Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

H3 Observations in Heroic
Posted By: Jaydee <ultralisk_736@hotmail.com>Date: 3/26/12 1:29 p.m.

In Response To: Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish* (Jaydee)

: There was a time I was obsessed enough to actually try completing the
: original trilogy games in legendary. I got used to the kinks of the AIs
: (especially those freaking jackals!), their damage output, their
: movements, and the like. Eventually, I decided to go on Heroic, save for
: specific circumstances ("Pillar of Autumn" of CE to hear
: Johnson's speech in legendary, H3's "Halo" for Mendicant Bias'
: blessings and the ending, and all of ODST for the "pathetic
: human" factor).

: I'm going to try playing H3 on heroic and get a feel back. I've been
: replaying the trilogy in Heroic, and so far Gravemind's results are
: similar to mine (adapted to difficulty, of course).

Alright -- Started playing H3 in Heroic, here are my observations: I noticed that while the damage the enemies give out can be pretty big, the damage output the player gives to the enemies, likewise, is big enough to mow down Brutes with even an Assault Rifle if you're good at strafing. A big factor I noticed is the weapon balance:

H2's biggest flaw is the fact punches don't hold out as much.... punch as they do in CE and in H3 (Many times they don't even stun the enemy), and dual-wielding is almost prioritary; As for H3, so long as you move a lot and are accurate whenever you attack, you can take them out quickly, I got more of a Halo: CE vibe when I played it. At least in Heroic, I felt a far better balance with the gun/melee/grenades philosophy.

To some players might have been too easy, though. In the Barracks section of the level "Crow's Nest", you can mow down the Brutes in the first path VERY quickly with shotgun and fists if you're swift enough.

I think I do see where Gravemind is coming from with Legendary, though. With the increased difficulty, the enemies in the hardest mode must resist a lot of hits in comparison to the player character.

A Fool's Rants

Message Index

Replies:

"Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*Gravemind 3/25/12 7:10 p.m.
     Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*Jaydee 3/25/12 7:31 p.m.
           Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*uberfoop 3/26/12 2:06 a.m.
                 Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*Jaydee 3/26/12 3:45 a.m.
                       H3 Observations in HeroicJaydee 3/26/12 1:29 p.m.
     Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*nillapuddin 3/25/12 8:09 p.m.
           Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*scarab 3/26/12 7:13 p.m.
     Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*Metalingus627 3/25/12 9:48 p.m.
           Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*stabbim 3/27/12 11:48 a.m.
     Mostly agreedavidfuchs 3/25/12 10:10 p.m.
           Re: Mostly agreeGravemind 3/25/12 11:04 p.m.
                 Re: Mostly agreedavidfuchs 3/26/12 7:50 a.m.
                       Re: Mostly agreeGravemind 3/26/12 4:56 p.m.
                             Re: Mostly agreeMetalingus627 3/26/12 5:40 p.m.
     Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*Someone 3/26/12 10:39 a.m.
     Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*Dervish 3/26/12 1:26 p.m.
           Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*uberfoop 3/26/12 2:21 p.m.
                 Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*Louis Wu 3/26/12 4:20 p.m.
                       Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*uberfoop 3/26/12 4:36 p.m.
                             Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*Gravemind 3/26/12 4:45 p.m.
                 Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*Dervish 3/26/12 8:30 p.m.
     Stage-by-stage breakdown.Gravemind 3/26/12 6:30 p.m.
           Halo 3 partial re-play.Gravemind 3/27/12 8:09 p.m.
     Re: "Difficulty Balance in Halo" Redux. *long-ish*stabbim 3/27/12 11:35 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.