/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

DiaBD Volunteers - Aye Matey!
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 6/30/05 6:18 a.m.

In Response To: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLord (Steve Levinson)

**** Captains Log: Final Entry ****

While in orbit around Rock Island Station, my ship was attacked and forced to crash land on this planet.

The pirates then boarded us, and while my crew put up a valiant fight, we had suffered too many casualties in the crash to succeed.

The aliens are now just outside the bridge, and before I pick up my rifle and engage them, I felt this last log entry was necessary to inform the fleet of our fate.

I take full responsibility for the loss of my ship and crew. I underestimated the enemy's firepower and I was caught unprepared.

The Santa Fe was attacked by unknown entities upon arrival in orbit around Rock Island Outpost and crash landed on the planet surface. The pirate ship has taken up position across the river of lava.

Crew has been killed or captured.

SHIPS SYSTEMS:

Weapons: Intact, but inoperative
Main Drive: Badly damaged, inoperative
Impulse Drive: Intact, operative
Transporter: Operative, inaccessible
Communications(external): Destroyed
Communications(internal): Operative

Mission Objectives:

Survive
Disable enemy ship
Eradicate all enemy personnel on board
Free hostages

First objective overrides all.

With these messages we begin our journey under the command of a fourth entity - I wouldn't even call it an AI as it never identifies itself as such, but someone or something on the UESC Santa Fe is now in charge of our every move. BTW, if this place seems familiar to you as if you've seen it someplace else, you have, but we'll get to that later - much, much later and in the EMR Volunteers Series.

You start out under attack almost immediately and may very well have very little health left after surviving the Tower of Bable. There is a PB and 2X shield recharger here, but they're inactive at first - the switch to turn them on is in the captain's quarters. Also easily overlooked in the captains quarters is a switch on the captain's desk. This switch lowers a platform on the captains chair back out on the bridge, granting access to the rest of the level, but first we have some other places to explore. A switch out on the bridge extends the boarding plank, which will make it a lot easier to get the the pirate's ship, the Diablo, which is where we need to go. A turbolift leads to the lower decks of the Santa Fe, where we can see some of the places we will want to go later on, and can battle a couple of enforcers now rather than later, when we'll likely be low on shields.

Now it's time to head down the captain's chair lift to the lower levels. Visit the radar room and ride the platform up to pick up some ammo and flip a switch that will grant access to the outside of the ship. You can return to the bridge at any time by riding the captain's chair lift back up (there is a switch across from it on the lower level) or by using an emergency transporter located in the southwestern corner of the boarding plank. Outside you'll probably first notice a glimmering invincibility power-up and a major jugger. Take my advice - don't try to rocket yourself up to that invincibility just yet - you already have excellent protection from the jugger from which to take it out (and probably more than enough rockets), and you'll want to use that power-up later. Take your time killing the jugger - it'll take a while, but you can always retreat to the ship to avoid taking any real damage.

Once you've killed the jugger, rocket yourself to the power-up and enter the lava on the other side of the boarding plank. Look for an opening just under the surface of the lava and swim through it at maximum warp. Keep swimming around, surfacing as soon as you can and heading left onto dry land. Grab the 2X power-up and a ton of shotgun ammo and proceed up the rocks until you reach your starting point, taking care to avoid getting trapped by the lava yeti's. Pretty cool secret, huh? Now it's time to board the Diablo. There is a partially secret way in - you can enter a prison area filled with bobs by either grenading yourself up onto the rocky bluffs near where the invincibility was and dropping down a stairway, or you can drop into the lava and enter a passage from below. Personally, I find a frontal approach best. As you approach the main door, it will open automatically and there will be a ton of projectile fighters waiting inside. If you have a flame thrower, this works extremely well here.

Once inside, if you head to the right, you can enter a room with a switch that activates a large triangular platform in the center of the ship. Ride it up and you can enter a room with a very handy PB and some switches that allow access to other areas. Next head back to the left of where you came in and ride a platform down to an area with a destructible circuit. You know what to do. Now head to the back side of the ship where an area will have opened, revealing some troopers and a stairway down to another corridor. There are some hunters and enforcers down here, so be careful. You'll see some Totz ammo - grab it quickly, but keep on running and head up the stairs directly ahead. If you tarry, you'll either have to face a ton of cyborgs or you'll be crushed going up the stairs. Now flip the switch and greet the prisoners you just freed, but watch out for the traitor among them. The prison area has a direct view of all those cyborgs - if you're fast enough, you can flip a switch and crush them, but the bobs have a nasty habit of getting in the way and they seem to think they're magnums are a fair match for cyborg grenades. Stupid bobs! Do take out any remaining cyborgs before proceeding. You can leave via a teleporter, but be sure to revist the area at the back of the Diablo - a new corridor will now be accessible. Go down the corridor and flip the switch, then enter the transporter, which will take you back to the bob's prison. Run around to just in front of the exit teleporter and ride the platform up to a flame thrower (if you don't already have one), then exit the ship from there.

Outside you'll now find a new large opening into the Santa Fe. After dealing with all the monsters inside, head to the main cargo bay and read the message on the exit terminal. All mission objectives have been met (if not, you still have some killing to do), but you have a new mission. You must find out where the pirate's main base is located, and for that you're returning to the Diablo.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/26/05 10:44 a.m.
     Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordMartiNZ 6/26/05 2:03 p.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/26/05 4:49 p.m.
                 Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/27/05 8:41 p.m.
     Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordgoran 6/27/05 7:48 a.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordAdam Ashwell 6/27/05 10:37 a.m.
                 Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordBen A. Potter 6/27/05 5:06 p.m.
                       Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/28/05 10:54 p.m.
                             Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordBen A. Potter 6/29/05 9:42 a.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/27/05 8:39 p.m.
                 Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordgoran 6/28/05 7:18 a.m.
                       Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/28/05 9:57 a.m.
                             Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordMartiNZ 6/28/05 2:40 p.m.
                                   Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordForrest of B.org 6/28/05 2:50 p.m.
                                         Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/28/05 3:46 p.m.
                                               Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordMartiNZ 6/28/05 5:56 p.m.
                                                     DiaBD Volunteers: Galactica II, The Tower of BabelMartiNZ 6/29/05 1:56 p.m.
                                                           Re: DiaBD Volunteers: Galactica II, The Tower of BSteve Levinson 6/29/05 6:19 p.m.
                                                                 Re: DiaBD Volunteers: Galactica II, The Tower of BMartiNZ 6/29/05 7:12 p.m.
     DiaBD Volunteers - Aye Matey!Steve Levinson 6/30/05 6:18 a.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Aye Matey!MartiNZ 6/30/05 2:27 p.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Aye Matey!Don Merlin 7/2/05 9:26 p.m.
                 Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Aye Matey!MartiNZ 7/2/05 10:18 p.m.
     Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordDon Merlin 7/2/05 9:36 p.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordMartiNZ 7/2/05 10:14 p.m.
                 Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordDon Merlin 7/5/05 10:57 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.