Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: my Halo mission design document
Posted By: HipboyScott <hipboyscott@earthlink.net>Date: 4/12/03 2:19 p.m.

In Response To: my Halo mission design document (R.G.)

Hey, that's a great idea. I'm thinking it would be really sweet though, to actually have a large, multi-directional elevator complex inside the cliff after Enctr. 5.

See, what's the purpouse of the island and the crevasse, that there would be a complex on it and that leads into the valley?

What if the river was impassible, with an artificial trench hundreds of feet deep that prevents you from swimming across, and then there were marines and ammo on the other end? you add some caves, that were cut into the west side of the valley by either a stream (have a little stream trickling down it to signify erosion) or was dug by forerunner or something. Anyway, this cave ascends upwards with lots of turns and stuff, until you come back out to a large natural bridge, that leads across the river to the other side, and you come into a large artificial area (SC architecture) meet a 'T' section, with a locked door to the left, and a un-locked door to the right.

the unlocked door leads you to a large room, many stories tall, with an elevator on the opposite end of a light bridge, which is de-activated, and the control panel on your side is broken. Luckily, you can hop down a series of little ledges and ramps that finally bring you to the bottom of the approx 200ft high shaft (sorta a scaled down SC security shaft type deal, but you are SUPPOSED to get to the bottom)

Anyway, you get to the bottom, and finally come out a large door that overlooks the valley in a the same style as the entrance to the Silent Cartographer complex in that level. (with the large 'docks' and a large slope outside) anyway, you can now eliminate the covenant and grab the equipment. Then you have a situation where the dropship approaches (thanks for the idea c0ld and others with the Pelican instead of the Banshee) . If you are skilled, you can eliminate the Wraith tank that sends plasma in after the Marines pile out and join the fray, thus being able to save the Pelican and ride it up top to the exit of the shafts. If the wraith tank blows it up, you are forced to take the shafts up to the top.

See, the shafts would be like the shafts from SC (they are both islands, so architecture should be pretty similar) see, you can take the elevator up and activate the light bridge from the elevator side and now that door at the 'T' juct. is open. then you can go forward and find a large room bathed in purplish light, and look up to find a giant shaft that is open to sinlight at the top. (cov. dropships and banshees momentarily fly about disrupting the light for cool effects if you bother to look) But anyway, you can look up and see those large protrusions and stuff. Well, you can take a ramp, or a small elevator, either way you reach a platform that leads into the walls of the platform, that lads to a small ramp like those seen in SC, then opens out into a large room loaded with some grunts and a bunch of purple box things. The room opens into the shaft, but there is one of those fork-type protrusions flush with the end of the room.

You pop out, and almost right as you get anbout ten meters from the opening, you trigger a covie dropship that lowers down from the top and unloads elites and hunters!! There's a small battle with 'em, then you can move forward to a ledge that leads around the shaft to a similar room opposite the crate-room. The layout is simmilar to the bottome half of the shaft, but once you get to the top there's a small room that leads to the surface.

So, thats what I would do. The enidng sequence and beginning sequence sounds cool, especially the forest battle (not dissimilar from the beginning of 343 GS)

BTW, could I 'borrow' the layout of the level design document? is it your design, or is it bungie copyright format?

Message Index

Replies:

my Halo mission design documentR.G. 4/10/03 5:26 a.m.
     use CMD/CTRL + L when viewing in Acrobat *NM*R.G. 4/10/03 5:28 a.m.
     Re: my Halo mission design documentRage Reset 4/10/03 5:49 a.m.
           Re: my Halo mission design documentR.G. 4/10/03 6:15 a.m.
                 Excellent workmad.max [subnova] 4/10/03 6:40 a.m.
                       Re: Excellent workR.G. 4/11/03 4:12 a.m.
                             Re: Excellent workmad.max [subnova] 4/11/03 7:14 a.m.
                 Re: my Halo mission design documentDan Chosich 4/10/03 8:45 a.m.
                       Re: my Halo mission design documentR.G. 4/11/03 1:26 a.m.
                             Re: my Halo mission design documentLouis Wu 4/11/03 8:31 a.m.
                 Re: my Halo mission design documentRage Reset 4/10/03 6:28 p.m.
     Re: my Halo mission design documentLouis Wu 4/10/03 5:51 a.m.
           Re: my Halo mission design documentR.G. 4/10/03 6:19 a.m.
     Re: my Halo mission design documentBOLL 4/10/03 7:16 a.m.
     Re: my Halo mission design documentBrian Josselyn 4/10/03 8:31 a.m.
           Re: my Halo mission design documentR.G. 4/10/03 10:23 p.m.
                 Re: my Halo mission design documentBrian Josselyn 4/14/03 1:41 a.m.
     Re: my Halo mission design documentElectric Monk 4/10/03 8:47 a.m.
           game industry musingsR.G. 4/11/03 2:18 a.m.
     Re: my Halo mission design documentSep7imus 4/10/03 8:58 a.m.
           Re: my Halo mission design documentg-money 4/10/03 12:11 p.m.
           improving Mission designR.G. 4/11/03 4:01 a.m.
     Re: Great design.... butc0ld vengeance 4/10/03 11:10 a.m.
           Re: Great design.... butRoss Mills 4/10/03 11:52 a.m.
           Re: Great design.... butScalrag 4/10/03 12:01 p.m.
                 Pelicans for BansheesR.G. 4/10/03 1:23 p.m.
                       Re: Pelicans for Bansheesc0ld vengeance 4/10/03 6:22 p.m.
                             you may have something there... *NM*R.G. 4/11/03 1:33 a.m.
     Re: my Halo mission design documentErtai23 4/10/03 12:34 p.m.
     Re: my Halo mission design documentdolbex 4/10/03 4:12 p.m.
           Re: my Halo mission design documentdave17lax 4/10/03 8:30 p.m.
                 Re: my Halo mission design documentR.G. 4/11/03 1:38 a.m.
           Re: my Halo mission design documentbarkbat 4/10/03 9:51 p.m.
                 she's sinking cap'n!R.G. 4/11/03 1:57 a.m.
     Nice job!!!!!! Very nice! *NM*Aginor 4/10/03 11:49 p.m.
     Thanks everybodyR.G. 4/11/03 4:15 a.m.
     Re: my Halo mission design documentHipboyScott 4/12/03 2:19 p.m.
           Re: my Halo mission design documentR.G. 4/13/03 10:29 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.