glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...
Posted By: SniperExtraordinaire <leverette.welsh@gmail.com>Date: 6/15/05 2:07 a.m.

In Response To: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs... (Eindrachen)

But the third paragraph is interesting. While I'm sure that the creatures she refers to are the Flood, what of the "sun - black, but shining" whose "fiery
tracks" they crawl on?

My speculation? It's High Charity (which might be seen from an angle as a dark "sun" with glittering "fiery" lights on it), during the demise of the Forerunners, when it contained the Ark. The Flood, being not-dumb, probably figured out the whole scheme with the Halos and the Ark, and promptly decided to assault the Ark before the Halos were activated. There certainly may be flaws with this theory, but it seems possible to me.

Letter #2: The suns (plural) stumps me, so I can't speak with anything resembling authority. My own intuitions are telling me that this one was written at the time she gets to the next Halo, but perhaps it was somewhere else. As for the "fourth", I strongly believe that it is the Flood (aside from humanity, the Covenant [whom she has consistantly considered more of a whole than as individual species], and the Forerunners).

Just my interpretation, but I don't think the "sun- black, but shining" is High Charity, but the Halos themselves. The Halos are the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak; they end a time a great trial and tribulation with a very desperate action, somewhat of a morbid ending but far better than being controlled by the Flood (the creatures that "inch along its' [Halo's?] fiery tracks". Fiery tracks = activation of Halos?

Just my thoughts.

Message Index

Replies:

Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...Eindrachen 6/5/05 3:38 a.m.
     Re: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...Jillybean 6/5/05 6:24 a.m.
           Re: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...Eindrachen 6/5/05 6:52 a.m.
     All good, except...58 6/5/05 6:36 a.m.
           Re: All good, except...Eindrachen 6/5/05 6:51 a.m.
                 Re: All good, except...58 6/5/05 12:49 p.m.
     Re: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...Crudeoyle 6/5/05 10:32 a.m.
           Re: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...7he grunt w/a plasma pistol 6/5/05 7:58 p.m.
     Re: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...deadmonkey 6/5/05 10:59 a.m.
     Re: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...Psychophan7 6/5/05 12:36 p.m.
     Re: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...rhinohumper 6/5/05 4:04 p.m.
     Little Help PleaseTyce 6/14/05 10:19 p.m.
           Re: Little Help PleaseSimpsons Rule 6/14/05 10:52 p.m.
                 Re: Little Help Pleasegspawn 6/15/05 1:53 a.m.
     Re: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...SniperExtraordinaire 6/15/05 2:07 a.m.
           Re: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...SniperExtraordinaire 6/15/05 2:08 a.m.
           Re: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...UrsusArctos 6/15/05 5:24 a.m.
                 Re: Best laid schemes of mice and AIs...jman571 6/28/05 4:04 p.m.
     Letter #5 and a bit of Letter #1's endingSpecialNewb 7/4/05 3:27 p.m.
     Letter 1's fuzzy logic...Cipher 7/20/05 6:38 p.m.
           Re: Letter 1's fuzzy logic...Steve 7/20/05 6:57 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.