Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

On the other hand.
Posted By: uberfoop <atkinso2@seattleu.edu>Date: 5/2/11 6:42 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Where on the Halo is Captain Keyes? (uberfoop)

: At any rate, the only thing you gain from retconning the original game is a
: Hornet boss battle, which seems unnecessary, like it's bloating a level
: that was intended to be a quaint morning-esque opener to act 2; AotCR is
: the grand action. Not to mention, you've lost the awesome pelican tunnel
: shot with the light from above, which is probably one of the
: coolest-looking moments in the series.

Well, on the other hand, I suppose that I'm approaching the criticism of this rewrite from the standpoint that its narrative flow might be vaguely reminiscient of the original game, but you seem to be completely ditching the original narrative/gameplay resonance scheme for something very different, and I suppose this rewrite isn't far enough in yet to necessarily see where you're going with it, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Message Index

Replies:

Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent CartographerSonGoharotto 5/1/11 9:07 p.m.
     Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent CartographerZackDark 5/1/11 9:35 p.m.
           Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent CartographerSonGoharotto 5/1/11 9:38 p.m.
     Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent CartographerStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/1/11 10:08 p.m.
           Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent CartographerSonGoharotto 5/2/11 3:41 p.m.
     Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent Cartographeruberfoop 5/1/11 11:38 p.m.
           Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent CartographerZackDark 5/1/11 11:44 p.m.
                 Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent Cartographeruberfoop 5/1/11 11:49 p.m.
                       Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent CartographerZackDark 5/2/11 12:11 a.m.
                             Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent Cartographeruberfoop 5/2/11 12:17 a.m.
                                   Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent CartographerMoorpheusl9 5/2/11 9:31 a.m.
                                         Where on the Halo is Captain Keyes?SonGoharotto 5/2/11 4:43 p.m.
                                               Re: Where on the Halo is Captain Keyes?Leisandir 5/2/11 5:01 p.m.
                                                     Re: Where on the Halo is Captain Keyes?SonGoharotto 5/2/11 5:14 p.m.
                                                           Re: Where on the Halo is Captain Keyes?Leisandir 5/2/11 5:32 p.m.
                                               Re: Where on the Halo is Captain Keyes?uberfoop 5/2/11 6:34 p.m.
                                                     On the other hand.uberfoop 5/2/11 6:42 p.m.
                                                           Re: On the other hand.SonGoharotto 5/2/11 8:39 p.m.
                                                     Re: Where on the Halo is Captain Keyes?SonGoharotto 5/2/11 8:39 p.m.
                                                           They thought it was a weapons cache. *NM*Leisandir 5/2/11 11:07 p.m.
                                               Re: Where on the Halo is Captain Keyes?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/2/11 6:37 p.m.
                                                     Re: Where on the Halo is Captain Keyes?SonGoharotto 5/2/11 8:42 p.m.
                 Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent CartographerLeisandir 5/2/11 4:04 p.m.
     Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent Cartographermc_leprechaun 5/2/11 8:37 a.m.
           Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent CartographerSonGoharotto 5/2/11 4:33 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.