Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

damnit RC, look what you made me do!
Posted By: Revenant1988 <dga1988@yahoo.com>Date: 4/25/12 5:52 p.m.

In Response To: Flag in Halo 4 *vid* (RC Master)

I had to go write a wall of text! Damnit! I hate doing that lol.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As has been said before, you make griefing sound rampant in Reach but I don't think that it is. I know that it does happen, and I've experienced it here and there but not THAT much. I think that people don't play more objective because they find it boring. Maybe its a bunch of Mt.Dew fueled 14yr olds too used to the faster pace of other shooters, the need for instantaneous gratification for doing the most minute things in an average game (YOU LIVED FOR 10 SECONDS! +10 random space-exp-point-ma-jiggers!11!!!!!1!!).

Maybe its going in solo, and not with a co-operating team or strategy, or being paired against one. I'm not really sure, but basic CTF at its core doesn't need many tweaks, if it needs any at all IMO.

When I think about my experience with Halo's CTF, the best, THE BEST games I've ever played were in a LAN setting with my friends. CTF was a game where if we had someone whos never played Halo, they already know hot CTF works, and it also prevented the people who were too good dominating the game based on kills alone. Games were tense, always stalemated, and could last for hours even at a 3 point limit.

My online time with CTF has never come close to that, save for any CTF vs friends/HBOers. It never quite captures that tense, the other team is in the room next to me feel,but it comes close because their FRIENDS. Slayer is slayer. I can kill literally any fucking thing that walks by me, familiar or not, friend or stranger. It kinda looses its luster in that sense. Sure, it's fun to kill my friends, but it's not as exciting as beating them with a well executed plan, or sneaking the objective out. My argument for what makes CTF fun, is who you play against.

MM night is decidedly more fun when its us vs us, because randy is unreliable. Randy never comes with friends. Randy rage quits as soon as he sees you came WITH friends. Randy rage quits as soon as the lead is lost. It's like, you have to walk on fucking egg shells and make sure that you beat Randy, but you don't beat him by TOO much for fear he'll quit. That's fucking bullshit. People don't like to lose. They want things to go their way, and at the first sign its not going their way, they quit, robbing me of the satisfaction! There is a clip from the Simpsons where Lisa is trying to break the gender stereotype in a boys military school, but she's not competing very well and want to quit- someone says to her, " I thought you wanted a challenge?" to which she replies "Duh, a challenge I could do!" That sums up my experience of the other people I come across in objective MM. No one wants to have a really close epic game and then lose, or have to actually EARN that win. They want to steamroll the other team, anything less than pure, unedited, relentless domination is UNACCEPTABLE, to these people. No one ever taught these people that you can lose and still have fun. It's probably the same people that taught them they deserve a trophy for just showing up and existing.

Stockpile.

I really, really like stockpile. I think it doesn't suffer from the problems you think CTF does. Should I stay back and defend? Should I go for that neutral flag? Should I steal their flags?
I dunno. Better decide quick, because chances are your opponent already has! I think it has a good shift of roles. Sure, you capture a flag, but its not instant. You have to SECURE it, because if you don't keep an eye on it, it could be stolen from you. You can also capture more than 3 in a game, how about that!? I don't think stockpile suffers from much, other than some craptastic achievements.

I remember multi-flag in multiteam. That game, was AWESOME, in my opinion. I miss it. 4 teams, 4 flags. Shakey alliances, truces, backstabbing flag capping fun!

Just like invasion, and headhunter, I think it suffers from the player base and lack of support more than it does the game itself.

Message Index

Replies:

Flag in Halo 4 *vid*RC Master 4/25/12 3:56 p.m.
     p.s. HBO members feature in vidRC Master 4/25/12 4:35 p.m.
           Senno ecto gammat! *NM*Bones 4/25/12 4:46 p.m.
                 Wait, does it actually bother you?RC Master 4/25/12 5:25 p.m.
                       Re: Wait, does it actually bother you?Bones 4/25/12 6:22 p.m.
                 Leeloo Dallas multipass! *NM*Gravemind 4/25/12 7:44 p.m.
     I love discussions :)nillapuddin 4/25/12 4:54 p.m.
           the thing I forgot!nillapuddin 4/25/12 5:00 p.m.
           Re: I love discussions :)RC Master 4/26/12 7:48 a.m.
                 sharing ideas is awesome, halo is awesome.nillapuddin 4/26/12 9:11 a.m.
     damnit RC, look what you made me do!Revenant1988 4/25/12 5:52 p.m.
           damnit Revenant, look what you made me do!nillapuddin 4/26/12 5:05 a.m.
                 Re: damnit Revenant, look what you made me do!RC Master 4/26/12 11:40 a.m.
                       Re: damnit Revenant, look what you made me do!nillapuddin 4/26/12 12:02 p.m.
           Re: damnit RC, look what you made me do!RC Master 4/26/12 11:33 a.m.
     Cool Vid Bropadraig08 4/25/12 6:48 p.m.
           What is this, i don't even...RC Master 4/26/12 6:45 p.m.
     Re: Flag in Halo 4 *vid*343winks. 4/25/12 9:05 p.m.
           Re: Flag in Halo 4 *vid*RC Master 4/26/12 6:53 p.m.
                 Re: Flag in Halo 4 *vid*343winks. 4/27/12 6:02 a.m.
     Loved this vid.The Lionheart 4/26/12 3:51 a.m.
     Re: Flag in Halo 4 *vid*DEEP NNN 4/26/12 7:19 a.m.
     Re: Flag in Halo 4 *vid*SEspider 4/26/12 10:43 a.m.
     Nice video!The Alpha ELite 4/26/12 4:15 p.m.
     Caution, may contain traces of *MATH*Der Flatulator 4/26/12 10:22 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.