/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLord
Posted By: MartiNZDate: 6/26/05 2:03 p.m.

In Response To: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLord (Steve Levinson)

A complicated walkthrough for a complicated level! Just reading through that without looking at the map pic there makes it sound so easy and yet so difficult, at the same time. What I quite like about the level is the way that you keep discovering new areas and new connections between areas, and you have to think quite a bit to work out how to access switches that you can see on map view.

That's what happened to me on the first run through the level this time - with the lift that you activated first in this walkthrough. I just couldn't work out how to get to that level going west from the first 'drop shoot'. Of course when you do work it out it all seems so easy but I think another great thing about the level is that it would be a challenge all over again after not playing it for a while.

I didn't find the secret - as that switch was quite obvious I wasn't actually sure if it was secret or not. I'll have to go back and have a look at that - a bit more ammo would be nice here as fisting Hunters is nerve-wracking when you're in vacuum. When I got to the end terminal I took just that one out and then skipped through the terminal message just to get out of there to avoid all the regenerating pirates in the ring outside. This left me with very little oxygen, and there are no more rechargers before the next vacuum level. Thankfully you don't need much to get to the recharger there. It's hardly a 'Post Naval Trauma' situation :).

Operating on different elevation levels does make a level more interesting - I agree that it would be one of the best with the problems solved. Shall I take Galactica II? I'd like to take The Tower of Babel.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/26/05 10:44 a.m.
     Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordMartiNZ 6/26/05 2:03 p.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/26/05 4:49 p.m.
                 Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/27/05 8:41 p.m.
     Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordgoran 6/27/05 7:48 a.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordAdam Ashwell 6/27/05 10:37 a.m.
                 Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordBen A. Potter 6/27/05 5:06 p.m.
                       Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/28/05 10:54 p.m.
                             Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordBen A. Potter 6/29/05 9:42 a.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/27/05 8:39 p.m.
                 Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordgoran 6/28/05 7:18 a.m.
                       Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/28/05 9:57 a.m.
                             Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordMartiNZ 6/28/05 2:40 p.m.
                                   Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordForrest of B.org 6/28/05 2:50 p.m.
                                         Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordSteve Levinson 6/28/05 3:46 p.m.
                                               Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordMartiNZ 6/28/05 5:56 p.m.
                                                     DiaBD Volunteers: Galactica II, The Tower of BabelMartiNZ 6/29/05 1:56 p.m.
                                                           Re: DiaBD Volunteers: Galactica II, The Tower of BSteve Levinson 6/29/05 6:19 p.m.
                                                                 Re: DiaBD Volunteers: Galactica II, The Tower of BMartiNZ 6/29/05 7:12 p.m.
     DiaBD Volunteers - Aye Matey!Steve Levinson 6/30/05 6:18 a.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Aye Matey!MartiNZ 6/30/05 2:27 p.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Aye Matey!Don Merlin 7/2/05 9:26 p.m.
                 Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Aye Matey!MartiNZ 7/2/05 10:18 p.m.
     Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordDon Merlin 7/2/05 9:36 p.m.
           Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordMartiNZ 7/2/05 10:14 p.m.
                 Re: DiaBD Volunteers - Sensori OverLordDon Merlin 7/5/05 10:57 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.