Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**l
Posted By: GodlyPerfection <godlyperfection@reachingperfection.com>Date: 10/25/10 3:45 p.m.

In Response To: Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**l (Phoenix_9286)

: I hate Headhunter with a burning passion. I played only one game in the beta,
: and immediately decided I hated it within the first 60 seconds. I've
: played three games since launch, and each one leaves me with a burning
: rage. If I get saddled with it now, I don't even play, I just walk around
: the map.

: Headhunter is the worst gametype I've ever played. I'll collect skulls, get
: to the drop point, and it moves as soon as I get there. I'll collect
: skulls, get to the drop point, and be killed as soon as I get there. I'll
: collect skulls, and immediately drop dead from the combined gunfire of
: three other people driven by greed, who then turn on themselves. There is
: no skill, there is no learning curve, it's only luck, and every time I
: play, I get shafted. Perfect example, two guys kill each other in front of
: me in a game where I'm not playing. They drop at least seven skulls.
: "Well fuck", I say, "Might as well go ahead and pick it up
: and turn it in, the capture is only 15 meters away!" So I did. Only
: to have two more people swoop down from seemingly nowhere and kill me as
: soon as I picked up one.

: UGH.

: Hoarders sounds like fun. Exponentially more fun then that rotting turd in
: matchmaking and on my disc. The only unattractive thing I find about it is
: the constant camo and lack of a motion tracker. It feels a bit like
: overkill. But maybe it isn't. Unfortunately I don't have a big enough
: stable of friends to try it out with. Never the less, I applaud you for at
: least making something headhunter that sounds attractive to play.

Good sir, I couldn't agree with you more if I tried. FFA Headhunter always makes me so angry.

Anyways, the constant camo is an important part to the gametype as it gives that hunter feel and keeps you in suspense at all times. And you have a motion tracker, but only when you don't have skulls. If we gave a motion tracker to those who have skulls it would be too easy to camp. But since you lose your radar when you have skulls, you are in even more suspense since everyone is in camo and can get the jump on you from every direction. The two combined keep the gameplay suspenseful and action packed. If we didn't have those two aspects it would make the gameplay too campy since people would just hide, scavenge skulls and camp until the drop point spawns. The camo makes camping much less effective since everyone has it. And the lack of radar helps with that aspect too.

Reaching Perfection Blog

Message Index

Replies:

How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**long*GodlyPerfection 10/25/10 2:17 p.m.
     Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lJillybean 10/25/10 2:45 p.m.
           Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lGodlyPerfection 10/25/10 3:22 p.m.
                 Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lJillybean 10/25/10 3:27 p.m.
                       Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lGodlyPerfection 10/25/10 3:47 p.m.
                 Reminds me of Assassins creed.sharpsniper99 10/25/10 8:02 p.m.
     Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**ldrdoctor 10/25/10 3:03 p.m.
           Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lGodlyPerfection 10/25/10 3:19 p.m.
     Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lPhoenix_9286 10/25/10 3:30 p.m.
           Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lGodlyPerfection 10/25/10 3:45 p.m.
     Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lPkmnrulz240 10/25/10 4:19 p.m.
           Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lGodlyPerfection 10/25/10 4:40 p.m.
     Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lZackDark 10/25/10 4:30 p.m.
           Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lGodlyPerfection 10/25/10 4:43 p.m.
     Disagree with your title....Chris101b 10/25/10 5:46 p.m.
           Re: Disagree with your title....GodlyPerfection 10/25/10 6:16 p.m.
     Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lSep7imus [subnova] 10/25/10 9:29 p.m.
           Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lnash--housewares 10/26/10 12:00 p.m.
     Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lThe Loot 10/25/10 10:34 p.m.
     Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lRC Master 10/26/10 6:48 a.m.
           Re: How Head"hunter" should be played... *video**lGodlyPerfection 10/26/10 2:24 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.