glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: I'm about to blow your mind (not really)
Posted By: Avateur <avateur@gmail.com>Date: 6/30/11 4:53 a.m.

In Response To: Re: I'm about to blow your mind (not really) (Narcogen)

: So your thesis is that Bungie was, and 343i are, a bunch of idiots-- since
: the existence of that feature in the older game automatically makes it
: possible and feasible for the newer ones, and it didn't make its way into
: the Halo engine until Halo 3, despite being "doable" because
: of... what, gross incompetence?

I didn't know we were talking about Bungie here, and I don't know how many times I saw people asking for theater and referring to Marathon in regards to H2 AND H3 (and they finally got what they wanted with H3). And no, they aren't idiots. Halo 2? Well we already know about the mess that was that game's production. 343 Industries? No. As you keep pointing out, it's almost as if this is all strictly from a business and money standpoint and someone somewhere decided that theater just wouldn't be worth it or wouldn't be used by a lot of people or who knows whatever amazing reason they decided not to include it. Maybe we'll never know. By the way, I totally and completely do not care about theater being in H1A or a possible H2A. I'm simply pointing out that it's quite doable and just another thing this game lacks. Would it have been cool to have? Absolutely. On a personal level though, I don't care in the least if it's there or not. :P

: I love how this makes ME out to be the pessimistic one, unsure of 343i's
: custody of the franchise, because I refuse to proceed from the assumption
: that everyone who makes games is a moron for failing to cater to every
: whim of every splinter of the fanbase.

Don't know where you're getting that from. The fact of the matter is that it's doable and that it's just another feature on top of multiplayer that they excluded for who knows what reason. Or I can take from Cody's posts where he says that with every Bungie title the bar is raised whereas H1A appears to be mostly stagnant (in my opinion).

And no, 343 Industries absolutely does not and should not try to cater to every single individual and group that wants something. Odds are they didn't have enough time to include every thing they wanted to or thought would be cool in H1A. Unfortunately, I'd be willing to bet a large chunk of it all comes down to money and "letting the market decide" and everything else you've been talking about in regards to multiplayer, though. Someone might not have seen a need for theater. Maybe I'm wrong, but if it's that easy to throw multiplayer out when the maps are already there, it has to be even easier to throw theater out as an actual new addition to the game if it came up.

Message Index

Replies:

Haloversary saved filmsKermit 6/29/11 11:08 p.m.
     Re: Haloversary saved filmsGeneral Vagueness 6/29/11 11:12 p.m.
           Re: Haloversary saved filmsHyokin 6/29/11 11:17 p.m.
                 Re: Haloversary saved filmsDagoonite 6/30/11 12:01 a.m.
                       I hugged it....Chris101b 6/30/11 12:14 a.m.
                             Re: I hugged it....Dagoonite 6/30/11 12:42 a.m.
                                   which cutscene? *NM*kidtsunami 6/30/11 1:00 a.m.
                                         The worst cutsceneDagoonite 6/30/11 1:41 a.m.
     Re: I'm too sad to talk about it. *NM*Hedgemony 6/29/11 11:40 p.m.
     Re: Haloversary saved filmsFyreWulff 6/30/11 12:10 a.m.
           Re: Haloversary saved filmsKermit 6/30/11 12:17 a.m.
                 Re: Haloversary saved filmsFyreWulff 6/30/11 12:23 a.m.
     Re: Haloversary saved filmsCody Miller 6/30/11 12:18 a.m.
           Re: Haloversary saved filmsKermit 6/30/11 12:30 a.m.
           Re: Haloversary saved filmsNarcogen 6/30/11 1:16 a.m.
                 Re: Haloversary saved filmsCody Miller 6/30/11 2:21 a.m.
                       Re: Haloversary saved filmsNarcogen 6/30/11 4:31 a.m.
                             Re: Haloversary saved filmsCody Miller 6/30/11 6:08 p.m.
                 I'm about to blow your mind (not really)Avateur 6/30/11 4:06 a.m.
                       Re: I'm about to blow your mind (not really)Narcogen 6/30/11 4:38 a.m.
                             Re: I'm about to blow your mind (not really)Avateur 6/30/11 4:53 a.m.
                                   Re: I'm about to blow your mind (not really)Narcogen 6/30/11 5:52 a.m.
                                         Re: I'm about to blow your mind (not really)Avateur 6/30/11 6:32 a.m.
                                   Re: I'm about to blow your mind (not really)Louis Wu 6/30/11 7:40 a.m.
                                         Re: I'm about to blow your mind (not really)Avateur 6/30/11 7:44 a.m.
                                               Re: I'm about to blow your mind (not really)Louis Wu 6/30/11 7:47 a.m.
                                         Re: I'm about to blow your mind (not really)Cody Miller 6/30/11 5:57 p.m.
                                               Re: I'm about to blow your mind (not really)Louis Wu 6/30/11 6:45 p.m.
                                                     Re: I'm about to blow your mind (not really)Cody Miller 6/30/11 9:03 p.m.
     Re: Haloversary saved filmsCody Miller 6/30/11 12:21 a.m.
     Fight on, warriors! *IMG*uberfoop 6/30/11 1:12 a.m.
           Re: Fight on, warriors! *IMG*Narcogen 6/30/11 1:17 a.m.
                 Re: Fight on, warriors! *IMG*Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 6/30/11 7:39 a.m.
     Re: Haloversary saved filmsHyokin 6/30/11 1:22 a.m.
           Re: Haloversary saved filmsNarcogen 6/30/11 4:41 a.m.
                 Re: Haloversary saved filmsKermit 6/30/11 7:38 a.m.
     I think you all know...RC Master 6/30/11 5:08 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.