Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

You're not going to like it *SP*
Posted By: scarabDate: 11/14/07 2:23 p.m.

In Response To: Re: You missed his point, I think (Anton P. Nym (aka Steve))

: That was one reason I was a big proponent of the idea that any species could
: be a Reclaimer if they demonstrated selected characteristics. (One leg of
: my now-discredited "neural interface" theory.) It put all the
: Forerunners' eggs in one basket, which was entirely ignored for 100,000
: years... who knows what might have happened in the intervening time to
: render us unsuitable or maybe even extinct, without some sort of
: supervision?

It makes sense if Humans are Forerunners. (Told you, you wouldn't like it)

The Shield World / Array plan was a last ditch plan. It wasn't hastily implemented, they had ~300 years to do it, but the Forerunners hoped that they could avoid using it.

Obviously the AIs on the Shield Worlds and the Array installations knew the plan.

It was: Forerunners shelter on Shield Worlds, Array activates, Forerunners return when it is safe to reclaim their stuff/position.

The AIs were told to watch out for the Reclaimers.

The Forerunners did not know of Earth. They did not know that it was their home world. They did not know their true origins. This is the mystery that the discovery of Earth could begin to answer.

From the fith server:

The anomalous world is in a perilous location beyond the line.
{/THE SECRETS IT HOLDS MUST BE PRESERVED/}
{/PLANS WITHIN PLANS WITHIN PLANS/}
The inhabitants; these unique denizens, must be researched.
They may hold answers to our own mysteries.
{/WHAT IRONY THAT WE DISCOVERED THIS TREASURE, ONLY AT THE END OF THINGS/}
{/BUT WHAT FORTUNE THAT WE STILL HAD TIME TO SAVE THEM/}
The thing we built on that world will vouchsafe their lives,
{/BUT PERHAPS ONE DAY IT WILL BE USED FOR ITS INTENDED PURPOSE/}
If the plan succeeds, and they are saved, it will be a good world.
If the plan fails,
{/AND THE ADVERSARY SUCCEEDS/}
it will remain an enigma forever
{/WITH NO ONE LEFT TO RECLAIM IT/}

Plans within plans within plans:

Its a secret and separate plan to preserve these Forerunners. Think of it as belts and braces. It is definitely not widely known so nobody knows about us and we are not taught.

Note: the Forerunners did not put is there, we were discovered ONLY AT THE END OF THINGS.

From Terminal Four:

L: I've remotely destroyed our Keyships. A security measure. Without them I cannot reach the Ark. But neither then can the thing.

I'm trapped. On a beautiful, empty world. Its inhabitants have been safely indexed, every single one of them. They're special--well worth the effort it took to build one final gateway even at this late hour.

This may be our last communication. I'm begging you. Fire the Array. Light the weapon, and let it be done.

Humans have been discovered late and their discovery has been kept secret to preserve them should the Forerunners fall.

Didact come up with his cunning plan (MB) and is forced to fire the Array too soon.

No forerunners make it to the Shield worlds, or they fail to open once closed.

AIs on worlds and installations within the Maginot sphere know to expect Reclaimers from the Shield Worlds. They never arrive.

But the AIs know what a Reclaimer looks like. They look like Forerunners :-)

So when Sparky sees a Forerunner he assumes that he has seen a Reclaimer come to reclaim his Forerunner heritage.

: There's something seriously wrong with the Reclaimer scheme as we understand
: it now; I hope that there's a plot explanation for this, but it could just
: be a gaping hole.

: -- Steve could see our intended "cybernannies" getting dragooned
: into the Mendicant/Offensive fight for instance, or destroyed/subverted by
: the same, but we have no game or story evidence this happened so it's pure
: speculation.

The cybernannies are in the Shield world bubbles, teaching Forerunners or waiting to teach Forerunners.

We were deliberately left alone, our world was in an isolated location, far from known worlds, unknown by Flood and the majority of Forerunners and their AIs.

Earth was not the sole basket, we weren't the only eggs. The Shield worlds were supposed to work. MB was supposed to work. Maybe the Maginot line was supposed to hold.

It was only fate that left us as the sole surviving remnant of the Forerunners.

Message Index

Replies:

Humanity-Forerunner Stuff, *CH Spoilers*yakaman 11/12/07 6:53 p.m.
     Re: Humanity-Forerunner Stuff, *CH Spoilers*elpolloguapo 11/12/07 7:41 p.m.
           Re: Humanity-Forerunner Stuff, *CH Spoilers*yakaman 11/13/07 10:19 a.m.
                 Re: Humanity-Forerunner Stuff, *CH Spoilers*Dundradal 11/13/07 10:28 a.m.
                 Re: Humanity-Forerunner Stuff, *CH Spoilers*elpolloguapo 11/13/07 3:28 p.m.
                       Re: Humanity-Forerunner Stuff, *CH Spoilers*scarab 11/14/07 2:16 a.m.
                             You missed his point, I thinkyakaman 11/14/07 9:06 a.m.
                                   Re: You missed his point, I thinkAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 11/14/07 9:50 a.m.
                                         Re: You missed his point, I thinkyakaman 11/14/07 12:48 p.m.
                                         You're not going to like it *SP*scarab 11/14/07 2:23 p.m.
                                               Re: You're not going to like it *SP*scarab 11/14/07 2:46 p.m.
                                                     Re: You're not going to like it *SP*Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 11/14/07 3:20 p.m.
                                                           Re: You're not going to like it *SP*scarab 11/14/07 6:06 p.m.
                                                                 Re: You're not going to like it *SP*elpolloguapo 11/14/07 6:14 p.m.
                                                                       Re: You're not going to like it *SP*scarab 11/14/07 7:31 p.m.
                                                                             This is my point, exactly.yakaman 11/15/07 4:00 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*scarab 11/15/07 5:11 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*elpolloguapo 11/15/07 6:12 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*scarab 11/16/07 7:46 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*Louis Wu 11/16/07 9:55 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*scarab 11/16/07 2:19 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Willfully obtuse?yakaman 11/16/07 5:08 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Wait a second....yakaman 11/16/07 5:18 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Wait a second....elpolloguapo 11/16/07 5:50 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Wait a second....scarab 11/16/07 5:52 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: Willfully obtuse?elpolloguapo 11/16/07 5:48 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: Willfully obtuse?scarab 11/16/07 5:49 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*Louis Wu 11/16/07 9:15 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*scarab 11/17/07 6:13 a.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*Louis Wu 11/17/07 6:20 a.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*scarab 11/17/07 1:23 p.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*Louis Wu 11/17/07 4:06 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*elpolloguapo 11/17/07 12:06 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*scarab 11/17/07 1:25 p.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*elpolloguapo 11/17/07 1:30 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*elpolloguapo 11/17/07 12:08 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*scarab 11/17/07 2:00 p.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*elpolloguapo 11/17/07 2:10 p.m.
                                                                                                                                               Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*scarab 11/17/07 3:37 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                     Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*Cthulhu117 11/17/07 6:17 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                           Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*scarab 11/18/07 5:55 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                     Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*elpolloguapo 11/17/07 6:30 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Cortana LetterNarcogen 11/16/07 9:18 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: Cortana Letterscarab 11/17/07 3:10 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Cortana Letter *SP*Narcogen 11/18/07 6:15 a.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: Cortana Letter *SP*elpolloguapo 11/18/07 6:56 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: Cortana Letter *SP*scarab 11/19/07 7:37 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: This is my point, exactly.elpolloguapo 11/15/07 6:06 p.m.
                                                     Re: You're not going to like it *SP*elpolloguapo 11/14/07 3:40 p.m.
                                                           Re: You're not going to like it *CH* *SP*scarab 11/14/07 7:05 p.m.
                                                                 Re: You're not going to like it *CH* *SP*elpolloguapo 11/14/07 8:28 p.m.
                                                                       Re: You're not going to like it *CH* *SP*scarab 11/15/07 8:34 a.m.
                                                                             Re: You're not going to like it *CH* *SP*elpolloguapo 11/15/07 3:11 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: You're not going to like it *CH* *SP*scarab 11/15/07 4:35 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: You're not going to like it *CH* *SP*elpolloguapo 11/15/07 6:25 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: You're not going to like it *CH* *SP*scarab 11/16/07 8:30 a.m.
                                                           Re: You're not going to like it *SP*Roflsalad 11/18/07 11:20 p.m.
     Re: Humanity-Forerunner Stuff, *CH Spoilers*Orpheus 11/12/07 7:48 p.m.
           Re: Humanity-Forerunner Stuff, *CH Spoilers*elpolloguapo 11/12/07 7:51 p.m.
                 Re: Humanity-Forerunner Stuff, *CH Spoilers*Orpheus 11/12/07 8:09 p.m.
                       Re: Humanity-Forerunner Stuff, *CH Spoilers*elpolloguapo 11/12/07 8:16 p.m.
           Re: Humanity-Forerunner Stuff, *CH Spoilers*Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 11/12/07 9:25 p.m.
                 Re: Humanity-Forerunner Stuff, *CH Spoilers*Dundradal 11/12/07 9:32 p.m.
                 Exactly.Cthulhu117 11/14/07 6:44 p.m.
                       Re: Exactly.elpolloguapo 11/14/07 6:53 p.m.
                             Re: Exactly.Dundradal 11/15/07 9:18 a.m.
                                   Re: Exactly.Cthulhu117 11/15/07 4:53 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.