infestation in HaloBry 3/20/09 9:55 p.m.
                                                                 Re: This is my thoughts on the Infestation in HaloInnerRayg 3/21/09 12:11 a.m.
                                                                       Re: This is my thoughts on the Infestation in HaloBry 3/21/09 6:35 a.m.
                                                                             Stupid new information, always changing things :PInnerRayg 3/21/09 4:56 p.m.
                             Re: Here's a couple things you haven't considered.Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 3/20/09 7:54 p.m.
                                   Re: Here's a couple things you haven't considered.InnerRayg 3/20/09 9:38 p.m.
                                         Re: Here's a couple things you haven't considered.Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 3/20/09 9:51 p.m.
                                               Re: Here's a couple things you haven't considered.Bry 3/20/09 9:59 p.m.
                                                     Re: Here's a couple things you haven't considered.Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 3/20/09 11:05 p.m.
                                                           Re: Here's a couple things you haven't considered.Bry 3/20/09 11:21 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.