glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: DMR Study Update #2 (aka for uberfoop)
Posted By: RC MasterDate: 1/20/12 2:29 p.m.

In Response To: DMR Study Update #2 (aka for uberfoop) (Hoovaloov)

: I have updated the study with a spreadsheet where I implemented your idea.

: Check it out to see the new results.

So a 7% increase in spamming wins at long range won't be noticed, but a 4% decrease at mid-range will?

WUT?

At short range, the decrease is basically due to the fact that in 85% there is less physical difference between your pacing and full-rate spamming. Of course this is going to happen. And anyway, if you're waiting for a full reset every time you fire you don't understand how to use the DMR anyway.

There are also other questions left unanswered like: what if you miss?

In your example of 'pacing' they have to be very accurate (since their reticle is at it's smallest) which will necessarily be easier to miss without the assistance of any bullet magnetism, especially when trying to always aim at the head (lulwut?). In this instance, someone spamming can fire again in 12 frames (min with the ROF), increasing their chance to win with each shot, while a pacer (in your example) will need to wait longer than that for the reticle to reset on top of that (I'm not actually sure what it is).

Look at mid-range. in 100% bloom, a pacer can miss 1 shot, and 12 frames later the spammer is only getting close to their 50% success rate (assuming they're not missing on top of their reticle-bloom induced misses). Now look at mid-range in 85% - 12 frames after the pacer's median, you're 1 frame away from the spammers' 75% success rate. Similar increase in long range.

So sure that 85% is amazing still? Sure you could go all Master Chief and reply 'I won't [miss]' but the reality is that you will.

Modelling it as a Normal distribution is a nice idea, but I don't think its a good approximation at all. The distribution is heavily skewed low (especially in 85% spam), with a hard lower limit of 49 frames (for the 'added to score' as in your method - the target player actually dies the frame before)

I put the time in to crunch the extra numbers because I couldn't stand conclusions being drawn on such a limited view, but that of course still does nothing to address the systemic methodological flaws in the data and the (in my opinion) biased analysis.

Dya know what? Can you put the maps up? When I get time I'll do my own analysis and see what I come up with (but I'll probably look at a different question, like 'what weapon and firing cadence should you use at each range in both 100% and 85% bloom').

Message Index

Replies:

Statistical Analysis of DMR BehaviorHoovaloov 1/17/12 6:22 a.m.
     Re: Statistical Analysis of DMR BehaviorDEEP NNN 1/17/12 7:27 a.m.
           Re: Statistical Analysis of DMR BehaviorHoovaloov 1/17/12 7:46 a.m.
     Your analysis is grossly incompleteRC Master 1/17/12 10:12 a.m.
           Also, a problem of definition.uberfoop 1/17/12 11:30 a.m.
                 Re: Also, a problem of definition.Hoovaloov 1/17/12 4:59 p.m.
                       Re: Also, a problem of definition.RC Master 1/17/12 7:49 p.m.
                             Re: Also, a problem of definition.Hoovaloov 1/17/12 8:17 p.m.
                                   Re: Also, a problem of definition.RC Master 1/18/12 9:35 a.m.
                                         Re: Also, a problem of definition.Hoovaloov 1/18/12 4:29 p.m.
                                               Re: Also, a problem of definition.RC Master 1/20/12 9:48 p.m.
           Re: Your analysis is grossly incompleteFyreWulff 1/17/12 12:32 p.m.
                 Re: Your analysis is grossly incompleteFyreWulff 1/17/12 12:33 p.m.
                 Re: Your analysis is grossly incompleteSchooly D 1/17/12 1:11 p.m.
                       Re: Your analysis is grossly incompletekatancik 1/17/12 1:36 p.m.
                             Re: Your analysis is grossly incompleteHoovaloov 1/17/12 5:30 p.m.
                       Re: Your analysis is grossly incompleteFyreWulff 1/17/12 2:26 p.m.
                             Re: Your analysis is grossly incompleteHoovaloov 1/17/12 5:36 p.m.
                                   Re: Your analysis is grossly incompleteFyreWulff 1/17/12 6:12 p.m.
                                         Re: Your analysis is grossly incompleteFyreWulff 1/17/12 6:28 p.m.
                                         Re: Your analysis is grossly incompleteHoovaloov 1/18/12 1:56 a.m.
                       Re: Your analysis is grossly incompleteHoovaloov 1/17/12 5:21 p.m.
                 Re: Your analysis is grossly incompleteHoovaloov 1/17/12 5:14 p.m.
           Re: Your analysis is grossly incompleteHoovaloov 1/17/12 4:54 p.m.
                 Re: Your analysis is grossly incompleteuberfoop 1/17/12 5:13 p.m.
                       Re: Your analysis is grossly incompleteHoovaloov 1/17/12 5:19 p.m.
                             Re: Your analysis is grossly incompleteuberfoop 1/17/12 7:32 p.m.
                                   Re: Your analysis is grossly incompleteHoovaloov 1/17/12 8:21 p.m.
                                   Re: Your analysis is grossly incompleteHoovaloov 1/18/12 2:03 a.m.
                                   DMR Study Update #2 (aka for uberfoop)Hoovaloov 1/20/12 7:42 a.m.
                                         Re: DMR Study Update #2 (aka for uberfoop)uberfoop 1/20/12 2:00 p.m.
                                               Re: DMR Study Update #2 (aka for uberfoop)Hoovaloov 1/20/12 5:16 p.m.
                                         Re: DMR Study Update #2 (aka for uberfoop)RC Master 1/20/12 2:29 p.m.
                                               Re: DMR Study Update #2 (aka for uberfoop)Hoovaloov 1/20/12 6:42 p.m.
                                                     Re: DMR Study Update #3 (aka for Hoovaloov)RC Master 1/23/12 9:49 p.m.
                                                           Re: DMR Study Update #3 (aka for Hoovaloov)Hoovaloov 1/24/12 5:10 a.m.
                                                                 Edit: "pacehot" should be "headshot"Hoovaloov 1/24/12 11:39 a.m.
                                                                 re: DMR Study Update (new spreadsheet)RC Master 1/27/12 6:15 a.m.
                                                                       Re: re: DMR Study Update (new spreadsheet)Hoovaloov 1/28/12 6:20 a.m.
                                                                             Re: re: DMR Study Update (new spreadsheet)RC Master 1/28/12 11:28 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: re: DMR Study Update (new spreadsheet)Gravemind 1/28/12 2:01 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: re: DMR Study Update (new spreadsheet)RC Master 1/28/12 5:52 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: re: DMR Study Update (new spreadsheet)Gravemind 1/28/12 10:39 p.m.
                                                                                                     Whole Sandbox Is Not BrokenHoovaloov 1/31/12 4:09 p.m.
                                                                                                           I agree but...Spec ops Grunt 1/31/12 4:38 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: I agree but...Hoovaloov 1/31/12 4:45 p.m.
                                                                                                           No no no no no no!!!Bryan Newman 1/31/12 5:48 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: No no no no no no!!!Phoenix_9286 1/31/12 6:13 p.m.
                                                                                                                       I meant no disrespect...Bryan Newman 1/31/12 6:51 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: No no no no no no!!!kidtsunami 1/31/12 6:13 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Whole Sandbox Is Not BrokenSEspider 1/31/12 9:26 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: Whole Sandbox Is Not BrokenSpec ops Grunt 1/31/12 9:36 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Whole Sandbox Is Not BrokenRC Master 2/1/12 5:41 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: Whole Sandbox Is Not BrokenHoovaloov 2/1/12 12:33 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Whole Sandbox Is Not BrokenGravemind 2/3/12 4:06 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: re: DMR Study Update (new spreadsheet)General Vagueness 1/29/12 12:03 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: re: DMR Study Update (new spreadsheet)RC Master 1/29/12 12:42 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: re: DMR Study Update (new spreadsheet)General Vagueness 1/29/12 12:50 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: re: DMR Study Update (new spreadsheet)RC Master 1/29/12 12:54 a.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: re: DMR Study Update (new spreadsheet)General Vagueness 1/30/12 2:02 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: re: DMR Study Update (new spreadsheet)RC Master 1/30/12 9:59 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: re: DMR Study Update (new spreadsheet)Hoovaloov 1/30/12 9:22 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: re: DMR Study Update (new spreadsheet)RC Master 2/1/12 6:46 a.m.
                                                                                               All this said...RC Master 2/1/12 6:53 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: All this said...DEEP NNN 2/1/12 7:43 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: All this said...Hoovaloov 2/1/12 2:49 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: All this said...Louis Wu 2/1/12 3:00 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: All this said...Hoovaloov 2/1/12 3:21 p.m.
                                                                                                                             even if we hate the TUkidtsunami 2/1/12 3:50 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: even if we hate the TUHoovaloov 2/1/12 4:10 p.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: even if we hate the TUFyreWulff 2/2/12 12:39 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: even if we hate the TUGravemind 2/1/12 6:52 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: All this said...CaneCutter 2/1/12 4:48 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Make "me" the happiest... *NM*CaneCutter 2/1/12 4:49 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: All this said...Gravemind 2/1/12 6:42 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: All this said...Hoovaloov 2/1/12 7:12 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: All this said...Gravemind 2/2/12 2:23 a.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: All this said... *IMG*Hoovaloov 2/2/12 3:28 a.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: All this said...RC Master 2/2/12 6:58 a.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: All this said...Gravemind 2/2/12 7:36 a.m.
                                                                                                                                         wut?RC Master 2/2/12 7:46 a.m.
                                                                                                                                               Re: wut?Gravemind 2/2/12 8:28 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                     Oh, wow...RC Master 2/2/12 9:21 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: All this said...DEEP NNN 2/1/12 3:52 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: All this said...Hoovaloov 2/1/12 4:19 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: All this said...DEEP NNN 2/1/12 5:54 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: All this said...RC Master 2/1/12 6:16 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: All this said...Hoovaloov 2/1/12 6:21 p.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: All this said...Louis Wu 2/1/12 6:31 p.m.
                                                                                                                                               ditto *NM*kidtsunami 2/1/12 6:40 p.m.
                                                                                                                                               Re: All this said...Hoovaloov 2/1/12 6:58 p.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: All this said...DEEP NNN 2/1/12 6:47 p.m.
                                                                                                                                               Re: All this said...Hoovaloov 2/1/12 6:51 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                     Re: All this said...DEEP NNN 2/1/12 8:28 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: All this said...DEEP NNN 2/1/12 4:08 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: re: DMR Study Update (new spreadsheet)Hoovaloov 2/1/12 2:02 p.m.
     Re: Statistical Analysis of DMR BehaviorDEEP NNN 1/17/12 5:04 p.m.
           Re: Statistical Analysis of DMR BehaviorHoovaloov 1/17/12 5:28 p.m.
                 Re: Statistical Analysis of DMR BehaviorDEEP NNN 1/17/12 6:13 p.m.
     More numbers, better pictureRC Master 1/17/12 7:43 p.m.
           Blog Post UpdatedHoovaloov 1/18/12 1:27 a.m.
                 You misunderstand what the median is...RC Master 1/18/12 9:51 a.m.
                       Chart Updated with MediansHoovaloov 1/18/12 10:18 p.m.
     Apparently I'm a troll?RC Master 1/20/12 6:43 p.m.
           Dude. *NM*kanbo 1/20/12 6:54 p.m.
           Re: Apparently I'm a troll?DEEP NNN 1/20/12 7:04 p.m.
           I think there was trolling involved.NsU Soldier 1/20/12 7:08 p.m.
           Re: Apparently I'm a troll?SonofMacPhisto 1/20/12 7:08 p.m.
           Re: Apparently I'm a troll?Flynn J Taggart 1/20/12 8:54 p.m.
           Re: Apparently I'm a troll?Hoovaloov 1/25/12 6:45 p.m.
     DMR Study Maps+Gametypes Available In File ShareHoovaloov 1/27/12 3:29 a.m.
           Re: DMR Study Maps+Gametypes Available In File ShaRC Master 1/27/12 6:16 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.