Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Tsavo fun at Bad Cyborg
Posted By: scarabDate: 11/27/07 1:46 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Tsavo fun at Bad Cyborg (Rockslider)

: I'm surprised to hear of you risking using the hog for cover. It reminds me
: of one particular place in H1 where that was definitely a bad idea because
: the Banshee would tend to swoop along and barge into it and you'd get
: squished by the hog, something I warned about in the 'Banshee battling'
: section of Cliffside hilltop fun . However, that behaviour might have
: been unique to that unusual high-altitude environment. Do Banshees really
: never send in blasts or try to squash you, in normal circumstances in H1?
: Or H3? Even if so, I personally wouldn't like to use the hog for cover
: from a Banshee, because I'd still feel vulnerable. I mean, maybe this
: particular pilot is in a bad mood! I'd normally use a tree or rock.

It works 99% of the time in the canyon with the big pillar. They rarely ram if you're vehicle is still and facing them and you got out before they launched their fuel rod blast.

I have been caught out once or twice and it is embarrassing. But I've done it lots and it usually works.

I know which directions they come from so I suppose its not natural behaviour but you can see them circling ahead so maybe its not too far fetched to do this.

I usually pepper the Elites gaurding the parked Banshees with the LAAG and watch for the Banshee beginning its strafing run. Jump out, stand at the back to encourage it, shotty out. Duck down as it gets close, point shotty at sky, give it a blast as it goes over.

They don't much like that. Wait a beat then jump into the LAAG and pepper the Banshee as it flies back into position. You can aim higher for a split second when you get on the gun, then the sight goes lower and wont go so high.

I then go to the other side of the pillar and try the second Banshee. But he can be a tease and he has trouble negogiating the pipes that stick out of the pillar. He is far less predictable. Sometimes I have to drive out to get his to go after me. This often requires using a tree to trap the shee so I can sticky it. Its at the side of the pillar, diagonally opposite the Wraith's position, nearer the exit back towards where you came from (the control room).

Other times I just take a ghost and run for the parked Banshees to grab one as fast as possible.

: So if I understand you correctly, you're saying that Banshees like cheese?
: Hoo! We're really covering some ground-breaking tactical know-how in this
: thread eh?

They also chase after balled up silver paper, pinged with a finger, or twists of newspaper on the end of a string.

Now that I think of it, the Halo Elites' helmets always looked like they had cats' ears from a distance.

: Excellent. Will there be more cheese involved?

No, this time I'm the mouse and the Wraith is the cat. Hit and run seems to be the order of the day with Halo 3 Wraiths.

I still like to think that I'm Jerry and they're Tom.

Message Index

Replies:

Tsavo fun at Bad CyborgRockslider 11/22/07 8:23 a.m.
     Re: Tsavo fun at Bad Cyborgscarab 11/24/07 6:41 a.m.
           Re: Tsavo fun at Bad CyborgRockslider 11/24/07 2:37 p.m.
                 Re: Tsavo fun at Bad Cyborgscarab 11/25/07 7:30 a.m.
                       It's 'bowl', not 'bowel'. *NM*PsycoJoe 11/25/07 7:48 a.m.
                             OGM! (Blush) *NM*scarab 11/25/07 11:07 a.m.
                                   OMG (its not my day) *NM*scarab 11/25/07 11:08 a.m.
                       Re: Tsavo fun at Bad CyborgRefinedSolid 11/25/07 8:12 a.m.
                             Re: Tsavo fun at Bad Cyborgscarab 11/25/07 11:12 a.m.
                       Re: Tsavo fun at Bad CyborgRockslider 11/25/07 12:31 p.m.
                             Re: Tsavo fun at Bad Cyborgscarab 11/26/07 7:34 a.m.
                                   Re: Tsavo fun at Bad CyborgRockslider 11/26/07 4:43 p.m.
                                         Re: Tsavo fun at Bad Cyborgscarab 11/27/07 1:46 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.