Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: 6 most Ominous trends in video games
Posted By: DEEP NNN <deep_nnn@hotmail.com>Date: 6/13/11 12:44 p.m.

In Response To: 6 most Ominous trends in video games (Sl'askia)

: Halo is mentioned in #3.

: http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-6-most-ominous-trends-in-video-games/

I can understand the one dollar phone games are on average taking people's time away from the bigger more heavily developed games. What I don't understand is why it's perceived to be a future problem.

Many of us playing the big games like COD and Halo started out with those mind numbingly simple little games 30 years ago. We grew away from that and clamoured for bigger and better games that were indeed more "real". Growth in technology continually allowed our desires to be temporarily sated and the cycle continued over and over until here we are today. Now that some games have moved to portable devices I believe it will just be another cycle going from simple to complex and from small tech to large tech.

The article mentions a monthly fee for FPS multiplayer. I say don't worry. Having hundreds of thousands of people like me sitting in Halo lobbies for 3 years at a time and not spending money on other products is a lousy fiscal model. I predicted this to be a problem about four or five years ago now. I don't think I can find a link to that prediction now so you'll have to take my word for it. The game developers or whatever you want to call them must find ways to make money off of those who are like me. REACH statues ring a bell? Perhaps a more frequent release of the product I am most loyal too. Isn't that interesting in that Microsoft now realizes they can't wait three years between releases. How much do you want to bet that Halo 4, 5 and 6 are separated by less that two years per release. Perhaps it is part of the plan to release them all with the one new engine at one year intervals. Maybe get them all out before the new console?

The industry will figure out the best way to get my money while trying to avoid losing me. I am okay with that.

Message Index

Replies:

6 most Ominous trends in video gamesSl'askia 6/13/11 11:55 a.m.
     Re: 6 most Ominous trends in video gamesCody Miller 6/13/11 12:20 p.m.
           Re: 6 most Ominous trends in video gamesMoorpheusl9 6/13/11 12:46 p.m.
                 Re: 6 most Ominous trends in video gamesSonofMacPhisto 6/13/11 2:36 p.m.
                       Re: 6 most Ominous trends in video gamesMoorpheusl9 6/13/11 2:48 p.m.
                             Re: 6 most Ominous trends in video gamesBeckx 6/13/11 3:19 p.m.
                                   Re: 6 most Ominous trends in video gamesMoorpheusl9 6/13/11 3:34 p.m.
                                         Re: 6 most Ominous trends in video gamesgrimlock 6/13/11 4:24 p.m.
                                               Re: 6 most Ominous trends in video gamesMoorpheusl9 6/13/11 4:43 p.m.
                                                     Re: 6 most Ominous trends in video gamesSonofMacPhisto 6/13/11 4:52 p.m.
                                                           Re: 6 most Ominous trends in video gamesBeckx 6/13/11 4:57 p.m.
                                                                 Re: 6 most Ominous trends in video gamesSonofMacPhisto 6/13/11 5:04 p.m.
                             Re: 6 most Ominous trends in video gamesSonofMacPhisto 6/13/11 3:20 p.m.
                                   Today, in Cerberus Daily NewsBeckx 6/13/11 3:22 p.m.
                                         Re: Today, in Cerberus Daily NewsSonofMacPhisto 6/13/11 3:35 p.m.
                 Re: 6 most Ominous trends in video gamesQuirel 6/13/11 4:45 p.m.
                       Re: 6 most Ominous trends in video gamesBeckx 6/13/11 4:48 p.m.
                             Argh. CorrectionBeckx 6/13/11 4:49 p.m.
                       Re: 6 most Ominous trends in video gamesArchilen 6/13/11 4:52 p.m.
                       Re: 6 most Ominous trends in video gamesSonofMacPhisto 6/13/11 5:06 p.m.
                             Re: 6 most Ominous trends in video gamesMoorpheusl9 6/13/11 5:47 p.m.
     Re: 6 most Ominous trends in video gamesCaptainTony 6/13/11 12:21 p.m.
     Re: 6 most Ominous trends in video gamesDEEP NNN 6/13/11 12:44 p.m.
     Re: 6 most Ominous trends in video gamespadraig08 6/13/11 1:40 p.m.
     1 Ominous trend in internet journalism: lists. *NM*Leviathan 6/13/11 1:56 p.m.
           Re: 1 Ominous trend in internet journalism: lists.Beckx 6/13/11 2:51 p.m.
                 Re: 1 Ominous trend in internet journalism: lists.SonofMacPhisto 6/13/11 3:36 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.