Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Mostly agree
Posted By: Gravemind <kuukan_no_kage@yahoo.com>Date: 3/26/12 4:56 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Mostly agree (davidfuchs)

: I can't really say I noticed that Brutes being that dumb, but I think that's
: because it was balanced by better environments than Halo 2 and more Brutes
: put together in more interesting encounters.

Did you by any chance watch the Youtube video linked in the OP under the mention of Brute AI? It shows the regular Brutes having nearly nonexistent evasive abilities and poor use of cover, and the hammer-wielding Chieftain being thwarted merely by me standing on a flatbed trailer. By comparison, in Halo 2 they had decent evasive abilities and weren't shy about using cover. They were behaviorally similar to Elites, except they were slower and they went berserk when their pack mates were killed. Halo 3's enemies, especially the Brutes, were not good fighters tactically speaking compared to the enemies from the other games. The only thing they had going for them was their massive damage output and their massive numerical superiority. When you have a dozen Brutes each having 50% greater damage output than the player, it doesn't matter if their AI isn't all that great. They just overwhelm you. Fortunately, it's because they were stupid and relatively fragile that helped make them more manageable than they otherwise wouldn't have been. I got helped out on several occasions when one Brute destroys the armor of his whole pack with a "well-placed" power drainer.

The Dark Sangheili

Message Index

Replies:

"Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*Gravemind 3/25/12 7:10 p.m.
     Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*Jaydee 3/25/12 7:31 p.m.
           Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*uberfoop 3/26/12 2:06 a.m.
                 Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*Jaydee 3/26/12 3:45 a.m.
                       H3 Observations in HeroicJaydee 3/26/12 1:29 p.m.
     Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*nillapuddin 3/25/12 8:09 p.m.
           Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*scarab 3/26/12 7:13 p.m.
     Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*Metalingus627 3/25/12 9:48 p.m.
           Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*stabbim 3/27/12 11:48 a.m.
     Mostly agreedavidfuchs 3/25/12 10:10 p.m.
           Re: Mostly agreeGravemind 3/25/12 11:04 p.m.
                 Re: Mostly agreedavidfuchs 3/26/12 7:50 a.m.
                       Re: Mostly agreeGravemind 3/26/12 4:56 p.m.
                             Re: Mostly agreeMetalingus627 3/26/12 5:40 p.m.
     Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*Someone 3/26/12 10:39 a.m.
     Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*Dervish 3/26/12 1:26 p.m.
           Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*uberfoop 3/26/12 2:21 p.m.
                 Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*Louis Wu 3/26/12 4:20 p.m.
                       Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*uberfoop 3/26/12 4:36 p.m.
                             Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*Gravemind 3/26/12 4:45 p.m.
                 Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*Dervish 3/26/12 8:30 p.m.
     Stage-by-stage breakdown.Gravemind 3/26/12 6:30 p.m.
           Halo 3 partial re-play.Gravemind 3/27/12 8:09 p.m.
     Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*stabbim 3/27/12 11:35 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.