Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: In all Fairness...
Posted By: PCDestroyerDate: 8/14/02 8:53 p.m.

In Response To: Re: In all Fairness... (Elan Sleazbagano)

Okay, our center randomly had people draw a playing card with 1-8... and that was your seat assignment, and often we were NOT on the same screen... and it was harder that way.

Also, you call it cheating even though the rules don't cover it... nope, that's called a LOOPHOLE if it's called anything... and is perfectly legal, no matter how unfair it is...

Now, as far as all "unfair advantages" being classified as "cheating".... Um, NO, WRONG...
If I play football with my 10 buddies against the Tampa Bay Bucs... we are going to get the shite beat out of us... even following the rules completely. But they have the "unfair" advantage of being a solid team, and being physically trained for this kinda stuff... not the perfect analogy... but good enough to illustrate that life is unfair.
All things being equal, we should win the football game if we follow the rules... but if there is a loophole in the rules that allows us to do something legally in the game... then we can do it all we please until the rules are changed.

The rules were kinda left open for the tourney organizers, and they could make judgement calls on cheating... if it came down to it though... if the other team didn't communicate, then there is no violation.

If they communicated at your location, then I feel for you... I do. However, you can't blame the team, blame the organizer for not doing his job and keeping tabs on the games.

Everyone that was in a game and knew someone else in it with them in the early rounds at our location... teamed up and did so to the best of their ability without communication of any kind.

You know that people are going to do it, Bungie said to, people read it... they take it as "the word"... If you don't do it, then that's just stupidity.
Those with high morals may win sometimes... but not when everyone else in the game takes the low road to victory.

I don't mean to flame you or say you are completely wrong, but you are complaining about something that you have no control over and that is not illegal based on the rules as written. And if they did break the rules blatently by verbally communicating... then like I said before, they didn't get caught, and if the ref doesn't blow the whistle, you can complain and get a technical... or you can play yer game and overcome.

PCD

Message Index

Replies:

1st Round write upTeam Overkill 8/13/02 11:31 p.m.
     Re: 1st Round write upXcruiser 8/14/02 12:00 a.m.
           Re: 1st Round write upElan Sleazbagano 8/14/02 12:38 a.m.
                 Re: 1st Round write upXcruiser 8/14/02 8:40 a.m.
     ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Miguel Chavez 8/14/02 1:22 a.m.
           Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Xcruiser 8/14/02 8:48 a.m.
                 Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Warbow 8/14/02 9:30 a.m.
                       Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Xcruiser 8/14/02 9:59 a.m.
                             Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Warbow 8/14/02 10:11 a.m.
                                   chilloddworld18 8/14/02 10:48 a.m.
                                   Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Xcruiser 8/14/02 3:10 p.m.
           In all Fairness...PCDestroyer 8/14/02 10:00 a.m.
                 Re: In all Fairness...El Bastard™ 8/14/02 3:34 p.m.
                 Re: In all Fairness...Elan Sleazbagano 8/14/02 6:59 p.m.
                       Re: In all Fairness...PCDestroyer 8/14/02 8:53 p.m.
                             Re: In all Fairness...vector40 8/14/02 9:05 p.m.
                                   Re: In all Fairness...Elan Sleazbagano 8/14/02 9:14 p.m.
                                         Re: In all Fairness...Warbow 8/14/02 9:29 p.m.
                                               Re: In all Fairness...Elan Sleazbagano 8/14/02 9:42 p.m.
                                         Re: In all Fairness...Louis Wu 8/14/02 9:48 p.m.
                                               Re: In all Fairness...Warbow 8/14/02 9:54 p.m.
                                   Re: In all Fairness...PCDestroyer 8/15/02 10:41 a.m.
           Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Risq 8/14/02 12:21 p.m.
           Re: ANYONE WHO FELT CHEATED! READ THIS!Elan Sleazbagano 8/14/02 7:04 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.