Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: My Theory *long*
Posted By: Leisandir <joecooperstein@hotmail.com>Date: 11/10/09 8:18 p.m.

In Response To: Re: My Theory *long* (Metalingus627)

: They know each other, but that doesn't mean they have to have a deep personal
: understanding of their actions/motivations. Half of them died with little
: to no interaction whatsoever with Fred and co. The "main"
: characters (Fred, Kelly, ect) obviously aren't replacements, but who's to
: say a Spartan like, say, Malcolm isn't? He isn't given any character
: development besides "he died on impact," and there is no
: grieving over his loss or any of the other losses. There never would be,
: and there never will be, at least from the Spartans' perspective. If the
: "real" Malcolm had died and been replaced before, would Fred or
: any of the Spartans truly know or understand it? They had been trained to
: focus on first the mission, second the UNSC, and lastly themselves. I
: think that other Legends episode (the Teddy Bear one) might focus on this
: a little more.

The Spartans have a deeper familial relationship than just about any other group I can think of. They are brothers and sisters, and despite the long periods of time without seeing one another, they haven't forgotten one another. John was able to recognize the Spartans he rescued in First Strike by the way they stood.

Suggesting that the Spartans could be replaced without their siblings noticing is somewhat farfetched; when you know someone that well, it's not easy to fool you like that. The amount of trouble ONI would have to go through to hide from the Spartans that there were more of them is unbelievable, and the gain completely nonexistant. What gain is there in hiding the existance of other S-IIs from the originals?

: And yet the existence of "Sierra 259" directly contradicts that no?
: That could be referencing a Pelican or perhaps a base or something to
: that extant, but given the context, we are lead to assume its a Spartan.

Where is Sierra 259? I don't recognize this callsign.

Message Index

Replies:

Dear Frankie; please stop making up new Spartans.InnerRayg 11/8/09 4:16 a.m.
     Re: Dear Frankie; please stop making up new SpartaRosco-128 11/8/09 5:16 a.m.
     HBO: Loose canon. *NM*Stuntmutt 11/8/09 7:18 a.m.
     Re: Dear Frankie; please stop making up new Spartareprobate 11/8/09 7:22 a.m.
     Re: Dear Frankie; please stop making up new SpartaArteenEsben 11/8/09 8:27 a.m.
     Re: Dear Frankie; please stop making up new SpartaAfroRyan 11/8/09 8:44 a.m.
           Re: Dear Frankie; please stop making up new SpartaFrankie 11/8/09 10:20 a.m.
                 Re: Dear Frankie; please stop making up new SpartaArchilen 11/8/09 10:27 a.m.
                       Re: Dear Frankie; please stop making up new SpartaFrankie 11/8/09 10:45 a.m.
                             I knew it! *NM*Vincent 11/8/09 10:57 a.m.
                             There's so much love here Frankie.Speedhuntr 11/8/09 5:10 p.m.
                                   I know I love FrankieInnerRayg 11/8/09 5:23 p.m.
                                         Grapes are delicious!!! :) *NM*chris101b 11/8/09 10:15 p.m.
                                   Re: There's so much love here Frankie.Frankie 11/8/09 6:22 p.m.
                                         Re: There's so much love here Frankie.Avateur 11/8/09 6:32 p.m.
                                               Re: There's so much love here Frankie.Frankie 11/8/09 6:41 p.m.
                                               Re: There's so much love here Frankie.j41m3z 11/8/09 7:55 p.m.
                                                     Re: There's so much love here Frankie.Avateur 11/8/09 9:39 p.m.
                             Spartans Never Die...Metalingus627 11/9/09 2:39 a.m.
                                   Re: Spartans Never Die...Ragashingo 11/9/09 3:11 a.m.
                                         My Theory *long*Metalingus627 11/10/09 6:21 p.m.
                                               Re: My Theory *long*Leisandir 11/10/09 7:07 p.m.
                                                     Re: My Theory *long*Metalingus627 11/10/09 7:40 p.m.
                                                           Re: My Theory *long*Leisandir 11/10/09 8:18 p.m.
                                                                 Re: My Theory *long*Leisandir 11/10/09 8:22 p.m.
                                                                       Re: My Theory *long*Metalingus627 11/10/09 9:02 p.m.
                                                                             Re: My Theory *long*Leisandir 11/10/09 10:20 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: My Theory *long*Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 11/11/09 8:26 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: My Theory *long*Leisandir 11/11/09 11:48 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: My Theory *long*Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 11/11/09 11:59 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: My Theory *long*Metalingus627 11/11/09 5:13 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: My Theory *long*Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 11/11/09 6:37 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.