Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Thanks for posting, but...
Posted By: TDSpiralDate: 1/25/12 3:55 a.m.

In Response To: Of TUs and Halo 4 (Nikko B201)

I disagree with you about what they should do with the Halo 2 10th anniversary. I mean, really, a title update for Halo 2 Vista? That's not really all that practical, or accessible. They would have to make a lot more copies of Halo 2 Vista to sell, then they would have to figure out a way to implement all these features into the pre-existing infrastructure, and they would have a tough time marketing this to all but like the relatively few people who bought H2V. But the most damning of all questions, why would they do all this for a platform that the Halo series is not native too? It's an Xbox series, and it has been exclusively Xbox since Halo 2 Vista.

What should be done about the H2 10th Anniversary (in my opinion): All or nothing. Either they go all the way and re-visualize Halo 2 like they did with Halo: CE (and even take the Anniversary edition a step or two further), or they don't do anything big at all with it. I lean more towards the "nothing", just because I don't want a trend to start where every 3 years we'll get a re-mastered Halo game. Either way, they shouldn't go half-way and just update H2V. That is such a big waste of time and resources.

Also, why do you think the SMGs make no sense to be in Halo 2? I really don't understand your reasoning.

A bit about your Halo 4 points as well:

Just like Deafhawk, I had no idea what you were talking about until I re-listened to those songs. I really don't see why it's that important to have that tune in the game. Personal preference: Leave it out. I don't expect to hear anything like Marty in Halo 4. I expect to hear great things, but it will sound completely different.

Also, I think I heard somewhere that the Halo 4 announcement trailer is not at all in the game. So he doesn't actually show up in the game wearing completely different armor and in a ship with new gear while he's in cryo. The teaser was more for showing the important things, like "shit is going down, and Chief has a new look and equipment." So don't take the teaser trailer at face-value.

Message Index

Replies:

Of TUs and Halo 4Nikko B201 1/24/12 4:17 p.m.
     Re: Of TUs and Halo 4ZaneZavin 1/24/12 6:30 p.m.
           Re: Of TUs and Halo 4Nikko B201 1/25/12 5:03 a.m.
     Re: Of TUs and Halo 4Deafhawk36 1/24/12 10:48 p.m.
           Re: Of TUs and Halo 4Nikko B201 1/25/12 2:14 a.m.
                 Farthest Outpost -> Released *NM*Nikko B201 1/25/12 3:22 a.m.
     Thanks for posting, but...TDSpiral 1/25/12 3:55 a.m.
           Re: Thanks for posting, but...Nikko B201 1/25/12 4:52 a.m.
                 Re: Thanks for posting, but...Leisandir 1/25/12 7:22 a.m.
     About Nanobots..serpx 1/25/12 10:26 a.m.
           Re: About Nanobots..Nikko B201 1/25/12 1:30 p.m.
                 Re: About Nanobots..Leisandir 1/25/12 2:49 p.m.
                       Re: About Nanobots..Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 1/25/12 6:30 p.m.
                             Re: About Nanobots..General Battuta 1/27/12 10:57 a.m.
                                   Re: About Nanobots..Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 1/27/12 12:39 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.