/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Aye Matey!
Posted By: Don MerlinDate: 7/2/05 9:26 p.m.

In Response To: DiaBD Volunteers - Aye Matey! (Steve Levinson)

: With these messages we begin our journey under the command of a fourth entity
: - I wouldn't even call it an AI as it never identifies itself as such, but
: someone or something on the UESC Santa Fe is now in charge of our every
: move. BTW, if this place seems familiar to you as if you've seen it
: someplace else, you have, but we'll get to that later - much, much later
: and in the EMR Volunteers Series.

Wow! This is a trip down memory lane! Aye Matey was authored by "yours truly", so I can respond to any questions here. I would like to make a comment. For those who never played the original M1 version, the original design of Aye Matey was to have the ships engage in space, and the bridge between the two ships was originally a space walk bridge. I liked that concept much better, but when we did the M2 version, the texture set didn't support it (as you may notice, we did not tweak the texture sets for DiaBD). If I were to do this level again, I'd bring it back to being in space.

If this level *does* seem familiar to you, that would indicate that you played the scenarios in the wrong order. ;-)

Aye Matey came first, and then the Santa Fe does make a "cameo" appearance in EMR in the level where the player visits a variety of "time gates". We even have a cameo appearance of the Pfhor in that level (and that level only). :)

DiaBD is the prequel to EMR.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/26/05 10:44 a.m.
     Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordMartiNZ 6/26/05 2:03 p.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/26/05 4:49 p.m.
                 Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/27/05 8:41 p.m.
     Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordgoran 6/27/05 7:48 a.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordAdam Ashwell 6/27/05 10:37 a.m.
                 Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordBen A. Potter 6/27/05 5:06 p.m.
                       Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/28/05 10:54 p.m.
                             Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordBen A. Potter 6/29/05 9:42 a.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/27/05 8:39 p.m.
                 Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordgoran 6/28/05 7:18 a.m.
                       Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/28/05 9:57 a.m.
                             Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordMartiNZ 6/28/05 2:40 p.m.
                                   Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordForrest of B.org 6/28/05 2:50 p.m.
                                         Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/28/05 3:46 p.m.
                                               Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordMartiNZ 6/28/05 5:56 p.m.
                                                     DiaBD Volunteers: Galactica II, The Tower of BabelMartiNZ 6/29/05 1:56 p.m.
                                                           Re: DiaBD Volunteers: Galactica II, The Tower of BSteve Levinson 6/29/05 6:19 p.m.
                                                                 Re: DiaBD Volunteers: Galactica II, The Tower of BMartiNZ 6/29/05 7:12 p.m.
     DiaBD Volunteers - Aye Matey!Steve Levinson 6/30/05 6:18 a.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Aye Matey!MartiNZ 6/30/05 2:27 p.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Aye Matey!Don Merlin 7/2/05 9:26 p.m.
                 Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Aye Matey!MartiNZ 7/2/05 10:18 p.m.
     Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordDon Merlin 7/2/05 9:36 p.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordMartiNZ 7/2/05 10:14 p.m.
                 Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordDon Merlin 7/5/05 10:57 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.