Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

I love discussions :)
Posted By: nillapuddinDate: 4/25/12 4:54 p.m.

In Response To: Flag in Halo 4 *vid* (RC Master)

First off, Loved the video.

Obviously Ive been following and commenting along with your remastering objective series and we even had a bit of talk yesterday about objective reward system, Objectives are fun!

I really like your ideas, as someone who plays ALOT ALOT of invasion and objective matches I know first hand how much ridiculousness there is in the gametypes of objective, and before I talk about that I will say, my friends and I have almost exclusively stopped playing Team Objective because of kill farming and super mega try hard teams who just extend the game as much as possible for kills, we are a damn good team but because we actually want to win we get exploited all the time.

*CTF*
2-Flag: This is my first love, I dont want to see it go, however 2-flag at home to score really only works in BTB where you have the flexibility of having someone without a weapon hiding like a scared school girl in your base, in a smaller setting it just turns into a wash.

Now we do know that H4 OBJ will focus on 5v5 matchups (343 using Reach as a H4 playground without us even realizing it) so I think that 2 flag NOT home to score could work again, having 4 players being viable Spartans would help.

1-Flag: Quitters, ever single game, without question. Not to mention how unbelievably rampant quitting is in Reach in general, in OBJ its even worse. I 100% agree with you there should be "if Team A has secured the victory, dont give Team B another round" It just ends up being a 2 second round due to the whole team quitting, or all 4-5 of us chasing one guy around the board.

Neutral-Flag: Balls to it, completely fine with this leaving, we dont need it.

Speedflag: I get what they were trying to do here, and I dont hate it in particular, but the whole carrying the flag as your weapon is what Halo CTF is all about, so it gets a slanty face from me
: /

Flag-Slayer: My opinion might surprise people here but I am not completely opposed to this gametype (SOMETIMES), if all the other team wants to do is kill, then it will be a frustrating match, but if you can manage to get a flag in there somewhere you can force them into playing the game. We have played many games were we said balls to it, went all out for the 3 caps and won the game with our K/D in shreds but a winning smile, there are also games where we have been incredibly evenly matched and although a lot of kills changed hands, that 1 flag cap made a difference. It does breed a very challenging type of strategy depending on who you are playing.

I feel like it almost would be better off just scrapping it, but at the same time I completely understand what they were trying to accomplish there.

CTF In General:
Movement speed up to 100%, no problem with this (at-first, * see below)

Force them to use the flag as a weapon (or drop it)

I dont think people who complain about using the flag as a primary, if they weren't at a huge disadvantage the second someone gets 4 steps away from them, cause then its game over, they have to make that decision to either drop it and fight or try and melee, which becomes a loosing battle after X amount of distance is obtained

*I am my own Devils Advocate on this however, I completely understand why this exists, you have to create a pack mentality, and guarding the flag carrier is essential, when he/she is slower you either have to get that Spartan in a Hog, or form up and take a bullet or 90, I would have to play a gametype in which the flag is at default a few times before I could form a solid opinion, but I completely understand your point and my counterpoint.

I probably missed a few things but I love the video, love the discussion.

It would be awesome if you did Invasion next, I have already dug a shallow grave for Invasion as I feel it will likely not be coming back (with the same name) but I truly hope with all my heart a similar gametype is created in 4

I love Invasion
http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Career/ServiceRecord?gamertag=nillapuddin626#/Invasion

Message Index

Replies:

Flag in Halo 4 *vid*RC Master 4/25/12 3:56 p.m.
     p.s. HBO members feature in vidRC Master 4/25/12 4:35 p.m.
           Senno ecto gammat! *NM*Bones 4/25/12 4:46 p.m.
                 Wait, does it actually bother you?RC Master 4/25/12 5:25 p.m.
                       Re: Wait, does it actually bother you?Bones 4/25/12 6:22 p.m.
                 Leeloo Dallas multipass! *NM*Gravemind 4/25/12 7:44 p.m.
     I love discussions :)nillapuddin 4/25/12 4:54 p.m.
           the thing I forgot!nillapuddin 4/25/12 5:00 p.m.
           Re: I love discussions :)RC Master 4/26/12 7:48 a.m.
                 sharing ideas is awesome, halo is awesome.nillapuddin 4/26/12 9:11 a.m.
     damnit RC, look what you made me do!Revenant1988 4/25/12 5:52 p.m.
           damnit Revenant, look what you made me do!nillapuddin 4/26/12 5:05 a.m.
                 Re: damnit Revenant, look what you made me do!RC Master 4/26/12 11:40 a.m.
                       Re: damnit Revenant, look what you made me do!nillapuddin 4/26/12 12:02 p.m.
           Re: damnit RC, look what you made me do!RC Master 4/26/12 11:33 a.m.
     Cool Vid Bropadraig08 4/25/12 6:48 p.m.
           What is this, i don't even...RC Master 4/26/12 6:45 p.m.
     Re: Flag in Halo 4 *vid*343winks. 4/25/12 9:05 p.m.
           Re: Flag in Halo 4 *vid*RC Master 4/26/12 6:53 p.m.
                 Re: Flag in Halo 4 *vid*343winks. 4/27/12 6:02 a.m.
     Loved this vid.The Lionheart 4/26/12 3:51 a.m.
     Re: Flag in Halo 4 *vid*DEEP NNN 4/26/12 7:19 a.m.
     Re: Flag in Halo 4 *vid*SEspider 4/26/12 10:43 a.m.
     Nice video!The Alpha ELite 4/26/12 4:15 p.m.
     Caution, may contain traces of *MATH*Der Flatulator 4/26/12 10:22 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.