Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent Cartographer
Posted By: mc_leprechaunDate: 5/2/11 8:37 a.m.

In Response To: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent Cartographer (SonGoharotto)

Been reading these but not commenting till now, here goes :)

I think the gauss hog this early is too much, Stick with the chain gun and leave the spectre out for reasons explained later.

Not a fan of the ghosts on the interior of the island (post hunter slaying) I never thought that area was big enough to serve vehicle combat. Even bringing the warthog up (as you can do with good driving) if you had reach's AI and the lack of turning space (there's a lot of trees there iirc) would mean for me that maybe a vehicle isn't the way to go. Ghosts would work I guess for a LASO speed run type situation but interesting idea for spicing up that section.

The engineers supplying sheilds inside the substation is a nice alternative to the hunters but I'd favour another elite or two for a challenge. One of the things that I loved about that section was the hunters and the fact the quarters are so close that one false move = splat!

Bandaged elites? Doesn't feel right.. Might be better to give him a distinctive scarring on his armour or helmet like BSG's Scar

You mention earlier that "The island is a rough circle, so whichever direction Master Chief drives in, he will soon encounter a Covenant patrol supported by a Spectre".. since you destroyed one earlier and you've been to the interior now.. where does the second come from? Drop ship? You have a phantom appearing later I'd stick with that personally and maybe beef up the patrol investigating bravo 022 to a major elite and or maybe spec ops. Not feeling the shotgun here if I'm honest.

I miss the hunters at the entrance to the installation.. I can see how the gauss hog would be useful in this situation but you have heavy ordinance so I think I'd stick with the chain gun variant :)

Once inside maybe use skirmishers instead of drones.. (I'm assuming I don't have the shotgun from above) you don't want to be shooting sitting ducks now do you?).

I'd skip the hornet section to be honest.. to far a departure for me from the original design. I appreciate it doesn't break the level per se. cutting any related chatter from foehammer about that and revert back to the original dialogue for "turn on a dime" etc.

Overall I think that the aim of the excercise to tweak things a little has gone a little beyond that here on this level and I for one would be cautious of playing with this too much as this level consistently features highly on the "all time favourite halo level" lists..

Still, thanks for an alternative take on things.. it's always good to see another point of view. :)

Message Index

Replies:

Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent CartographerSonGoharotto 5/1/11 9:07 p.m.
     Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent CartographerZackDark 5/1/11 9:35 p.m.
           Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent CartographerSonGoharotto 5/1/11 9:38 p.m.
     Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent CartographerStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/1/11 10:08 p.m.
           Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent CartographerSonGoharotto 5/2/11 3:41 p.m.
     Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent Cartographeruberfoop 5/1/11 11:38 p.m.
           Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent CartographerZackDark 5/1/11 11:44 p.m.
                 Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent Cartographeruberfoop 5/1/11 11:49 p.m.
                       Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent CartographerZackDark 5/2/11 12:11 a.m.
                             Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent Cartographeruberfoop 5/2/11 12:17 a.m.
                                   Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent CartographerMoorpheusl9 5/2/11 9:31 a.m.
                                         Where on the Halo is Captain Keyes?SonGoharotto 5/2/11 4:43 p.m.
                                               Re: Where on the Halo is Captain Keyes?Leisandir 5/2/11 5:01 p.m.
                                                     Re: Where on the Halo is Captain Keyes?SonGoharotto 5/2/11 5:14 p.m.
                                                           Re: Where on the Halo is Captain Keyes?Leisandir 5/2/11 5:32 p.m.
                                               Re: Where on the Halo is Captain Keyes?uberfoop 5/2/11 6:34 p.m.
                                                     On the other hand.uberfoop 5/2/11 6:42 p.m.
                                                           Re: On the other hand.SonGoharotto 5/2/11 8:39 p.m.
                                                     Re: Where on the Halo is Captain Keyes?SonGoharotto 5/2/11 8:39 p.m.
                                                           They thought it was a weapons cache. *NM*Leisandir 5/2/11 11:07 p.m.
                                               Re: Where on the Halo is Captain Keyes?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/2/11 6:37 p.m.
                                                     Re: Where on the Halo is Captain Keyes?SonGoharotto 5/2/11 8:42 p.m.
                 Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent CartographerLeisandir 5/2/11 4:04 p.m.
     Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent Cartographermc_leprechaun 5/2/11 8:37 a.m.
           Re: Halo [R]Evolved - The Silent CartographerSonGoharotto 5/2/11 4:33 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.