Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: In all Fairness...
Posted By: PCDestroyerDate: 8/15/02 10:41 a.m.

In Response To: Re: In all Fairness... (vector40)

Look... the simple fact remains.. Bungie pointed out the loophole.
I doubt anyone would have used it on such a grand scale had they not brought it up... and those that would have done it would have communicated and gotten the boot.
Bungie went as far as to say not only what to do, but how to go about it so as not to get "caught." i.e. Don't verbally communicate...

It is a loophole, and it isn't cheating for that reason.
The team that pays off the QB or breaks the legs of the other team in the locker room... is cheating. It's not really an unfair advantage... its just playing dirty. Now, playing dirty can lead to an unfair advantage... but that doesn't mean the advantage is always cheating... In this case it does give an unfair advantage... and IS NOT cheating... as laid down in the rules.

You guys have a problem with the rules... fine, state that and move on. Complaining about it doesn't solve anything unless you get it changed for the next event. As of right now though, it is legal to do so in games and it was only really useful at each local center... now it's everyone for themselves.

I teamed up with a buddy on two separate occasions... and I didn't make the Regionals... but he did. Tough luck for me, and the "unfair advantage" I had obviously wasn't enough to prevent those that were on their own from advancing ahead of me.

The bottom line is that an unfair advantage does not always mean cheating... and cheating is only cheating if it's in the rules and forbidden. Loopholes, while a pain in the ass... do not fall under the "cheating" category unless the person running the event makes a judgement call.

At the Orlando iGames center... some people were dropped and disqualified because of teaming up... even though (as written in the rules) the organizer had no right to do so... but he made a judgement call and that's just the way it is.

So, don't those people have a better argument? Since they were actually "cheated" by the organizer since what they did was not "illegal" based on the rules as written?

Sure, morally wrong... but not cheating.

This is a friggin dead horse... it's over... done with... finalmente!

PCD

Message Index

Replies:

1st Round write upTeam Overkill 8/13/02 11:31 p.m.
     Re: 1st Round write upXcruiser 8/14/02 12:00 a.m.
           Re: 1st Round write upElan Sleazbagano 8/14/02 12:38 a.m.
                 Re: 1st Round write upXcruiser 8/14/02 8:40 a.m.
     ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Miguel Chavez 8/14/02 1:22 a.m.
           Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Xcruiser 8/14/02 8:48 a.m.
                 Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Warbow 8/14/02 9:30 a.m.
                       Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Xcruiser 8/14/02 9:59 a.m.
                             Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Warbow 8/14/02 10:11 a.m.
                                   chilloddworld18 8/14/02 10:48 a.m.
                                   Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Xcruiser 8/14/02 3:10 p.m.
           In all Fairness...PCDestroyer 8/14/02 10:00 a.m.
                 Re: In all Fairness...El Bastard™ 8/14/02 3:34 p.m.
                 Re: In all Fairness...Elan Sleazbagano 8/14/02 6:59 p.m.
                       Re: In all Fairness...PCDestroyer 8/14/02 8:53 p.m.
                             Re: In all Fairness...vector40 8/14/02 9:05 p.m.
                                   Re: In all Fairness...Elan Sleazbagano 8/14/02 9:14 p.m.
                                         Re: In all Fairness...Warbow 8/14/02 9:29 p.m.
                                               Re: In all Fairness...Elan Sleazbagano 8/14/02 9:42 p.m.
                                         Re: In all Fairness...Louis Wu 8/14/02 9:48 p.m.
                                               Re: In all Fairness...Warbow 8/14/02 9:54 p.m.
                                   Re: In all Fairness...PCDestroyer 8/15/02 10:41 a.m.
           Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Risq 8/14/02 12:21 p.m.
           Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Elan Sleazbagano 8/14/02 7:04 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.