Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: And why I'm afraid as well
Posted By: LuronoDate: 6/6/11 10:50 p.m.

In Response To: Re: And why I'm afraid as well (Quirel)

: Yeah, I realize that. But I still feel that Luke, as a character, is somewhat
: overused.
: Here's the interesting point, though. He's traveled every which way across
: the galaxy. Probably spends a month of the year in hyperspace. And during
: that time, he's often in a Jedi Hibernation Trance.
: How much longer than the average person do you think he'll live?

Oh yeah, Luke is definitely overused. A lot of that is practical, OT characters sell well.

The hibernation trance prolonging a Jedi's life is an interesting idea. I honestly had never really thought about that =P I think that combined with the Force could be a good explanation of a Jedi's lifespan. In the latest series, Fate of the Jedi, Luke is around 63 years old, but still in top physical and mental condition. Definitely old, but not too bad considering how long other characters in the series live. Hard to say how much longer he'll live, though. We don't know if it'll even be old age or a fight that will get him... That's part of what makes it interesting to me =)

: True. I thought that it would have been better if they kept the trilogy
: aspect a secret until you play it, but then I remembered Halo 2.

: Speaking of endings, 343i, heed my advice. Info always leaks. Always. Not a
: week before release date, someone has already posted the ending on the
: internet.
: You can't stop this, but you can bugger them. Intentionally and
: unintentionally leak as many contradictory (And false) details as
: possible, so we won't know where to turn to for our spoilers.

Interesting idea. Would drive me crazy for sure!

: I think they've also done a better job of not resorting to "UBERWEAPON
: of the Week*" as much as they used to, but I haven't read enough to
: be sure.

: *UBERWEAPON of the Weak? Maybe. The Imperials never seem to be able to hold
: on to them very long before they've been captured or destroyed. If only
: they'd invested all that time, money, and resources into Star Destroyers
: and the Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy.

They actually have been better about that! I think the Emperor was just too much of a stereotypical evil villain with his plotting and evil machines =P But yeah, the most recent post-RotJ installments have focused more on the overall problems. Legacy of the Force dealt a lot with politics and focused on a really wide range of characters, it started out really well but didn't have the best ending. The Fate of the Jedi series has turned out much better (in my opinion, at least) so far. It has dealt MUCH more with political factors, something I really enjoy, and has gone in interesting directions (it does portray Luke as a super Jedi, though, but I honestly like it). It started out slower, but has picked up pace with each book.

Message Index

Replies:

Why I'm suddenly excited, yet still afraid, for H4serpx 6/6/11 5:22 p.m.
     Re: Why I'm suddenly excited, yet still afraid, fotarehart 6/6/11 5:39 p.m.
           Re: Why I'm suddenly excited, yet still afraid, foFrankie 6/6/11 5:42 p.m.
                 Re: Why I'm suddenly excited, yet still afraid, foJoshua Allen 6/6/11 5:49 p.m.
                 Re: Why I'm suddenly excited, yet still afraid, foJoshua Allen 6/6/11 6:17 p.m.
                       Re: Why I'm suddenly excited, yet still afraid, foArteenEsben 6/6/11 7:17 p.m.
                             Re: Why I'm suddenly excited, yet still afraid, foGeneral Vagueness 6/7/11 6:26 p.m.
                 Re: Why I'm suddenly excited, yet still afraid, foBry 6/6/11 6:35 p.m.
                 Now that pretty much all of bungie is gonedonttalk 6/6/11 8:09 p.m.
           Re: Why I'm suddenly excited, yet still afraid, foserpx 6/6/11 5:44 p.m.
                 Re: Why I'm suddenly excited, yet still afraid, foserpx 6/6/11 5:50 p.m.
                       Re: Why I'm suddenly excited, yet still afraid, foFrankie 6/6/11 6:01 p.m.
                             Re: Why I'm suddenly excited, yet still afraid, foBlueNinja 6/6/11 6:09 p.m.
                             Re: Why I'm suddenly excited, yet still afraid, fobryan Newman 6/6/11 6:13 p.m.
                                   Re: Why I'm suddenly excited, yet still afraid, foFrankie 6/6/11 6:14 p.m.
                                         Re: Why I'm suddenly excited, yet still afraid, fobryan Newman 6/6/11 6:18 p.m.
                                         Re: Why I'm suddenly excited, yet still afraid, foJoshua Allen 6/6/11 6:18 p.m.
                                   Re: Why I'm suddenly excited, yet still afraid, foJoshua Allen 6/6/11 6:15 p.m.
                                         Re: Why I'm suddenly excited, yet still afraid, foGeneral Vagueness 6/6/11 6:19 p.m.
                                               Re: Why I'm suddenly excited, yet still afraid, fotarehart 6/6/11 6:23 p.m.
                                                     lol *nm* *NM*Joshua Allen 6/6/11 6:26 p.m.
                                   Re: Why I'm suddenly excited, yet still afraid, foSl'askia 6/6/11 8:25 p.m.
                                         Re: Why I'm suddenly excited, yet still afraid, fotarehart 6/6/11 8:47 p.m.
                                               Re: Why I'm suddenly excited, yet still afraid, foSl'askia 6/6/11 11:55 p.m.
                                                     Re: Why I'm suddenly excited, yet still afraid, fotarehart 6/7/11 6:44 a.m.
                                         Re: Why I'm suddenly excited, yet still afraid, foQuirel 6/6/11 8:48 p.m.
                             Re: Why I'm suddenly excited, yet still afraid, foSep7imus [subnova] 6/6/11 6:39 p.m.
     I'm more concerned about the music.The BS Police 6/6/11 6:28 p.m.
           Re: I'm more concerned about the music.Frankie 6/6/11 6:49 p.m.
                 Re: I'm more concerned about the music.ArteenEsben 6/6/11 6:53 p.m.
                       Re: I'm more concerned about the music.Chewbeccawacca 6/6/11 8:11 p.m.
                             Re: I'm more concerned about the music.Bry 6/6/11 8:24 p.m.
                 Re: I'm more concerned about the music.tarehart 6/6/11 7:00 p.m.
                 aaaw man even the music changed!?goCHIEFgo 6/6/11 7:03 p.m.
                       Re: aaaw man even the music changed!?Vandle Valsher 6/6/11 7:19 p.m.
                             Re: aaaw man even the music changed!?Metalingus627 6/6/11 7:28 p.m.
                                   Re: aaaw man even the music changed!?Vandle Valsher 6/6/11 7:37 p.m.
                 Re: I'm more concerned about the music.Metalingus627 6/6/11 7:29 p.m.
                       Re: I'm more concerned about the music.Frankie 6/6/11 7:31 p.m.
                             Cool beans *NM*Metalingus627 6/6/11 7:36 p.m.
                             The one from 1977? *NM*Ragashingo 6/6/11 7:48 p.m.
                             Re: I'm more concerned about the music.Strike Reyhi 6/6/11 9:03 p.m.
                 Re: I'm more concerned about the music.Cody Miller 6/6/11 8:14 p.m.
                 Re: I'm more concerned about the music.Quirel 6/6/11 9:01 p.m.
                 Re: I'm more concerned about the music.Narcogen 6/7/11 12:59 a.m.
     And why I'm afraid as wellQuirel 6/6/11 7:04 p.m.
           Re: And why I'm afraid as wellArteenEsben 6/6/11 7:13 p.m.
                 Re: And why I'm afraid as wellQuirel 6/6/11 9:42 p.m.
                       Re: And why I'm afraid as wellArteenEsben 6/6/11 11:02 p.m.
           Re: And why I'm afraid as wellLurono 6/6/11 8:52 p.m.
                 Didn't proofread as well as I should...Lurono 6/6/11 8:54 p.m.
                       Re: Didn't proofread as well as I should...Quirel 6/6/11 9:05 p.m.
                             lol, better list than I had *NM*Lurono 6/6/11 9:12 p.m.
                 Re: And why I'm afraid as wellQuirel 6/6/11 9:20 p.m.
                       Re: And why I'm afraid as wellLurono 6/6/11 10:50 p.m.
     Is anyone else more excited about H:A than H4? *NM*SPARTAN-034 6/7/11 12:17 a.m.
           Yeah... It's closer... =) *NM*Lurono 6/7/11 1:58 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.