Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Marathon Symbol
Posted By: MalagigiDate: 2/21/02 10:13 a.m.

In Response To: A few random Halo questions and comments... (Liquidex)

I was wondering about the Marathon symbol as well. I think there's 2 choices for why the symbol is in Halo.

#1. It looks really cool and Bungie put it in to give all its fans cannon fodder for debate, speculation, etc.

#2. It does actually have some significance in the story, and may be a connection in the storylines of the two games. If so, why would 2 ships have the same symbol? I had always thought that the symbol in Marathon was FOR the Marathon, but that would obviously be wrong.

So, maybe the symbol is for the UESC/UNSC Navy. Like the US Air Force uses a stylized eagle for its symbol.

Well, who knows. We probably won't figure it out anytime soon.

Message Index

Replies:

A few random Halo questions and comments...Liquidex 2/21/02 12:16 a.m.
     Re: A few random Halo questions and comments...NthDegree256 2/21/02 12:36 a.m.
     Re: A few random Halo questions and comments...Mark Levin 2/21/02 1:10 a.m.
           Bumpmaps, techy!! Bungie(MSN), enlighten pls..DeAdLy_cOoKiE 2/21/02 8:29 a.m.
                 Re: Bumpmaps, techy!! Bungie(MSN), enlighten pls..Mark Levin 2/21/02 10:46 a.m.
                 Re: Bumpmaps, techy!! Bungie(MSN), enlighten pls..SpudBoy 2/21/02 2:25 p.m.
                       Re: Bumpmaps, techy!! Bungie(MSN), enlighten pls..DeAdLy_cOoKiE 2/21/02 4:41 p.m.
                             Re: Bumpmaps, techy!! Bungie(MSN), enlighten pls..SpudBoy 2/21/02 8:43 p.m.
                                   Re: Bumpmaps, techy!! Bungie(MSN), enlighten pls..DeAdLy_cOoKiE 2/22/02 5:19 a.m.
     Marathon SymbolMalagigi 2/21/02 10:13 a.m.
     Totally random tidbitLouis Wu 2/23/02 1:43 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.