Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: An open discussion about petetheduck
Posted By: The Woaf <TheWoaf@Gmail.com>Date: 3/6/12 9:52 a.m.

In Response To: An open discussion about petetheduck (pete_the_duck)

Hey Pete!

Now these guys have painted a very realistic picture I feel. The real world is HARSH and what your proposing is definitely risky and I also don't know you outside of your awesome comics and forge work (I have one of your ducks as my wallpaper!).

But you are VERY talented!

I love your comics, I'm amazed by your forge creations and I really enjoyed last forger standing! (Bit scarred by the competition but I may apply for a series two now I've seen how it pans out!)

Because of this I really hope you find away to keep doing what you do.

I'm afraid I'm not clever enough to work out how to monetise anything! I'm now 31 and aside from a very brief few years as a teenager I've always lived very close to the poverty line. I don't see things changing for a while!

(just letting you know where the advice comes from so you can appraise it for what it is!).

But what I have come to realise is that I regret the things I never put my all into but really wanted more than the things where I've tried and failed.

So if this is what you really want then the only advice I can give is to try. Be sensible obviously. But not to the point where it stops you trying for what you want.

I think if it doesn't work out and you end up stuck in a dead ender for the rest of your days at least you'll know you tried. Maybe I'm naive but I really wish I'd pursued some of the more out there Ideas I've had. Rather than always taking the safe and sensible option like I was supposed to.

This is easy for me to spout out as it's not my families income on the line and I'm single so I can't fully relate to your situation.

I hope whatever you choose to do it works out well for ya! And on a selfish note I hope you manage to keep forging!

Oh and by the by,

I live with an amazingly talented, regularly published cartoonist and he barely makes enough to eat unfortunately so I personally wouldn't recommend you pursue that! He's happy though. He does it for the love.

I'm also not clever enough to work out how to monetise anything! I live very close to the poverty line (just letting you know where the advice comes from so you can appraise it for what it is!)

Dust and Echoes Podcast

Message Index

Replies:

An open discussion about petetheduckpete_the_duck 3/6/12 7:14 a.m.
     Re: An open discussion about petetheducksharpsniper99 3/6/12 7:24 a.m.
           Re: An open discussion about petetheducksharpsniper99 3/6/12 7:33 a.m.
     Re: An open discussion about petetheduckElzarTheBam 3/6/12 7:56 a.m.
     disruption bomb, incoming!Revenant1988 3/6/12 8:22 a.m.
           One single answerLouis Wu 3/6/12 9:27 a.m.
           Agreement.Bones153 3/6/12 10:08 a.m.
                 Re: Agreement.pete_the_duck 3/6/12 10:17 a.m.
                       Re: Agreement.kanbo 3/6/12 10:26 a.m.
                             Re: Agreement.RC Master 3/6/12 10:54 a.m.
                                   Re: Agreement.kanbo 3/6/12 11:04 a.m.
                                         Re: Agreement.RC Master 3/6/12 11:26 a.m.
                                               Re: Agreement.kanbo 3/6/12 11:41 p.m.
           Well said, Revenant...SEspider 3/6/12 2:05 p.m.
     Re: An open discussion about petetheduckpete_the_duck 3/6/12 9:04 a.m.
           Re: An open discussion about petetheduckDEEP NNN 3/6/12 9:23 a.m.
           Re: An open discussion about petetheduckbluerunner 3/6/12 11:06 a.m.
     Re: An open discussion about petetheduckThe Woaf 3/6/12 9:52 a.m.
     Re: An open discussion about petetheduckSchooly D 3/6/12 10:34 a.m.
     Re: An open discussion about petetheduckPkmnrulz240 3/6/12 11:27 a.m.
     Re: petetheduck hears the peoplepete_the_duck 3/6/12 12:00 p.m.
           Re: petetheduck hears the peopleBeckx 3/6/12 12:10 p.m.
                 I second this. ^ *NM*Kermit 3/6/12 10:09 p.m.
     Re: An open discussion about petetheduckLeviathan 3/6/12 5:38 p.m.
           Shut up and retroactively take my money! *NM*Bryan Newman 3/6/12 5:52 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.