/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

DiaBD Volunteers: Galactica II, The Tower of Babel
Posted By: MartiNZDate: 6/29/05 1:56 p.m.

In Response To: Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLord (MartiNZ)

Okay, I'm tacking these on here as I can't start a new topic. I would have put them up last night but thought that the problem would go away with a wait - never mind.

Galactica II
---------
We start off in a nice big quiet room full of oxygen, a peaceful beginning after what we've been through. There's some assault rifle ammo around, as if we didn't have enough (25+ clips and grenade magazines here) after the inability to use it last level.

Just briefly that reminds me of another interesting thing about Sensori OverLord: if we had had MA75/SPNKR use there, we could have jumped up to some of the switches if we couldn't work out how to get to them. The same is also true of the vacuum level not too far away, and in both cases it is quite hard to work out how to get places ... just an interesting observation :).

Moving around a bit in the big room brings in a bunch of fighters. This level has heaps of them, and I've just had some good fun with the TOZT. There's a terminal here that basically just tells us to deactivate the reactor, by way of a circuit panel ... just one. There are two doors out of the room, but they're pretty similar and end up in the same place very quickly. The difference is that one puts us up against an enforcer. Either way, it's good to explore both for the extra ammo, this time fusion, which we certainly are in need of.

After some more fighter fighting we get to a 1x recharger and a door to a familiar 4-way intersection room. Right now we can only go straight ahead - and there's that circuit. Smashing it opens up the ways left and right with some fighters and a hunter or two. Carrying on beyond where they came from we find a switch both ways, along with some nice views out into space, and across to another part of the level where there appears to be a window. Returning to the intersection we can now go left, which leads to a pattern buffer, a couple of invisible Ygn'oml and another switch by a rather haphazard dead end looking out into space - a hull breach I guess ... in light of which I guess we're really lucky this isn't a vacuum level.

And then we can go the other way from the intersection. This eventually leads us to the big room with the window, which we saw earlier. There is a bunch of fighters here in the dark, and an unlimited supply of drones coming in the window. Along the length of the room there are blue hunters, thankfully behind glass, and/or deactivated. And there's a switch.

This raises a platform in the corridor beyond the circuit panel. From here there's a bit more fighting and then an invincibility powerup between two platforms that act as crushers. A teleporter nearby gets us between them, after we sort out their positions with the switch. After getting the invincibility, we take a bit of a fall as the only way left to go. And in a rather non-climactic way, this is the last corridor of the level. In the end we get a 2x recharger, before exiting via a hull breach, it seems. I believe this is the first time in the scenario that we've exited so unexpectedly - it gives the feeling that the next level will be somehow connected, but the way it starts doesn't suggest this.

The Tower of Babel
----------------
Now we come to a little square of corridors, with raising platforms on each side, reminiscent of 'Colony ship for sale, cheap' but not such a death trap. In one corner there's a terminal. It's easy to miss depending on which way you go to start with. Basically we have to get to the top of 'The Tower of Babel'. I missed the terminal the last time I played the level and now I see how accurate it is. The warnings, "don't fall between two platforms [into lava]" and, "the Ygn'oml' in the transporter room are close to panic" really give us a nasty idea of what's coming.

In the next corner there's a hole. And so we fall down, and go around and around and around. It seems an interesting way to get to the top. And then there's another hole, at the bottom of which we find out about not falling between platforms. The drones are a nuisance and a bit repetitive. The hole after the last platform has no lava, although it's a bit hard to look before you leap from the map view.

There's a switch down there, which turns all we've just come through into a staircase going down. From here it's quiet for a bit ... almost uncomfortably long. And then we fall down another hole and come to a 2x recharger - as promised in the terminal, a small ambush, which wasn't, and a pattern buffer, which was.

And then we head up to the transporter room. This is about as it was described, and it's rather a hit-and-run operation. Hit a switch, run around to find the next one that has been revealed, repeat. Killing a few of the Ygn'oml just brings in more so running around is the best option. Going in blind on total carnage it'll probably take several attempts, but it gets easier. And eventually the door to the final terminal opens, and, as I've just discovered, we get shut in there, allowing us to read the terminal.

This is bad news. Before we were told we would be sent back to 'our base', but now the pirates have taken over one of 'our warships', and we have to go and help out. Bring on 'Aye Matey'.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/26/05 10:44 a.m.
     Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordMartiNZ 6/26/05 2:03 p.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/26/05 4:49 p.m.
                 Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/27/05 8:41 p.m.
     Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordgoran 6/27/05 7:48 a.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordAdam Ashwell 6/27/05 10:37 a.m.
                 Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordBen A. Potter 6/27/05 5:06 p.m.
                       Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/28/05 10:54 p.m.
                             Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordBen A. Potter 6/29/05 9:42 a.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/27/05 8:39 p.m.
                 Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordgoran 6/28/05 7:18 a.m.
                       Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/28/05 9:57 a.m.
                             Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordMartiNZ 6/28/05 2:40 p.m.
                                   Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordForrest of B.org 6/28/05 2:50 p.m.
                                         Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/28/05 3:46 p.m.
                                               Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordMartiNZ 6/28/05 5:56 p.m.
                                                     DiaBD Volunteers: Galactica II, The Tower of BabelMartiNZ 6/29/05 1:56 p.m.
                                                           Re: DiaBD Volunteers: Galactica II, The Tower of BSteve Levinson 6/29/05 6:19 p.m.
                                                                 Re: DiaBD Volunteers: Galactica II, The Tower of BMartiNZ 6/29/05 7:12 p.m.
     DiaBD Volunteers - Aye Matey!Steve Levinson 6/30/05 6:18 a.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Aye Matey!MartiNZ 6/30/05 2:27 p.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Aye Matey!Don Merlin 7/2/05 9:26 p.m.
                 Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Aye Matey!MartiNZ 7/2/05 10:18 p.m.
     Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordDon Merlin 7/2/05 9:36 p.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordMartiNZ 7/2/05 10:14 p.m.
                 Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordDon Merlin 7/5/05 10:57 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.