Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Musings on the Nathan Interview
Posted By: Ben Schodek <schodek@mediaone.net>Date: 9/26/99 2:03 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Musings on the Nathan Interview (Shataan)

Well, I can now sort of see why the oath was put into place... Anyways, my opinion on the matter, who cares? Just because third person never worked in other games doesnt mean it wont work in halo... And same goes for seeing stuff like charred armor, and other thingys done to your charachter. Maybe that actually will make a difference, and not just be eye candy...

If bungie carrys out its promise of none of the standard 3rd person problems, then Id say we are all set. I like 1st person as well, and was skeptical on why bungie chose 3rd. But, I really don't see how much it will matter... If bungie doesn't do a good job of it, then halo will recieve a lower rating, and less people will buy or like the game. So they have an incentive to make it work.

As far as first person goes, I think it will be necessary for things like manning turrets and using sniper riffles. My opinion is, both 1st and 3rd are good if done well. I think bungie should iether focus on one or the other, not a dual system. I would rather have a well done 1st perspective than a poorly done 3rd perspective, and vice versa. So I think bungie should focus on making one or the other, not both. So we can be assured of whatever perspective they choose is well implamented and has quality. So we don't run into something like a great 1st person and a poorly thought out 3rd person mode to choose from.

Maybe your right. Maybe bungie just wont be able to work out a good way of implamenting 3rd person. If that is so, then I think they are the ones who will loose out.

Again, sorry if I spurred anything, or stirred the pot... I think that I and everyone else should just refrain from pointing out strengths and weaknesses of 1st and third...

Message Index

Replies:

Musings on the Nathan InterviewMark Levin 9/25/99 6:01 p.m.
     Re: Musings on the Nathan InterviewShataan 9/26/99 1:26 a.m.
           Re: Musings on the Nathan InterviewNathan 9/26/99 3:30 a.m.
                 Some more musings (and suggestions...)mad.max 9/26/99 7:20 a.m.
                       Who's Really in Charge ... ;)Nathan 9/26/99 4:15 p.m.
                             Re: Who's Really in Charge ... ;)Shataan 9/26/99 6:32 p.m.
                             Awwww....mad.max 9/27/99 9:44 a.m.
                                   Re: Awwww....Nathan 9/28/99 12:24 a.m.
                             Re: Who's Really in Charge ... ;)Forensic 9/27/99 12:18 p.m.
                 Re: Musings on the Nathan InterviewShataan 9/26/99 11:45 a.m.
                 well i must say....Adeamus [IMG] 9/26/99 11:47 a.m.
                       Re: well i must say....Mr. Eez 9/26/99 4:31 p.m.
                       Re: well i must say....Loren Petrich 9/26/99 5:51 p.m.
                 Re: Musings on the Nathan InterviewShataan 9/26/99 12:32 p.m.
                       Re: Musings on the Nathan InterviewBen Schodek 9/26/99 2:03 p.m.
                             Re: Musings on the Nathan InterviewShataan 9/26/99 6:25 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.