/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: The green headless
Posted By: GodotDate: 7/16/15 7:33 a.m.

In Response To: Re: The green headless (xcalibur)

: As you're aware, I'm using the older version of pathways (without
: floor/ceiling textures). I decided to test the bug that Earthtopus
: discovered that could give you multiple Alien Gemstones by resting in the
: last room of ok who else wants some. It worked, every time a greater
: nightmare popped up, I could kill him for another gemstone. Not only that,
: but I could fit up to 4 gemstones in the lead box. I can generate even
: more, but then I have to deal with the HP draining effect of the
: radiation.

Interesting point about the Lead Box holding up to 4 Alien Gemstones. When Ron Hunsinger first discovered this glitch in V1.1 he wrote:

The first time I reached the end of OWEWS, I was pretty beat up and needed to rest. The room was empty (except for me) so I tried to rest right there. Unluckily, I got attacked in my sleep, and after dispatching the new foe saw another gemstone lying on the ground. Now I *really* needed to rest, and tried again. Same thing. Another monster attacked me in my sleep, I dispatched it, and there was a third gemstone. I suspected this was more than mere bad luck, and tested that by trying yet again to rest. After that experiment, I had four Alien Gemstones, but not enough health left to try again. I stepped through the teleporter hoping that I would have a chance to rest in whatever horrible place it took me. Even so, it was a hassle to get all four gemstones out, since the Lead Box will only hold one.

So he only picked up 4 Alien Gemstones because he didn't have enough health left. And didn't appear to be putting them in the Lead Box.

Which leads me to the inevitable question. If you pick up a 5th Alien Gemstone and drop it does your treasure score still increase by a further $54K?

Cheers
Hamish

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The green headlessVikingBoyBilly 7/7/15 3:41 a.m.
     Re: The green headlessLion O Cyborg 7/7/15 5:03 a.m.
           Re: The green headlessxcalibur 7/8/15 4:30 p.m.
                 Re: The green headlessVikingBoyBilly 7/9/15 3:51 a.m.
                       Re: The green headlessMartin 7/9/15 11:25 a.m.
                       Re: The green headlessGodot 7/9/15 12:49 p.m.
                             Re: The green headlessPerseusSpartacus 7/9/15 2:46 p.m.
                                   Re: The green headlessGodot 7/9/15 11:10 p.m.
                                         Re: The green headlessxcalibur 7/15/15 2:05 a.m.
                                               Re: The green headlessGodot 7/15/15 8:42 a.m.
                                                     Re: The green headlessxcalibur 7/16/15 2:49 a.m.
                                                           Re: The green headlessGodot 7/16/15 7:33 a.m.
                                                                 Re: The green headlessVikingBoyBilly 7/16/15 8:47 a.m.
                                                                 Re: The green headlessxcalibur 7/16/15 9:04 a.m.
                                                                       Re: The green headlessGodot 7/16/15 9:49 a.m.
                                                                             Re: The green headlessxcalibur 7/16/15 4:38 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: The green headlessGodot 7/17/15 12:06 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: The green headlessLion O Cyborg 7/17/15 12:49 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: The green headlessLion O Cyborg 7/17/15 12:50 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: The green headlessxcalibur 7/17/15 3:18 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: The green headlessLion O Cyborg 7/17/15 5:25 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: The green headlessxcalibur 7/17/15 6:11 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: The green headlessxcalibur 7/17/15 10:42 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: The green headlessGodot 7/17/15 10:53 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: The green headlessHopper 7/20/15 1:36 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: The green headlessGodot 7/20/15 8:41 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: The green headlessxcalibur 7/20/15 9:31 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: The green headlessscratskinner 7/18/15 11:27 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: The green headlessVikingBoyBilly 7/17/15 3:27 a.m.
                       Re: The green headlessxcalibur 7/10/15 5:12 p.m.
                             Re: The green headlessxcalibur 7/11/15 10:38 p.m.
                                   Re: The green headlessGodot 7/13/15 6:39 a.m.
                                         Re: The green headlessxcalibur 7/13/15 7:30 p.m.
                                               Re: The green headlessPerseusSpartacus 7/13/15 8:23 p.m.
                                               Re: The green headlessPhiltron 7/13/15 9:12 p.m.
                                                     Re: The green headlessxcalibur 7/13/15 10:09 p.m.
                                                           Re: The green headlessGodot 7/14/15 12:06 a.m.
                                               Re: The green headlessGodot 7/14/15 12:05 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.