Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!
Posted By: Miguel Chavez <bs@bungie.org>Date: 8/14/02 1:22 a.m.

In Response To: 1st Round write up (Team Overkill)

: For anyone who is interested, below is the link to our description and
: opinions about the first round of the Halo National Tournament. Its got
: some pics too. Opinions always welcome.

: Write up: http://xsnakex82halo.tripod.com/Halo/id15.html

: Main site: http://www.OvKClan.cjb.net

I discovered that the there is a forum at iGames. Check it out here:

http://communities.igames.org/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=79

If you wish to lodge a complaint, I'd suggest registering on the forum and then POLITELY stating your case. Someone is already raising a stink about the stuff he saw at his particular gaming center, and some of the officials are already feeling that they're not being given any slack.

Personally, I think there's room for both sides to explain themselves, but I also completely believe that some folks running the competitions may have let things slide for the convenience factor at the very least, and conversely that some folks may have purposely taken advantage of the officials' not always looking at them and 'cheating'. Is it also possible that some people are just whining? Sure, but you have to look at the whole picture to get a fair assessment of that.

I think if this was a 'run of the mill' tournament, you know... some local thing with no real prizes, I'd be more willing to just forget the whole thing and just not bother coming back... but it's a highly visible tournament with BIG prizes, and when the stakes are raised that high, I'd like to think that folks can be held accountable for lapses in judgement or outright deception.

That picture you have on the page of the controllers they had... that's a complete violation of the rules... the controllers are supposed to be MS brand 'official' controllers. The only variable allowed is whether it's the regular controller or the smaller S controller.

Anyway, this tournament is MUCH different than the tournament Bungie ran themselves over at E3. Granted the rules and number of entrants was very very different, but I'd like to think that the next time such a tournament is held nation (world?) wide, that we hope it's closer to that caliber of experience.

Bungie Sackings - Nutz!

Message Index

Replies:

1st Round write upTeam Overkill 8/13/02 11:31 p.m.
     Re: 1st Round write upXcruiser 8/14/02 12:00 a.m.
           Re: 1st Round write upElan Sleazbagano 8/14/02 12:38 a.m.
                 Re: 1st Round write upXcruiser 8/14/02 8:40 a.m.
     ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Miguel Chavez 8/14/02 1:22 a.m.
           Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Xcruiser 8/14/02 8:48 a.m.
                 Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Warbow 8/14/02 9:30 a.m.
                       Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Xcruiser 8/14/02 9:59 a.m.
                             Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Warbow 8/14/02 10:11 a.m.
                                   chilloddworld18 8/14/02 10:48 a.m.
                                   Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Xcruiser 8/14/02 3:10 p.m.
           In all Fairness...PCDestroyer 8/14/02 10:00 a.m.
                 Re: In all Fairness...El Bastard™ 8/14/02 3:34 p.m.
                 Re: In all Fairness...Elan Sleazbagano 8/14/02 6:59 p.m.
                       Re: In all Fairness...PCDestroyer 8/14/02 8:53 p.m.
                             Re: In all Fairness...vector40 8/14/02 9:05 p.m.
                                   Re: In all Fairness...Elan Sleazbagano 8/14/02 9:14 p.m.
                                         Re: In all Fairness...Warbow 8/14/02 9:29 p.m.
                                               Re: In all Fairness...Elan Sleazbagano 8/14/02 9:42 p.m.
                                         Re: In all Fairness...Louis Wu 8/14/02 9:48 p.m.
                                               Re: In all Fairness...Warbow 8/14/02 9:54 p.m.
                                   Re: In all Fairness...PCDestroyer 8/15/02 10:41 a.m.
           Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Risq 8/14/02 12:21 p.m.
           Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Elan Sleazbagano 8/14/02 7:04 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.