Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

In all Fairness...
Posted By: PCDestroyerDate: 8/14/02 10:00 a.m.

In Response To: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS! (Miguel Chavez)

Bungie put up a strategy guide that encouraged teaming up... just as long as it was within the rules... which means no communication.

I'm sorry, but my friend and I stood on the hill together back to back and laid the bodies of our enemies at the base of the hill... and it worked.
However, it is VERY hard to do, and I would rather applaud anyone who did it correctly than fault them...
El Bastard and one of my buddies tried it, and it didn't work. Fullmoon made it in, El B did not... why? Because teaming up is HARD AS HELL to do on BG KOTH... remember those other people are out to get yer ass and make it hard to meet anyone anywhere. Not to mention you don't see a green dot on yer radar for yer buddy... nope, it's red. When you are in the hill and can't see who's coming but it's a red dot... sure, you fire a rocket... can you apologize to your teammate? nope, no communication... can he let you know he's coming next time? nope, NO COMMUNICATION....

My friend and I pulled it off... but BARELY. My friend had 1st place with over a minute and 45 sec. more time than I had... and I was mere seconds ahead of third... so, tell me if it worked out that great... not really. I managed to get most of my time by myself and my teammate REALLY got his by himself.

We killed each other repeatedly because we just didn't know who it was.

Like I said.. if anyone pulled this off... they are masterful and communication without communication, or they have ESP...

Bungie encouraged it, many practiced it in very obvious ways... and if someone didn't do it and got beat... then it sucks to be them.

Oh, and it is NOT cheating. The rules say you can't communicate, it says nothing of alliances before the game starts.

Also, nowhere in the game settings for BG KOTH does it say you have to kill your opponents... so if I don't wanna shoot someone, I don't have to. I think it would be more "cheating" (remember, it isn't based on the rules) in slayer or sniper, since you HAVE to kill to win and someone could just kill themselves with their teammate to drive up the score... instead of hunting as a pack.

I can't believe someone would complain about this... if it were in the rules, I would understand... but it isn't, and there is nothing stopping anyone from doing it.

PCD

Message Index

Replies:

1st Round write upTeam Overkill 8/13/02 11:31 p.m.
     Re: 1st Round write upXcruiser 8/14/02 12:00 a.m.
           Re: 1st Round write upElan Sleazbagano 8/14/02 12:38 a.m.
                 Re: 1st Round write upXcruiser 8/14/02 8:40 a.m.
     ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Miguel Chavez 8/14/02 1:22 a.m.
           Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Xcruiser 8/14/02 8:48 a.m.
                 Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Warbow 8/14/02 9:30 a.m.
                       Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Xcruiser 8/14/02 9:59 a.m.
                             Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Warbow 8/14/02 10:11 a.m.
                                   chilloddworld18 8/14/02 10:48 a.m.
                                   Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Xcruiser 8/14/02 3:10 p.m.
           In all Fairness...PCDestroyer 8/14/02 10:00 a.m.
                 Re: In all Fairness...El Bastard™ 8/14/02 3:34 p.m.
                 Re: In all Fairness...Elan Sleazbagano 8/14/02 6:59 p.m.
                       Re: In all Fairness...PCDestroyer 8/14/02 8:53 p.m.
                             Re: In all Fairness...vector40 8/14/02 9:05 p.m.
                                   Re: In all Fairness...Elan Sleazbagano 8/14/02 9:14 p.m.
                                         Re: In all Fairness...Warbow 8/14/02 9:29 p.m.
                                               Re: In all Fairness...Elan Sleazbagano 8/14/02 9:42 p.m.
                                         Re: In all Fairness...Louis Wu 8/14/02 9:48 p.m.
                                               Re: In all Fairness...Warbow 8/14/02 9:54 p.m.
                                   Re: In all Fairness...PCDestroyer 8/15/02 10:41 a.m.
           Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Risq 8/14/02 12:21 p.m.
           Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Elan Sleazbagano 8/14/02 7:04 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.