glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...
Posted By: jman571 <jman571@gmail.com>Date: 6/28/05 4:04 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs... (UrsusArctos)

hmmmm interesting stuff, before I saw this I had wanted to interpret the Cortana letters to present day Halo, and perhaps even interpret future events..
the hints to the Covenant are pretty obvious now, but I think the stuff about how Cortana has WON is pretty interesting, perhaps she has figured out how to stop her eventual demise. So far if you consider that the Marathon & Halo universes are absolutely different then you must also realise that the issue of rampancy, the eventual demise of Cortana, and the eventual closer of the universe have not been or hardly have been brought up in the game itself. So I now doubt she was thinking about the closer of the universe, and even rampancy isin't in Halo, if you payed attention to the books Cortana will NOT go rampant after 7 years, she will simply "die", as described in the book she will accumulate so much knowledge that she will constantly be thinking, literally forgetting about her other duties like running a ship or even communicating, she will in a sense be like a vegetable. It is comparrable to a human thinking so much that it forgets to breath & eat. As if a computer would focuss on one calculator problem so much that it would forget to open up the internet you wanted. So basically there is NO rampancy in the Halo universe, unless they have yet to identify it. So perhaps that just leaves either she was WON against the covenant, or figured out a way to prevent herself from dying.

Perhaps Bungie thought the premise of different stages of rampancy was eventually too "complicated" for a mainstream audience.

However in all I believe the MOST important phrase is: "there was a fourth, you couldn't have known" I have to disagree with the author, it defenitelly doesn't refer to a fourth race. either a fourth prophet perhaps? AND taking into context all of the emotions, fear, anger, envy, regret, etc. think about it?!?!?!? What are we missing,....LOVE

Yes, the 5th element, it was the fourth, I believe it to be so.

Message Index

Replies:

Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...Eindrachen 6/5/05 3:38 a.m.
     Re: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...Jillybean 6/5/05 6:24 a.m.
           Re: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...Eindrachen 6/5/05 6:52 a.m.
     All good, except...58 6/5/05 6:36 a.m.
           Re: All good, except...Eindrachen 6/5/05 6:51 a.m.
                 Re: All good, except...58 6/5/05 12:49 p.m.
     Re: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...Crudeoyle 6/5/05 10:32 a.m.
           Re: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...7he grunt w/a plasma pistol 6/5/05 7:58 p.m.
     Re: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...deadmonkey 6/5/05 10:59 a.m.
     Re: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...Psychophan7 6/5/05 12:36 p.m.
     Re: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...rhinohumper 6/5/05 4:04 p.m.
     Little Help PleaseTyce 6/14/05 10:19 p.m.
           Re: Little Help PleaseSimpsons Rule 6/14/05 10:52 p.m.
                 Re: Little Help Pleasegspawn 6/15/05 1:53 a.m.
     Re: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...SniperExtraordinaire 6/15/05 2:07 a.m.
           Re: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...SniperExtraordinaire 6/15/05 2:08 a.m.
           Re: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...UrsusArctos 6/15/05 5:24 a.m.
                 Re: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...jman571 6/28/05 4:04 p.m.
     Letter #5 and a bit of Letter #1's endingSpecialNewb 7/4/05 3:27 p.m.
     Letter 1's fuzzy logic...Cipher 7/20/05 6:38 p.m.
           Re: Letter 1's fuzzy logic...Steve 7/20/05 6:57 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.