Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Tsavo fun at Bad Cyborg
Posted By: scarabDate: 11/25/07 7:30 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Tsavo fun at Bad Cyborg (Rockslider)

: Huh? I'm can't figure out which bit you're talking about and I can't recall
: any encounter with bowels at all. Cue questionable humourous remark...

Most of the vehicle fighting takes place in bowels, arenas, whatever. Its just the general topology of the encounter areas.

The bowel in question isn't on Tsavo Highway, its on the Ark, its at the base of the beam/shield tower. I suppose that the level will be the Covenant level.

There is a waterfall near the entrance. There is a wraith, two turrets, and two Brute vehicles that spawn when the Wraith dies.

: Still, nice to hear some gameplay talk; I'd happily join in if only I knew
: what you were on about. And you were playing till 4 in the morning? That's
: what I call commitment! There really ought to be an achievement for that.
: They could call it Bleary-Eye. I haven't pulled any rediculous stints with
: H3 but I must have had my H1 disc spinning into the morning hours many a
: time. You probably know how it goes: "Just a FEW more covies and then
: I'll quit..."

I wanted to play Crows' Nest because I spotted some useful ammo upstairs when watching a saved game. I'd run out the last time I played it. So I played CN then I carried on into TH, then into TS, F, TA, TC, C...

: I NEVER ride with Marines. I did try it once early on to see if things were
: any better than in H2, but just as before, it only took me the one go to
: realize that on no account should I let myself be driven into battle by
: these hapless bozos. I tried it at the start of Tsavo and it was quite
: painful how they tried to negotiate the run through the caves. When we
: finally got to some enemies, disaster ensued. The driver seemed to be
: thinking something like: "Hey I know, I'll drive right up close to
: this nasty cluster of enemies so the Chief is too close to do any
: effective chain-gunning and so we'll be grenaded right away. He'll like
: that." Yeah thanks a bunch, matey.

I never let them drive but I have tried stocking a troop hog with all FR guns and then tried to tackle the hard part with the Wraiths and the Choppers. I was down two passangers after the first 2 seconds.

If four FR guns don't make you invincible, what will?

It may have been my sucky driving but all I did was enter the area by jumping the gap. There was no time for good or bad driving to have had any impact.

Anyway, I've spent too much time playing musical chairs in the warthog tango. No matter what weapons you give your passangers, you are still not garanteed to live more than 10 seconds after combat begins.

As I said, the tower bowel encounter was a breeze once I decided to dispense with my marines. The only downside is that I had to kill them myself.

You can let them live and then try leaving the vehicle for a stolen minute of solo fighting but you can't relax. You are still waiting for, 'I'll drive' and then you have to leg it back to the vehicle to stop them destroying that valuable asset. Its a miserable experience. I felt liberated when I finally stopped trying to get through by stocking the Hog with good passanger weapons.

On a side issue, I have noticed that its no longer as useful to give your marines sniper rifles. They just hide in cover and provide combat dialogue instead of contributing by shooting people.

That's getting annoying. Its almost like Bungie hear what strategies we use to make the game easier and then they remove them from the game.

Who owns the sandbox?

Is it possible to do TH entirely on foot?

: And that reminds me, I'm still disappointed that you don't see any bird
: flying around. Ok we got some rats, but birds would've added rather more
: to the atmosphere I think (literally).

Zelda, Twighlight Princess had some nice little birds in the enchanted forest. They were Robin sized, well done.

I want to say more but the other half is nagging me. Got to go into town. More later.

Message Index

Replies:

Tsavo fun at Bad CyborgRockslider 11/22/07 8:23 a.m.
     Re: Tsavo fun at Bad Cyborgscarab 11/24/07 6:41 a.m.
           Re: Tsavo fun at Bad CyborgRockslider 11/24/07 2:37 p.m.
                 Re: Tsavo fun at Bad Cyborgscarab 11/25/07 7:30 a.m.
                       It's 'bowl', not 'bowel'. *NM*PsycoJoe 11/25/07 7:48 a.m.
                             OGM! (Blush) *NM*scarab 11/25/07 11:07 a.m.
                                   OMG (its not my day) *NM*scarab 11/25/07 11:08 a.m.
                       Re: Tsavo fun at Bad CyborgRefinedSolid 11/25/07 8:12 a.m.
                             Re: Tsavo fun at Bad Cyborgscarab 11/25/07 11:12 a.m.
                       Re: Tsavo fun at Bad CyborgRockslider 11/25/07 12:31 p.m.
                             Re: Tsavo fun at Bad Cyborgscarab 11/26/07 7:34 a.m.
                                   Re: Tsavo fun at Bad CyborgRockslider 11/26/07 4:43 p.m.
                                         Re: Tsavo fun at Bad Cyborgscarab 11/27/07 1:46 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.