Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Tsavo fun at Bad Cyborg
Posted By: scarabDate: 11/24/07 6:41 a.m.

In Response To: Tsavo fun at Bad Cyborg (Rockslider)

: In Bad Cyborg's Halo 3 fun section I've finally got the Tsavo Highway page
: off to a start with two items. Cave exit skirmish is about having some
: fun with the first group of enemies, while Leaving Marines behind at the
: start provides advice on ditching the early Marines so you can start
: tackling the level on foot, my usual approach.

I killed my marine buddies and tried the shield tower bowel* by myself.

Joy!!!

It reminded me of Halo game play.

You know, where an intelligent Chief makes intelligent decisions and things are really well thought out and work. Efficient killing.

I enjoyed it so much better.

I used their help to take out the Wraith but went back to the high ground near the entrance to the bowel, killed my gunner, the passanger had died of 'natural causes'. Then I used the hog as a portable gun platform.

I could put it exactly where I wanted it. I didn;t have to worry about marines deciding to drive us all to our death's. I shot at all the things that I wanted shot at. It was so easy.

Those Brute vehicle that give so much trouble before, they just died, helplessly. Thirty seconds fire on the turret and it was wreckage. Fun was had playing cat and mouse, on foot, at the tunnel entrance. A placed grenade turned 6 Covies into corpses.

The difference is night and day. Gameplay turned from frustration at the utter stupidity of the marines and annoyance of the sluggish warthog handling to joy, sheer joy, at a return to the controlled foot-soldiery-plus-hog of the original game.

I was playing till 4 this morning so I'm going to have a break. But after that I'm going to redo more of TH on foot.

I'm serious here, Halo 3 vehicle combat is broken. Its probably a legacy from h2. Marines should never be allowed to drive a vehicle that I am using. Let them go off and kill themselves on mongi, use scripting to give them vehicles but don't allow them to make vehicle driving decisions for themselves.

*On the Ark

Message Index

Replies:

Tsavo fun at Bad CyborgRockslider 11/22/07 8:23 a.m.
     Re: Tsavo fun at Bad Cyborgscarab 11/24/07 6:41 a.m.
           Re: Tsavo fun at Bad CyborgRockslider 11/24/07 2:37 p.m.
                 Re: Tsavo fun at Bad Cyborgscarab 11/25/07 7:30 a.m.
                       It's 'bowl', not 'bowel'. *NM*PsycoJoe 11/25/07 7:48 a.m.
                             OGM! (Blush) *NM*scarab 11/25/07 11:07 a.m.
                                   OMG (its not my day) *NM*scarab 11/25/07 11:08 a.m.
                       Re: Tsavo fun at Bad CyborgRefinedSolid 11/25/07 8:12 a.m.
                             Re: Tsavo fun at Bad Cyborgscarab 11/25/07 11:12 a.m.
                       Re: Tsavo fun at Bad CyborgRockslider 11/25/07 12:31 p.m.
                             Re: Tsavo fun at Bad Cyborgscarab 11/26/07 7:34 a.m.
                                   Re: Tsavo fun at Bad CyborgRockslider 11/26/07 4:43 p.m.
                                         Re: Tsavo fun at Bad Cyborgscarab 11/27/07 1:46 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.