/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: if all your friends jump of a bridge... (v. lo
Posted By: goranDate: 8/23/05 9:59 a.m.

In Response To: if all your friends jump of a bridge... (v. long) (MrHen)

: Fine, since no one seems to have a problem diving in...

: First: Just because you have a moral problem with what you think
: "God" or "Satan" is or cannot figure out a certain
: logical dealio in your view on the whole religiousness thing doesn't
: mean that God cannot exist. For all we know God is some sadistic schmuck.

I've never claimed THAT God doesn't exist. *THIS* you made up by yourself.
I did on the other hand put disbelief in the devil, because I believe humans have made him up as an excuse for their bad doings.

: I have a hunch you are closest to 1.

Again, I do believe in God, and not in the devil. I'm spiritual, and I base my view of the world from what I feel is there. I don't buy into the world religions because they've been altered over time and gotten away from their true origin. The original bible is nothing like the ones we find in churches nowadays. I don't believe we know everything already, and that all answers is in a book. There must be more that escapes the eye, there must be things we don't know...and it's very sad...that very few people search for the truth.

If you like history you might know that in the beginning of year 1000 the western world believed deeply in God. The earth was in the center in the universe, we were in the spotlight of God. Our lives had big purposes that only God knew about. The priests were the messenger between people and God. A few hundred years it kept on like this, and humanity's goal in life was to live together with God. All events in life was the will of God.

Then something happened around year 1500, the priests became corrupt and took advantage of their position. The respect for the church started to fade slowly.

When it was proven that earth was not in the center of the universe (earth rotates around the sun), the whole picture of God collapsed. If that was not true, what was true? A new phase started where we began to search for reality. We didn't however arrive at something, in the meantime, the rest of the world began to get bored of waiting for a new interpretion of life, so they decided to go out in the world and get it better for themselves, and gain material treasures.

And here we are now, with fewer and fewer ppl believing in God. No one is searching for what's really there. Is it just a coincident that we're more restless than ever?

I've heard about a manuscript, dated from 600 bc (written in armanic), that foretells that humanity will change soon, as they get more and more restless and bored of their material world, they will discover something new, that creates a change throughout the world. This same manusscript, speaks about how humanity loses fate in God through the years 1000 to 2000.

-goran

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

OMGthomas 8/19/05 1:55 p.m.
     Re: OMGukimalefu 8/19/05 2:19 p.m.
     Re: OMGkyjel 8/19/05 2:33 p.m.
     Re: OMGgoran 8/19/05 3:06 p.m.
           I'm going to resist the temptation of that debate. *NM*MrHen 8/19/05 5:02 p.m.
                 mysterious choice (plays x-files music) *NM*goran 8/20/05 3:33 a.m.
           *doesn't resist temptation of debate*Me_43 8/19/05 10:10 p.m.
                 Re: *doesn't resist temptation of debate*goran 8/20/05 3:29 a.m.
                       Re: *doesn't resist temptation of debate*Me_43 8/20/05 5:22 p.m.
                             Re: *doesn't resist temptation of debate*dual 8/20/05 10:47 p.m.
                                   Re: *doesn't resist temptation of debate*mt_mikal 8/21/05 2:16 a.m.
                             Re: *doesn't resist temptation of debate*goran 8/21/05 4:47 a.m.
                                   Re: *doesn't resist temptation of debate*Me_43 8/21/05 7:07 p.m.
                                         Re: *doesn't resist temptation of debate*Dave 8/22/05 12:40 a.m.
                                               Re: *doesn't resist temptation of debate*Me_43 8/22/05 1:13 a.m.
                                                     Re: *doesn't resist temptation of debate*Dave 8/22/05 3:11 a.m.
                                                           Re: *doesn't resist temptation of debate*Me_43 8/22/05 7:15 p.m.
                                                                 Re: *doesn't resist temptation of debate*Elliott dagen 8/23/05 2:09 p.m.
                                                                       Re: *doesn't resist temptation of debate*Me_43 8/23/05 7:56 p.m.
                       Re: *doesn't resist temptation of debate*C Lund 8/22/05 6:46 a.m.
                             Re: *doesn't resist temptation of debate*goran 8/22/05 9:40 a.m.
           Also not going to resist the arguementCpt. Sqweky 8/20/05 8:20 p.m.
                 Re: Also not going to resist the arguementgoran 8/21/05 4:24 a.m.
                 Re: Also not going to resist the arguementDave 8/22/05 12:43 a.m.
                       Re: Also not going to resist the arguementSteve Levinson 8/22/05 5:21 a.m.
                             Re: Also not going to resist the arguementDave 8/23/05 2:43 a.m.
           Re: OMGElliott dagen 8/21/05 11:15 a.m.
           if all your friends jump of a bridge... (v. long)MrHen 8/23/05 6:23 a.m.
                 Re: if all your friends jump of a bridge... (v. logoran 8/23/05 9:59 a.m.
                       Re: if all your friends jump of a bridge... (v. loVid Boi 8/23/05 1:04 p.m.
                       Re: if all your friends jump of a bridge... (v. loMrHen 9/1/05 10:00 a.m.
                             Re: if all your friends jump of a bridge... (v. logoran 9/2/05 2:30 a.m.
     Re: OMGblake37 8/19/05 3:19 p.m.
           Re: OMGukimalefu 8/19/05 9:50 p.m.
           Re: OMGAnon 8/19/05 10:05 p.m.
     Boring... nothing happened! *NM*D-M.A. 8/19/05 10:14 p.m.
     Re: OMGVid Boi 8/20/05 11:08 a.m.
           Re: OMGdual 8/20/05 10:55 p.m.
                 Re: OMGgoran 8/21/05 4:57 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.