Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: The Rock says it doesn't matter if CoD4 is on
Posted By: Avateur <avateur@gmail.com>Date: 4/9/08 1:14 a.m.

In Response To: The Rock says it doesn't matter if CoD4 is on top! (Gravemind)

If I had to name the biggest complaint I've heard when comparing the two games, I'd have to say it's the ranking system. CoD4's challenges and perks aside, at least you rank up in CoD4 based on individual merit, k/d ratio, etc. Even if you lose, you get some (even if miniscule) exp toward your next rank. For H3, Bungie decided it'd be great to, rather than make their own system like in H2, go with Microsoft's flawed and ever-failing ranking system that can allow people to get to level 50 with 200 wins and 10 losses whereas others will get to level 50 with 700 games and 10 losses.

That may seem exaggerated, but it isn't. I've witnessed people achieve level 50s with 73 wins out of 85 games, while I've witnessed others win 100 games out of 103 and barely crack 45. In H3 Team Slayer, I personally won 11 games in a row, going positive K/D -each- time and remained a 46. I lost one. I then won six more and remained a 46. No one likes playing a game where you can't go anywhere no matter what you do. Like you said, it all comes down to personal preference (or possibly fanboyism), because that's sure keeping me on H3. I prefer it (even though I love CoD4), and I enjoy playing with HBOers and other friends on H3 far more than CoD4.

Also, CoD4's new maps knocked myself and hundreds of others off of Xbox Live entirely, and kept thousands from even loading up Marketplace in general. If H3's Legendary DLC can do that, then yes, it will "prove" itself as CoD4's worthy adversary. It will also prove that Bungie's jacked up H3 maps with all of their jacked up spawnpoints and jacked up weapon locations that have angered so many people truly are jacked up, showing that it takes a Sidewinder spiritual successor and a Lockout remake to bring new life to H3's Xbox Live playability. In other words, this DLC may end the debate of "New maps vs Old map remakes" if it's way more successful than the Heroic DLC.

Oh, and while I'm at it, if Shishka reads this, please remove Foundry from Double Team. That's a serious request. Now for a semi-serious while being well aware it won't happen request: Remove Foundry from matchmaking in its entirety. That's the worst map ever made. Seriously. Forge only or Community Playlist with Forged Foundry Gametypes only. I don't think I've ever seen a map get hated on or veto'd so much ever. Not even Chiron.

Message Index

Replies:

COD 4 once again tops the chartsSPARTAN 294 4/8/08 8:02 p.m.
     Re: COD 4 once again tops the chartsEiii 4/8/08 8:23 p.m.
           Re: COD 4 once again tops the chartsRaulboy 4/9/08 1:02 a.m.
     Can we just stop?kanbo 4/8/08 8:26 p.m.
           No kidding. *NM*Crackshot53 4/8/08 9:26 p.m.
           Idea...gunluva 4/8/08 10:30 p.m.
     Re: COD 4 once again tops the chartsPsychophan7 4/8/08 8:48 p.m.
           Re: COD 4 once again tops the chartsxMixMasterx 4/8/08 9:24 p.m.
                 Re: COD 4 once again tops the chartskanbo 4/8/08 9:40 p.m.
                       Re: COD 4 once again tops the chartsxMixMasterx 4/8/08 9:47 p.m.
                             Re: COD 4 once again tops the chartskanbo 4/8/08 10:32 p.m.
                 Re: COD 4 once again tops the chartsAnEternalEnigma 4/9/08 12:01 p.m.
                       Re: COD 4 once again tops the chartsxMixMasterx 4/9/08 3:25 p.m.
                             Re: COD 4 once again tops the chartsBry 4/9/08 8:03 p.m.
           Re: COD 4 once again tops the chartselpolloguapo 4/8/08 9:51 p.m.
           Re: COD 4 once again tops the chartsCody Miller 4/8/08 10:32 p.m.
     The Rock says it doesn't matter if CoD4 is on top!Gravemind 4/9/08 12:53 a.m.
           Re: The Rock says it doesn't matter if CoD4 is on Avateur 4/9/08 1:14 a.m.
           Re: The Rock says it doesn't matter if CoD4 is onVVM 4/9/08 1:38 a.m.
                 Re: The Rock says it doesn't matter if CoD4 is onAvateur 4/9/08 1:50 a.m.
           Re: The Rock says it doesn't matter if CoD4 is onEiii 4/9/08 3:13 a.m.
                 Re: The Rock says it doesn't matter if CoD4 is onGravemind 4/9/08 3:38 a.m.
                       Re: The Rock says it doesn't matter if CoD4 is onEiii 4/9/08 4:17 a.m.
                             Re: The Rock says it doesn't matter if CoD4 is onAvateur 4/9/08 5:36 a.m.
                             Re: The Rock says it doesn't matter if CoD4 is onGravemind 4/9/08 1:10 p.m.
           Wait a gulldurned minute...stan 4/9/08 8:41 a.m.
                 Re: Wait a gulldurned minute...Gravemind 4/9/08 1:26 p.m.
     COD4 fans irritate me.Jordan117 4/9/08 1:40 a.m.
           Re: COD4 fans irritate me.elpolloguapo 4/9/08 6:30 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.