Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Well said, Revenant...
Posted By: SEspider <sespiderproductions@hotmail.com>Date: 3/6/12 2:05 p.m.

In Response To: disruption bomb, incoming! (Revenant1988)

I'm a TERRIBLY sorry to hear about your financial situation, Pete. I understand what you are going through and possibly thinking/worring about as I type this. I just turned 33 and have no choice but to live at home with my parents. I've been trying to get a job for years. YEARS. The most I could get were lousy temp jobs that barely gave me 10 hours a week. I worked for a television studio for over 4 of those years as a intern. No income at all. Just experiance in a trade. I left after learning that I was lied to and my art was being stolen by them. I've applied for every job in my area and more over the last 3 years and not gotten one single call back. I have a great resume, references, and reputation in my fields and community. I've worked very hard and hated it most of the time. My family is now on the razor edge of loosing our home and everything we all have worked so hard to build.

I'm not telling you this to give you a sense of lost or despair. I'm telling you and everyone else this so you all know that you're not alone in the world. I'm also telling you this so you know there IS HOPE. In the last year, I've been approached by the City (my home town), the mayor, and the community to help design a number of outdoor Basketball Courts. Why? because all my hard work has finally reached some people in high places. Sadly a new mayor was sworn in and the process has started over. This had forced funding for the projects into the background. So I'm not going to make any income off of it for at least another year. But it's still a step in the right direction and a possible career I'll enjoy. In short, it may take time, but you'll get another job you enjoy. Hang in there. If any job opportunity comes your way, TAKE IT. This is not the time to be picky over jobs. I don't care if you end up having to be a fry cook. If it pays, take the job. But above all, Don't Give Up on your dreams. Keep searching for a better job. Keep searching for that Dream Job.

::Concerning Halo::

Revenant has hit on all of the main points, Pete. Rooster Teeth made it big because they had a nitch. I love your work and skills, but you (along with most of us) just don't have the nitch(s) to make money in the Halo/gaming community. At least, not that I've seen so far. Not because anyone lacks in skills, but because the internet has so many free options for those skills/talents.

You've got a artist talent and a comedian's mind. It's my favorite thing about your blogs/posts. While you look for work (or after you've found it), I strongly suggest you continue to use those skills to reach people/clients. For now, don't go after making a on-going strip. It's far too easy to get artist & writer's block. Instead, create a portfolio on Deviant Art or other free gallery sites. Heck. Do what I've done and put those skills to print via Redbubble, CafePress, etc. Just keep copyright laws in mind.

Revenant has already suggested this, but I'm going to second it. Create a Online Rendering Service. Give it a cool name and logo. Research what games have a theater feature and allow community sharing. Then offer rendering them for a fee. You'll not be infringing any copyright laws because you'll be offering a rendering service. Not selling the videos themselves. If possible spread into offering to render or edit other videos for people. If you need your company logo/name in 3D, just ask via e-mail and I'll be happy to help where I can.

For now, make looking for a non-Halo related job, your main focus.

Website

Message Index

Replies:

An open discussion about petetheduckpete_the_duck 3/6/12 7:14 a.m.
     Re: An open discussion about petetheducksharpsniper99 3/6/12 7:24 a.m.
           Re: An open discussion about petetheducksharpsniper99 3/6/12 7:33 a.m.
     Re: An open discussion about petetheduckElzarTheBam 3/6/12 7:56 a.m.
     disruption bomb, incoming!Revenant1988 3/6/12 8:22 a.m.
           One single answerLouis Wu 3/6/12 9:27 a.m.
           Agreement.Bones153 3/6/12 10:08 a.m.
                 Re: Agreement.pete_the_duck 3/6/12 10:17 a.m.
                       Re: Agreement.kanbo 3/6/12 10:26 a.m.
                             Re: Agreement.RC Master 3/6/12 10:54 a.m.
                                   Re: Agreement.kanbo 3/6/12 11:04 a.m.
                                         Re: Agreement.RC Master 3/6/12 11:26 a.m.
                                               Re: Agreement.kanbo 3/6/12 11:41 p.m.
           Well said, Revenant...SEspider 3/6/12 2:05 p.m.
     Re: An open discussion about petetheduckpete_the_duck 3/6/12 9:04 a.m.
           Re: An open discussion about petetheduckDEEP NNN 3/6/12 9:23 a.m.
           Re: An open discussion about petetheduckbluerunner 3/6/12 11:06 a.m.
     Re: An open discussion about petetheduckThe Woaf 3/6/12 9:52 a.m.
     Re: An open discussion about petetheduckSchooly D 3/6/12 10:34 a.m.
     Re: An open discussion about petetheduckPkmnrulz240 3/6/12 11:27 a.m.
     Re: petetheduck hears the peoplepete_the_duck 3/6/12 12:00 p.m.
           Re: petetheduck hears the peopleBeckx 3/6/12 12:10 p.m.
                 I second this. ^ *NM*Kermit 3/6/12 10:09 p.m.
     Re: An open discussion about petetheduckLeviathan 3/6/12 5:38 p.m.
           Shut up and retroactively take my money! *NM*Bryan Newman 3/6/12 5:52 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.