Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Dear Frankie; please stop making up new Sparta
Posted By: AfroRyan <afroryan@gmail.com>Date: 11/8/09 8:44 a.m.

In Response To: Dear Frankie; please stop making up new Spartans. (InnerRayg)

: So I've been wrangling for a long time with the number of Spartans we know
: of. It's kind of a fun past time of mine, and for the most part I've
: managed to find a way to keep everything in order. But now the
: introduction of Cal-141 has completely shattered any chance I have of
: keeping the canon straight, and I know that since every property has to
: make up their own special Spartans instead of using the literally dozens
: of characters available, we are bound to have more and more doing this
: same thing in the coming Comics and Legends animations.

: And the very fact that we have so many available Spartans to use is what
: bothers me so much about this. Because Cal didn't need to exist. Even
: taking into account the fact that she had to die, we already had a Spartan
: practically perfect to fit into her existing role. I'm talking of course
: about Sheila. She's a female Spartan who died in an almost completely
: unexplained way who Dr. Halsey is personally aware of dying (if one
: assumes O'Brien does fulfill her wish to give the good doctor her data,
: then this fits nicely). You could even avoid the "big reveal" of
: her being a female by just assigning the Spartan a number until the very
: end. Wouldn't break canon, nobody ever calls any of the other Spartans by
: their names either.

: So while it's too late to go back on the Babysitter (except in my mind), I
: plead with you to do something with the other dozen spartans we know of
: with no stories. Need a spartan to die or disappear? Randall is your guy.
: What about some Spartans with no background to just perform a mission?
: Well you've got plenty to work with. Malcom, Keiiichi, Isaac, Vinh,
: Joshua, Anton, Li, William, Grace, etc, etc.

: Appreciate any thoughts or comments.

: A side note: My official count goes by what Halo Wars tells us about 28
: spartans remaining alive at the beginning of Reach, and the original count
: of 33 fully function spartans from the book. This gives us the wiggle room
: of five spartans dying or going missing during the time inbetween, which
: is nicely fitted by sam, kurt, randall, sheila, and maria. The three
: missing are assumed to be Grey Team, so to make my numbers work I have to
: assume the Spartans from Halo Wars make it back in time to participate in
: the battle. If it turns out they never made it back, than either Grey Team
: had to be participating in Reach or canon is already broken and I might as
: well give up.

There's been theories that suggest there are a few batches of Spartan IIs, so if anything, just attribute extra Spartans to that...if only to keep your sanity.

My Blog

Message Index

Replies:

Dear Frankie; please stop making up new Spartans.InnerRayg 11/8/09 4:16 a.m.
     Re: Dear Frankie; please stop making up new SpartaRosco-128 11/8/09 5:16 a.m.
     HBO: Loose canon. *NM*Stuntmutt 11/8/09 7:18 a.m.
     Re: Dear Frankie; please stop making up new Spartareprobate 11/8/09 7:22 a.m.
     Re: Dear Frankie; please stop making up new SpartaArteenEsben 11/8/09 8:27 a.m.
     Re: Dear Frankie; please stop making up new SpartaAfroRyan 11/8/09 8:44 a.m.
           Re: Dear Frankie; please stop making up new SpartaFrankie 11/8/09 10:20 a.m.
                 Re: Dear Frankie; please stop making up new SpartaArchilen 11/8/09 10:27 a.m.
                       Re: Dear Frankie; please stop making up new SpartaFrankie 11/8/09 10:45 a.m.
                             I knew it! *NM*Vincent 11/8/09 10:57 a.m.
                             There's so much love here Frankie.Speedhuntr 11/8/09 5:10 p.m.
                                   I know I love FrankieInnerRayg 11/8/09 5:23 p.m.
                                         Grapes are delicious!!! :) *NM*chris101b 11/8/09 10:15 p.m.
                                   Re: There's so much love here Frankie.Frankie 11/8/09 6:22 p.m.
                                         Re: There's so much love here Frankie.Avateur 11/8/09 6:32 p.m.
                                               Re: There's so much love here Frankie.Frankie 11/8/09 6:41 p.m.
                                               Re: There's so much love here Frankie.j41m3z 11/8/09 7:55 p.m.
                                                     Re: There's so much love here Frankie.Avateur 11/8/09 9:39 p.m.
                             Spartans Never Die...Metalingus627 11/9/09 2:39 a.m.
                                   Re: Spartans Never Die...Ragashingo 11/9/09 3:11 a.m.
                                         My Theory *long*Metalingus627 11/10/09 6:21 p.m.
                                               Re: My Theory *long*Leisandir 11/10/09 7:07 p.m.
                                                     Re: My Theory *long*Metalingus627 11/10/09 7:40 p.m.
                                                           Re: My Theory *long*Leisandir 11/10/09 8:18 p.m.
                                                                 Re: My Theory *long*Leisandir 11/10/09 8:22 p.m.
                                                                       Re: My Theory *long*Metalingus627 11/10/09 9:02 p.m.
                                                                             Re: My Theory *long*Leisandir 11/10/09 10:20 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: My Theory *long*Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 11/11/09 8:26 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: My Theory *long*Leisandir 11/11/09 11:48 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: My Theory *long*Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 11/11/09 11:59 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: My Theory *long*Metalingus627 11/11/09 5:13 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: My Theory *long*Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 11/11/09 6:37 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.