Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Why I don't like Halo 4's Campaign HUD *long*
Posted By: sithheadDate: 6/16/12 12:43 p.m.

In Response To: Why I don't like Halo 4's Campaign HUD *long* (RC Master)

When I loaded up Bioshock 2 and gained control of the character for the first time, my first words were something along the lines of "what the shit?" I instantly went to the menus and was very glad to see there was a "disable helmet visibility" option. It's not very visible in this screenshot (I wonder if it may have been cropped or if my memory exaggerates what I saw, but it was very jarring to me), but it would move as you walked. I did not like it one bit. I did a google image search for "bioshock 2 screenshot" to get that picture, and I think it's very telling that most screenshots do not have the helmet visible.

I think I also read somewhere that the HUD bounced in halo 4 when the player jumped and things like that. If that was the case, I also don't like that. I tried to play the Crysis 2 demo/beta, and it had HUD bounce. I was very happy to see that as a slide-bar in the options.

Battlefield 3 has HUD bounce that's not got a toggle button or slide-bar. I play it religiously and that bounce bugs me at least twice every match.

Message Index

Replies:

Why I don't like Halo 4's Campaign HUD *long*RC Master 6/15/12 9:22 a.m.
     Re: Why I don't like Halo 4's Campaign HUD *long*bluerunner 6/15/12 10:45 a.m.
           Re: Why I don't like Halo 4's Campaign HUD *long*RC Master 6/15/12 10:59 a.m.
                 Re: Why I don't like Halo 4's Campaign HUD *long*SonGoharotto 6/15/12 12:21 p.m.
     Re: Why I don't like Halo 4's Campaign HUD *long*Gravemind 6/15/12 12:33 p.m.
           Re: Why I don't like Halo 4's Campaign HUD *long*RC Master 6/15/12 2:43 p.m.
                 Re: Why I don't like Halo 4's Campaign HUD *long*Gravemind 6/15/12 5:38 p.m.
     Thanks for the frontpage!RC Master 6/15/12 4:55 p.m.
           Re: Thanks for the frontpage!PerseusSpartacus 6/15/12 6:09 p.m.
                 Re: Thanks for the frontpage!Louis Wu 6/16/12 7:28 a.m.
     Re: Why I don't like Halo 4's Campaign HUD *long*sithhead 6/16/12 12:43 p.m.
     Re: Why I don't like Halo 4's Campaign HUD *long*General Vagueness 6/16/12 4:39 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.