Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: And therein lies your problem.
Posted By: Bry <bmulheran@gmail.com>Date: 9/26/11 1:45 p.m.

In Response To: Re: And therein lies your problem. (GrimBrother One)

: For me, it's never why I would get Forza in
: the first place, such no matter how they do it, it's just an added bonus.

Well it hardly was here either, I pre-ordered long before its inclusion was mentioned, and I'm certainly not cancelling. =p

What bothers me is just that I firmly believe the time spent on the Autovista Warthog could have been better spent doing other things.
Yes, its a nice bonus, but it will have come at a price.
In fictional terms, its not really anything that couldn't have been distributed through other means.
Let's be honest, the Weta Warthog doesn't look wrong, other than the sense of scale.

: But having them do the Weta Hog would just feel forced and a bit
: "cheap" in my opinion.

Depends. In the game, it talks about the Warthog from a purely fictional point of view, which is nice.

If the Weta one would have been included, that could instead be focused on how they actually went about recreating the Warthog and I would have been just as fascinated at the 'behind the scenes' insight from a kit-car perspective.
I always find the list of compromises in any design to be interesting, since that's what any piece of engineering really is at the end of the day.
I wouldn't see it as being 'cheap' at all, just an alternative that wouldn't be out of place amongst the rest of the Forza lineup.

The main thing that's frustrated me though is them out and out saying they don't do fiction, and that it was one of the reasons why it isn't drivable.
A contradiction like that, well...

HOTAS with Assault Horizon Demo v2.0

Message Index

Replies:

X360A-why you can't drive the hog in forza 4.ElzarTheBam 9/25/11 8:14 p.m.
     Re: X360A-why you can't drive the hog in forza 4.ZackDark 9/25/11 9:51 p.m.
     Re: X360A-why you can't drive the hog in forza 4.Bry 9/25/11 10:27 p.m.
           Re: X360A-why you can't drive the hog in forza 4.FyreWulff 9/25/11 10:35 p.m.
     This is idiotic.Joony Joon 9/26/11 12:06 p.m.
           Re: This is idiotic.davidfuchs 9/26/11 12:19 p.m.
           And therein lies your problem.TCKaos 9/26/11 12:24 p.m.
                 Re: And therein lies your problem.GrimBrother One 9/26/11 12:35 p.m.
                 Re: And therein lies your problem.Bry 9/26/11 12:35 p.m.
                       Re: And therein lies your problem.GrimBrother One 9/26/11 12:38 p.m.
                             Re: And therein lies your problem.Bry 9/26/11 1:45 p.m.
                       Re: And therein lies your problem.Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 9/26/11 1:01 p.m.
                             Re: And therein lies your problem.Bry 9/26/11 1:33 p.m.
                 Dead or Alive 4Joony Joon 9/26/11 1:20 p.m.
                       Re: Dead or Alive 4SonofMacPhisto 9/26/11 1:42 p.m.
           Re: This is idiotic.JonnyOThan 9/26/11 12:46 p.m.
                 Re: This is idiotic.Bry 9/26/11 1:54 p.m.
                       Re: This is idiotic.GrimBrother One 9/26/11 2:47 p.m.
                             Re: This is idiotic.Beckx 9/26/11 2:53 p.m.
                             Re: This is idiotic.Bry 9/26/11 3:03 p.m.
                                   Re: This is idiotic.bluerunner 9/26/11 3:28 p.m.
                                   Re: This is idiotic.General Vagueness 9/26/11 3:28 p.m.
                                   Re: This is idiotic.oddworld 9/26/11 4:31 p.m.
                                         Re: This is idiotic.Bry 9/26/11 5:31 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.