Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Why I don't like Halo 4's Campaign HUD *long*
Posted By: Gravemind <kuukan_no_kage@yahoo.com>Date: 6/15/12 5:38 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Why I don't like Halo 4's Campaign HUD *long* (RC Master)

: Valid because complains are worth listening to, or they are actually valid on
: their own merits? :P

The first. As a "professional" complainer who can't go a day without griping about something, I believe everyone has the right to complain about whatever they want, and that at the very least their complaints deserve to be listened to. Not all complaints are valid on their own merits, though (e.g., complaining about random happenstance that is outside anyone's control, for example "I hit every frickin' red light on the way to the club? Seriously?"). After all, you can easily have two complaints about something be diametrically opposed to each other, and the answer to the question "Well, who's in the right?" is often largely subjective, and both parties cannot be right.

To use a Halo example, take all the complaints regarding bloom in Reach, which is Serious Fucking Business amongst Halo players (some people are absolutely disgusted that Halo 4 will have bloom in some form). People who dislike bloom complain that it makes the game more "random," or slows combat down, or what have you. People who dislike the reduction/removal of bloom complain that, among other things, reduced bloom destroys weapon balance, creating a situation where, like in previous games, the precision weapons make automatics largely irrelevant, or in other words, they think it makes Reach "DMRs 24/7," to mirror the "pistols 24/7" complaints lodged at Halo 1. Both sides deserve an audience, but Who is in the right and why? Depends on which side you're on, really.

http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

Message Index

Replies:

Why I don't like Halo 4's Campaign HUD *long*RC Master 6/15/12 9:22 a.m.
     Re: Why I don't like Halo 4's Campaign HUD *long*bluerunner 6/15/12 10:45 a.m.
           Re: Why I don't like Halo 4's Campaign HUD *long*RC Master 6/15/12 10:59 a.m.
                 Re: Why I don't like Halo 4's Campaign HUD *long*SonGoharotto 6/15/12 12:21 p.m.
     Re: Why I don't like Halo 4's Campaign HUD *long*Gravemind 6/15/12 12:33 p.m.
           Re: Why I don't like Halo 4's Campaign HUD *long*RC Master 6/15/12 2:43 p.m.
                 Re: Why I don't like Halo 4's Campaign HUD *long*Gravemind 6/15/12 5:38 p.m.
     Thanks for the frontpage!RC Master 6/15/12 4:55 p.m.
           Re: Thanks for the frontpage!PerseusSpartacus 6/15/12 6:09 p.m.
                 Re: Thanks for the frontpage!Louis Wu 6/16/12 7:28 a.m.
     Re: Why I don't like Halo 4's Campaign HUD *long*sithhead 6/16/12 12:43 p.m.
     Re: Why I don't like Halo 4's Campaign HUD *long*General Vagueness 6/16/12 4:39 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.