Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Human history, is it? Fascinating... *sp*
Posted By: protexts <protexts@cs.com>Date: 3/18/02 3:37 p.m.

In Response To: Human history, is it? Fascinating... *sp* (ThePerfectCore)

: That's great evidence supporting that the human race built Halo, but that's
: not what I'm going for.

No. That's great evidence that GS interprets human history as contained on PoA and is subsequent Forerunner history. It cannot be assumed that the annoying blue ball is correct in his interpretation or that, if you accept the Forerunner-Human link, the history is one of association not actual "Forerunner" history.

: Human history - or most of it, anyway - takes place on earth. So what ONE bit
: of information would be in all that history, if not anything else?

Equally plausible, if not moreso, is that GS misinterprets HH as literal FH, in which case, in the mind of GS, it's not any particular "bit" which is important -- it's the very fact of the data on PoA constituting, among other things, an entire missing chapter in the historical record. Imagine you were cut off from your family for 20 years stuck on a deserted island and you finally returned home. There wouldn't be any one detail which you would want to know. You'd want to catch up on everything. From GS' POV, GS is that survivor, and in this analogy, Halo is the deserted island.

: The location of earth.

: Great. So now we have TABB floating around space, just waiting for a Covenant
: patrol to happen upon it, and learn the location of earth.

What makes you think GS will give the information to the 'other races'? He functions according to protocol. We do not know if "revenge" is in his psychological profile. He seems a bit enamored of himself and clueless in many ways, but he doesn't appear to be that spiteful. He's just doing what he's suppose to do.

Message Index

Replies:

Human history, is it? Fascinating... *sp*ThePerfectCore 3/18/02 3:11 p.m.
     Re: Human history, is it? Fascinating... *sp*NthDegree256 3/18/02 3:21 p.m.
           Re: Human history, is it? Fascinating... *sp*Mark Levin 3/18/02 3:37 p.m.
                 Re: Human history, is it? Fascinating... *sp*ApolokiA 3/18/02 3:52 p.m.
                       One thing...Tursas 3/18/02 7:09 p.m.
                             Re: One thing...ApolokiA 3/19/02 3:50 a.m.
                 Re: Human history, is it? Fascinating... *sp*MC 3/18/02 4:15 p.m.
                       Cole protocol? "Hand over the construct?" No no noThePerfectCore 3/18/02 5:12 p.m.
     Re: Human history, is it? Fascinating... *sp*protexts 3/18/02 3:37 p.m.
           *Buzzer sounds*ThePerfectCore 3/18/02 5:16 p.m.
                 You need to get your buzzer fixed.protexts 3/18/02 7:22 p.m.
     Re: Human history, is it? Fascinating... *sp*Clefton Twain 3/18/02 4:19 p.m.
           Re: Human history, is it? Fascinating... *sp*NthDegree256 3/18/02 8:58 p.m.
     Re: Human history, is it? Fascinating... *sp*John Denton 3/18/02 4:21 p.m.
           Alright, my rebuttal... (dammit)ThePerfectCore 3/18/02 5:21 p.m.
                 Re: Alright, my rebuttal... (dammit)protexts 3/18/02 8:14 p.m.
                       My thoughts, probably wrong!Crappy Sniper 3/18/02 10:37 p.m.
                             Re: My thoughts, probably wrong!protexts 3/18/02 11:29 p.m.
                                   Re: My thoughts, probably wrong!Covenant Elite 3/19/02 3:38 a.m.
                                         Re: My thoughts, probably wrong!protexts 3/19/02 3:47 p.m.
                                               Re: My thoughts, probably wrong!foo 3/20/02 1:35 a.m.
                                                     Re: My thoughts, probably wrong!protexts 3/20/02 3:05 a.m.
                                                           Re: My thoughts, probably wrong!Covenant Elite 3/20/02 11:46 a.m.
                                                                 Here's what GS saysprotexts 3/21/02 2:57 p.m.
     Re: Human history, is it? Fascinating... *sp*Narcogen 3/19/02 3:56 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.