/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Eternal X Alpha 5
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 7/6/07 9:48 p.m.

Eternal X Alpha 5 is now online

Happy 7/7/7. We had hoped and planned for many years to have the whole release of Eternal X online today, everything finished and well-tested and polished, but... the past 5 months since Alpha 4 have really dragged along, chapter 5 had a lot of work to be done on it, and we just barely got the last map done in time for this final alpha (which is really pretty much a beta, as it's feature complete minus a few images and texts, but I'm keeping my naming scheme).

New Features

- Chapter 5 is complete (10 new maps) plus the epilogue level, for 11 new maps total.
- Three new (well, really, quite old) monsters: the Headless, the Nightmare, and the Banshee.
- A new weapon or two: the Gravitronic Blades. (George Lucas is gonna sue somebody!)
- Assorted bugfixes to previous chapters and other preexisting content (including new chapter screens).

To Be Completed

- The epilogue terminal text (by Yossarian) and the final credits screen. (The final screen is actually done, but as we're missing the epilogue terminal text, I put "to be concluded" in a shiny font as the final screen for now).
- Making sure that all the low-res textures match the high-res ones (for Blayne).

Cancelled Features

- Updated player and weapon graphics sufficient for non-stupid-looking network play, and the net maps that go with them. (If some graphics person wants to help with this, I'd love to do an Eternal X Online someday).
- Hathor was to make a personal appearance in Ch5, but she has been cancelled due to a lack of pixels.

Major Known Bugs

- Scatter Rifle Enforcers (the ones with the M1 Enforcer weapons) appear to hover while moving or firing.
- The Tall Lights in the Set 1 scenery are vertically misaligned and stick into the floor.
(I could really use some help with these two bugs, as everything looks just fine in Anvil...)

Minor Known Bugs

- Pfhorscape and it's pink variant have glitches where they wrap
- Dayscape (fiery Lh'owon) has a glitch somewhere in it too.
(These are just things minor things that I've noticed while playing, even though everything looks fine in Photoshop. Please let me know if you notice them and think they need fixing).

Unconfirmed Bugs

These are bugs which have been reported to me but which I have not witnessed myself. Please confirm:
- Lookers and Wasps have too small collision cylinders and are extremely hard to hit.
- Lookers, and Wasp corpses and dying sequences, look too small.
- Wasps are missing their firing sequence.
- Scatter Rifle bullets have no impact effect.

So please, go download it, play the heck out of it, tell your friends about it and get them to play the heck out of it, get me as much feedback as you can (but please don't quite shout it from the rooftops, since the final version will be coming shortly after everything is thoroughly tested). If a texture is misaligned, let me know. If there's a siren next to a dramatic terminal that ruins the mood, let me know. Typos, bad grammar (except where it's intentionally bad), story inconsistencies, let me know. Be as exacting and meticulous as you can, don't hold back, this is the last chance to tell me if something sucks - though I can't guarantee that it will get fixed or that I will agree with you that it sucks.

The later chapters probably need the most attention; Chapter 1 is pretty damn solid, Chapter 2 seems good, but I still feel like chapters 3, 4, and 5 are weak somehow, and if there's anything that can be done to improve them, I'd really like to know. So let us have it.

Download Eternal X Alpha 5

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal X Alpha 5Forrest of B.org 7/6/07 9:48 p.m.
     Re: Eternal X Alpha 5Blake37 7/7/07 2:41 p.m.
           Re: Eternal X Alpha 5Adam Ashwell 7/7/07 3:39 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Alpha 5Forrest of B.org 7/7/07 4:20 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal X Alpha 5Adam Ashwell 7/7/07 4:38 p.m.
                             Re: Eternal X Alpha 5Blake37 7/7/07 6:18 p.m.
     Also of note...Forrest of B.org 7/7/07 5:51 p.m.
     IMPORTANT - FATAL BUG, NEW UPLOADForrest of B.org 7/7/07 6:54 p.m.
     bug reportingBlake37 7/8/07 9:21 a.m.
           Re: bug reportingForrest of B.org 7/8/07 12:35 p.m.
                 Re: bug reportingBlake37 7/9/07 7:31 a.m.
                       More testing resultsBlake37 7/9/07 3:16 p.m.
                             Re: More testing resultsAdam Ashwell 7/9/07 5:24 p.m.
                                   Re: More testing resultsBlake37 7/9/07 6:04 p.m.
                                         Re: More testing resultsForrest of B.org 7/9/07 10:36 p.m.
                                               Re: More testing resultsBlake37 7/10/07 3:43 a.m.
                                                     Re: More testing resultsForrest of B.org 7/10/07 12:14 p.m.
                                                           Re: More testing resultsBlake37 7/10/07 12:24 p.m.
                             Re: More testing resultsForrest of B.org 7/9/07 10:33 p.m.
                                   Re: More testing resultsBlake37 7/10/07 3:40 a.m.
                                         Re: More testing resultsForrest of B.org 7/10/07 12:43 p.m.
                                   Re: More testing resultsrampancy 3/9/08 11:43 a.m.
     Re: Eternal X Alpha 5D-M.A. 7/9/07 3:41 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X Alpha 5Forrest of B.org 7/9/07 10:26 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Alpha 5D-M.A. 7/13/07 6:06 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Alpha 5treellama 7/13/07 8:28 a.m.
     D:. As much as I want to play...Funkmon 7/9/07 8:15 p.m.
     Finished the last chapterBlake37 7/10/07 10:55 a.m.
           Re: Finished the last chapterBlake37 7/10/07 12:17 p.m.
                 Re: Finished the last chapterForrest of B.org 7/10/07 1:10 p.m.
                       Re: Finished the last chapterBlake37 7/10/07 1:50 p.m.
                             Re: Finished the last chapterForrest of B.org 7/10/07 6:14 p.m.
                                   Re: Finished the last chapterBlake37 7/10/07 6:29 p.m.
                                         Re: Finished the last chapterForrest of B.org 7/10/07 6:31 p.m.
                                               Re: Finished the last chapterBlake37 7/10/07 6:40 p.m.
                                                     Re: Finished the last chapterBlake37 7/11/07 12:06 p.m.
                                                           Re: Finished the last chapterForrest of B.org 7/11/07 6:02 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Finished the last chapterscreamingfool 7/12/07 10:39 a.m.
           Re: Finished the last chapterForrest of B.org 7/10/07 1:05 p.m.
                 Re: Finished the last chapterBlake37 7/10/07 2:11 p.m.
                       Re: Finished the last chapterForrest of B.org 7/10/07 3:10 p.m.
                             Re: Finished the last chapterBlake37 7/10/07 4:45 p.m.
                                   Re: Finished the last chapterForrest of B.org 7/11/07 12:04 p.m.
                                         Re: Finished the last chapterBlake37 7/11/07 12:10 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.