Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**l
Posted By: GodlyPerfection <godlyperfection@reachingperfection.com>Date: 10/25/10 4:40 p.m.

In Response To: Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**l (Pkmnrulz240)

: All this hate towards Headhunter... but I'm still trying to figure out how
: this gametype is supposed to be fun.

: Headhunter... a game starts. ACTION. KILL STUFF. RUN AROUND. BOOM,
: EXPLOSIONS.
: Head"hunter"... a game starts. You crouchwalk. You crouchwalk some
: more. You crouchwalk some more, and hope that the guy crouchwalking in
: front of you stops long enough for you to come up and assassinate him.

: Aaaaand then you crouchwalk some more.

: You keep on crouchwalking around the map. You've collected a half a dozen
: skulls. Were this headhunter, you would die heroically in a hail of
: bullets from four different directions. Here, you crouchwalk past somebody
: who is crouching in a corner. They crouchwalk up behind you. You stop
: momentarily. They keep crouchwalking and catch up to you. You're
: assassinated.

: Gee, that was... fun?

: I give you props for trying to create something different than what we've
: already seen. But... you did it wrong. So very, very wrong. It's darn near
: impossible to make Halo not fun , but you seem to have found a way. :(

: I'm sorry, but this is not how headhunter should be played.

I completely understand your side of things. This is what most people say before they play the gametype. While the mechanics may seem like they are unfun in and of themselves, they actually work harmoniously together to create something that gives a suspenseful atmosphere that is hard to find in Halo. And that is what makes the gametype innovative. All of the aspects that we put into it may seem like it just encourages slow, camper based gameplay but it does the exact opposite.

Take your examples. While you are slowly crouch walking. You find yourself a victim. You slowly follow them and then assassinate them. Little did you know someone else was watching them at the same time. At this moment the other person tries to spot where his victim was killed from and fires several shots thinking that he knows where you are. You hear the shots and freak, scrambling for the skull and then scrambling to get out of there alive and undetected. Everyone else on the map hears the gun shots and the cause draws attention to the area. More hunters from around the map show up, hoping to find some precious skulls or another victim. Then some of those hunters experience a similar situation. Before you know it there are a pile of skulls sitting there. You want the skulls, but you realize that there are probably 4 other people who want the skulls as well and are using the skulls to set a trap for you.

The gametype may not seem like it is fast paced and fun, due to the individual mechanics of it. However the combination of all of them put together creates a unique experience that they cannot each create on their own.

Thank you for your feedback, regardless and I hope you see my response and re-consider your analysis and actually try to play atleast one game on it.

Reaching Perfection Blog

Message Index

Replies:

How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**long*GodlyPerfection 10/25/10 2:17 p.m.
     Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lJillybean 10/25/10 2:45 p.m.
           Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lGodlyPerfection 10/25/10 3:22 p.m.
                 Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lJillybean 10/25/10 3:27 p.m.
                       Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lGodlyPerfection 10/25/10 3:47 p.m.
                 Reminds me of Assassins creed.sharpsniper99 10/25/10 8:02 p.m.
     Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**ldrdoctor 10/25/10 3:03 p.m.
           Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lGodlyPerfection 10/25/10 3:19 p.m.
     Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lPhoenix_9286 10/25/10 3:30 p.m.
           Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lGodlyPerfection 10/25/10 3:45 p.m.
     Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lPkmnrulz240 10/25/10 4:19 p.m.
           Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lGodlyPerfection 10/25/10 4:40 p.m.
     Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lZackDark 10/25/10 4:30 p.m.
           Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lGodlyPerfection 10/25/10 4:43 p.m.
     Disagree with your title....Chris101b 10/25/10 5:46 p.m.
           Re: Disagree with your title....GodlyPerfection 10/25/10 6:16 p.m.
     Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lSep7imus [subnova] 10/25/10 9:29 p.m.
           Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lnash--housewares 10/26/10 12:00 p.m.
     Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lThe Loot 10/25/10 10:34 p.m.
     Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lRC Master 10/26/10 6:48 a.m.
           Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lGodlyPerfection 10/26/10 2:24 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.